Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
JurorNo.2 wrote: Who did it?
The "Matthew McConaughey: Alt-right alt-right alt-right" group.
timeware wrote:
Did you say "common sense?!" TRIGGERED.

VICTIM SHAMER!

*sarcasm...not being serious, bro.
I need a safe space! (we need an smilie for sarcasm.)
It's not this one? It could be! :cool:
timeware wrote:While this hack was vile and disgusting why would anyone put nude photos of themselves on their computer or phone in this digital world? Especially being a celebrity? With uploading programs such as Skype and facebook there's just so much potential to mistakenly put out something you don't want the world to see. Leslie has my support through this but a little common sense to protect yourself would have prevented the photo leaks.

I would hope that fellow GB Fans aren't responsible and the party's involved face the proper legal recourse over this.
Yeah I mean who in their right mind would think anyone would want to see Leslie Jones nude? :mrgreen:

Seriously, the nude pics leak is Jones own issue. She's to blame, hasn't she learned from the 400 or so nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence leaked? Who would hang around with Kayne West and Kim Cardassian anyway? However, leaking her passport and ID is totally out of order and I hope the person who did this is caught.
pferreira1983 wrote: Seriously, the nude pics leak is Jones own issue. She's to blame, hasn't she learned from the 400 or so nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence leaked? Who would hang around with Kayne West and Kim Cardassian anyway? However, leaking her passport and ID is totally out of order and I hope the person who did this is caught.
When I stumbled upon the pics, I thought Supergirl was just fighting a one-eyed alien like Despero or something...but then I was like "the monster ripped her costume off?!" "What is he...oh...oh, my!"

Poor, poor Melissa Benoist.
ImageGirrrrrrl power!
featofstrength wrote:
When I stumbled upon the pics, I thought Supergirl was just fighting a one-eyed alien like Despero or something...but then I was like "the monster ripped her costume off?!" "What is he...oh...oh, my!"

Poor, poor Melissa Benoist.
ImageGirrrrrrl power!
Which pics did you stumble on? :lol:
When Glen Beck thinks you've gone too far, yeah it's time to rethink your life:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/glenn- ... e-a-bully/
Via Mediaite, Beck piled on Yiannopoulos this week in a Facebook post where he called out Milo for acting like a “hurt 13-year-old boy” after he whined about getting his Twitter account banned in the wake of his harassment campaign against comedian Leslie Jones.

“I don’t know what pain you had to go through to make you so cold and distant from any feelings of compassion and basic kindness but causing hurt makes you into the monster you are running from,” Beck wrote of Yiannopoulos’s defense of his harassment campaigns against others. “You can hide behind anything that helps you sleep… but at some point you will come to the realization that you have become that bully that hurt you so deeply in the past.”
zeta otaku liked this
gdonovan wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:When Glen Beck thinks you've gone too far, yeah it's time to rethink your life:
Glen Beck is a lunatic who is off his meds while his media "empire" swirls the drain towards bankruptcy.
....Granted, lol. But nothing he said to Milo was insane. Made a lot of sense. Perhaps he saw a bit of himself in Milo and didn't like what he saw.
Sav C liked this
I can't agree with any kind of moral equivalency argument. She was attacked for months over a movie....a MOVIE. And now fans want to punish her further for not being quiet about it. This is what I'm talking about with fandoms. They attack and then cry victim when called on it. They are the bullies who cry to the teacher when their targets dare to fight back.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku, Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:I can't agree with any kind of moral equivalency argument. She was attacked for months over a movie....a MOVIE. And now fans want to punish her further for not being quiet about it. This is what I'm talking about with fandoms. They attack and then cry victim when called on it. They are the bullies who cry to the teacher when their targets dare to fight back.
Attacked? She was trolled on a twitter account for months. Oh the horror! Is this unusual for celebrities? No? Wait, was this one of those cases where there were consequences like her losing her job or something? No? Is Leslie Jones back on twitter? Yes?

Here's the poor victim, Leslie Jones, on the Seth Meyers show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmicgfx5VrA

Leslie Jones proudly admits to insulting in kind right back, and urging followers to attack people. The same behavior Milo was banned for.

There's not just "moral equivalence" here. In this situation, Milo and Leslie are the same, just different sides of an argument.

They do indeed deserve each other.

Oh, and how did "feeding the trolls" work out for Leslie Jones, anyways? She did get lots of favorable publicity... as a "victim". And some pretty embarrassing pictures leaked. And plenty of controversy for herself and the movie. Definitely not a positive result overall.
Milo lost his Twitter account. Oh the horror! Maybe I'd care more if he didn't literally call trolling "God's work." And to see Ghostbusters fans (not meaning you specifically) defending him as some kind of hero is sickening. Her private information was hacked...OVER A MOVIE! Wake up, people! The fanbase tarnished its own image. No one did that for them. If they want to fix that, they don't have to love GB16, but first God's sake, save the pitch forking for something that matters in life!
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on September 11th, 2016, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Milo lost his Twitter account. Oh the horror! Maybe I'd care more if he didn't literally call trolling "God's work." And to see Ghostbusters fans (not meaning you specifically) defending him as some kