Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Your know what's interesting? Dan outright says some Trump voters are racists, and Trump (Mr. I Start Feuds with Veterans' Families) hasn't said boo about it to the press. I suspect because Dan was wisely diplomatic about it and made it clear that he didn't think Trump himself was racist, just that he was attracting that type. He may be one of very few public figures to skillfully avoid a Trump feud! :D
Dans one of my favorite actors. I try to not pay attention to what he says politically. Liberals, democrats calling people racist for anyone not agreeing with them isn't anything new. Yes it's true that some and I have to emphasis on the "not all Trump supporters are racist." The same can be said about followers that are supporting Hillary as well.

Donald fell for Hillary hook line and sinker but for anyone to think Khan wasn't allowing himself to be used by Hillary in the Democratic Convention isn't paying attention. I'm just sorry that Khan felt it was necessary for them to use a fallen hero who had no voice in what his father was going to do. Trump should have kept quiet and not allowed Hillary to bait him like she had. I almost wish that Donald would have selected William Shatner for his VP just to yell at Khan.
Yeah, I saw that in KTLA. her accounts were hacked and nude picture leaked on the 'net.

I just do not understand what is wrong with this world. First I read that no one wants to help her dress up until she went to twitter.

Along with that I remember reading about a guy who called her a dude. She was so upset. she must have a huge list of people she blocked.

These racist abuse needs to stop. It seems to have getting worse over the years.

I do not know if Ernie Hudson had to deal with that too? He probably didnt go though all this like Leslie Jones has to go though.

These who are racist, just as stupid as they are.

There should be a law out there. I do not like how people treat others. I treat them the way I like to be treated. but I too have to deal with handful of idiots that mistreat me.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Sharky58 wrote:Yeah, I saw that in KTLA. her accounts were hacked and nude picture leaked on the 'net.

I just do not understand what is wrong with this world. First I read that no one wants to help her dress up until she went to twitter.

Along with that I remember reading about a guy who called her a dude. She was so upset. she must have a huge list of people she blocked.

These racist abuse needs to stop. It seems to have getting worse over the years.

I do not know if Ernie Hudson had to deal with that too? He probably didnt go though all this like Leslie Jones has to go though.

These who are racist, just as stupid as they are.

There should be a law out there. I do not like how people treat others. I treat them the way I like to be treated. but I too have to deal with handful of idiots that mistreat me.
And it was most likely Milo's fanboys who wanted revenge for him being banned from Twitter. Calling them Klan members is far too polite, I say.
I have just heard about the hack and I am extremely mad and ashamed of this fandom right now. Because I doubt that someone that couldn't care less about Ghosbusters would waste his or her time bullying a reboot actress like Leslie just because she's black or a woman. Who ever's doing this s**t is seriously sick, a shame to what I believe Ghostbusters represents, a sad spectacle of a human being and has made every original ghostbusters fan look bad.
JurorNo.2, Scylla, MightyAni liked this
portugueseGB wrote:I have just heard about the hack and I am extremely mad and ashamed of this fandom right now. Because I doubt that someone that couldn't care less about Ghosbusters would waste his or her time bullying a reboot actress like Leslie just because she's black or a woman. Who ever's doing this s**t is seriously sick, a shame to what I believe Ghostbusters represents, a sad spectacle of a human being and has made every original ghostbusters fan look bad.
I literally feel ill at this moment. What a nightmare. I hope she'll be OK. And fans said this movie was disrespectful? Good God...
portugueseGB liked this
portugueseGB wrote:I have just heard about the hack and I am extremely mad and ashamed of this fandom right now. Because I doubt that someone that couldn't care less about Ghosbusters would waste his or her time bullying a reboot actress like Leslie just because she's black or a woman. Who ever's doing this s**t is seriously sick, a shame to what I believe Ghostbusters represents, a sad spectacle of a human being and has made every original ghostbusters fan look bad.
It has nothing remotely to do with the GB fandom. She feuded with Milo Yiannopoulos who sicked his army of troll followers onto her. End of. Blaming GB fans for every bit of misogyny or racism to come out of the ever growing black cloud of negativity that is Ghostbusters 2016 is what turned many GB fans against the film to begin with.
RichardLess liked this
What makes some of you think it was hardcore Ghostbusters fans that hacked her website? From what I read it was in response to Twitter blocking accounts (some kind of "violation of free speech" or some shit was the hackers' reasoning). Not only was her personal information leaked, but discussions she's had with her followers to engage in more verbal attacks to the people that were attacking her on twitter. She couldn't just block the people and leave it alone, she sent her followers after them too. I've said this before over this twitter b.s.: you don't engage in twitter wars with trolls if your a public figure, your feeding them energy/attention and how you handle yourself to the public will be scrutinized. Paul Feig STILL does this.
Guys...just because someone likes a movie you like doesn't make them a good person.

I'm sure whoever did this was a little of both, a Milo fanboy(possibly even girl) who thinks his/her childhood was ruined by a movie and black people "took yer job."

And anyone making excuses for this, or having the nerve to continue ranting about a movie, is disgusting.
zeta otaku, EJLambert, Sav C and 1 others liked this
I must be getting old. I remember the days where geeks could get on the internet and find a forum to talk and bitch about things. It was fun to be snarky to other people. Make a big Internet deal about crap that didn't really matter in life, but just fun to embrace that. We didn't agree and we weren't always nice to one another but it was still at the end of the day the equivalent of setting in a friend's basement throwing insults and snark at your friends while you shared in a common interest.

But now. Everything has been ruined by the Trolls and their never ending quest to fellate one another on the LOLZ. And be damned anyone who gives them the time or day or acknowledges them -- because that is what they FEED on.

I wish we could go back to that basement. But the f****g trolls have seen to that.
This new Leslie Jones stuff is just awful. Do we really know for sure its ghostbusters related? I hope not. Celebs get hacked all the time it seems. I'd be terrified if I was famous of getting hacked. This poor woman has been put through hell this summer, just because she played a character in a movie. What's wrong with people? Maybe there's something we can do, as members of this board, to reach out and let her know we stand with her & these jerks doing this are not representative of our fandom. I'm not sure what we could do. Send a letter with our names co signed? Something more meaningful? I don't know. I didn't even like the reboot but come on! This person is a fellow human being. No one deserves this! Right or wrong our fandom is taking the blame for this, no doubt. I just wish there was something we could do to let her know we stand with her and are 100% against crap like this.
Webster, portugueseGB, Commander_Jim and 1 others liked this
The alt-right did this.

The alt-right have hijacked the GB fanbase. These people are entirely political and don't give a damn about the franchise.

Any GB fan should be angry at these people. They are not a welcome part of the fanbase.

When speaking of the matter it is not necessary to qualify it with "I hate the movie but" or "I think Leslie Jones is blah blah but". GB Reddit can burn in hell.
RichardLess wrote:This new Leslie Jones stuff is just awful. Do we really know for sure its ghostbusters related? I hope not. Celebs get hacked all the time it seems. I'd be terrified if I was famous of getting hacked. This poor woman has been put through hell this summer, just because she played a character in a movie. What's wrong with people? Maybe there's something we can do, as members of this board, to reach out and let her know we stand with her & these jerks doing this are not representative of our fandom. I'm not sure what we could do. Send a letter with our names co signed? Something more meaningful? I don't know. I didn't even like the reboot but come on! This person is a fellow human being. No one deserves this! Right or wrong our fandom is taking the blame for this, no doubt. I just wish there was something we could do to let her know we stand with her and are 100% against crap like this.
The internet can be used for good as well ^_^. If you really are interested in putting something together, I will happily stand with you :love:
Looking at her Twitter feed, it's shocking how brazen those trolls are, posting all kinds of crap like they own the place. I'm definitely going to be sure to like her posts and try to leave something positive.
While this hack was vile and disgusting why would anyone put nude photos of themselves on their computer or phone in this digital world? Especially being a celebrity? With uploading programs such as Skype and facebook there's just so much potential to mistakenly put out something you don't want the world to see. Leslie has my support through this but a little common sense to protect yourself would have prevented the photo leaks.

I would hope that fellow GB Fans aren't responsible and the party's involved face the proper legal recourse over this.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
timeware wrote:the party's involved face the proper legal recourse over this.
They may never be found. Good old Internet anonymity.
They will be caught. The FBI is looking into this. Unless a government agency was involved it's almost impossible not leave a digital finger print somewhere.
RichardLess wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
They may never be found. Good old Internet anonymity.
They will be caught. The FBI is looking into this. Unless a government agency was involved it's almost impossible not leave a digital finger print somewhere.
I certainly hope so. And I hope this person(s) grows up one day and feels an inkling of remorse. Having to live with knowing you hurt another person that badly...I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
RichardLess liked this
MagicPrime wrote:I must be getting old. I remember the days where geeks could get on the internet and find a forum to talk and bitch about things. It was fun to be snarky to other people. Make a big Internet deal about crap that didn't really matter in life, but just fun to embrace that. We didn't agree and we weren't always nice to one another but it was still at the end of the day the equivalent of setting in a friend's basement throwing insults and snark at your friends while you shared in a common interest.

But now. Everything has been ruined by the Trolls and their never ending quest to fellate one another on the LOLZ. And be damned anyone who gives them the time or day or acknowledges them -- because that is what they FEED on.

I wish we could go back to that basement. But the f****g trolls have seen to that.
I remember the days before nerds even had an internet to talk and bitch about things. We still had that basement though, where heated debates and good-natured trash talking filled the air above a table covered in graph paper, dice, pizza boxes, and Mountain Dew cans. The closest analog we had to today's online troll was the occasional visitor who took things too far, or who just didn't comprehend our sarcasm. Most of the time, this sort of interloper would take their verbal lumps and opt to never come back. On rare occasions, a bit of well-deserved ass kicking... er, physical persuasion... would take place. This common sense approach to handling jerks has been nullified today, both by internet anonymity, and rampant political correctness.

If I could take my wife and kids with me, I'd go back to the '80s in a heartbeat.
savintheday liked this
timeware wrote:While this hack was vile and disgusting why would anyone put nude photos of themselves on their computer or phone in this digital world? Especially being a celebrity? With uploading programs such as Skype and facebook there's just so much potential to mistakenly put out something you don't want the world to see. Leslie has my support through this but a little common sense to protect yourself would have prevented the photo leaks.
Did you say "common sense?!" TRIGGERED.

VICTIM SHAMER!

*sarcasm...not being serious, bro.
Tony Bondioli wrote:
MagicPrime wrote:I must be getting old. I remember the days where geeks could get on the internet and find a forum to talk and bitch about things. It was fun to be snarky to other people. Make a big Internet deal about crap that didn't really matter in life, but just fun to embrace that. We didn't agree and we weren't always nice to one another but it was still at the end of the day the equivalent of setting in a friend's basement throwing insults and snark at your friends while you shared in a common interest.

I remember the days before nerds even had an internet to talk and bitch about things. We still had that basement though, where heated debates and good-natured trash talking filled the air above a table covered in graph paper, dice, pizza boxes, and Mountain Dew cans. The closest analog we had to today's online troll was the occasional visitor who took things too far, or who just didn't comprehend our sarcasm. Most of the time, this sort of interloper would take their verbal lumps and opt to never come back. On rare occasions, a bit of well-deserved ass kicking... er, physical persuasion... would take place. This common sense approach to handling jerks has been nullified today, both by internet anonymity, and rampant political correctness.

If I could take my wife and kids with me, I'd go back to the '80s in a heartbeat.
Allow me to share the secrets of time travel with everyone:
JurorNo.2, SpaceBallz liked this
It's a good thing hackers don't waste their energy on hacking my social media accounts, my nudes have been leaked for years.
featofstrength liked this
Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]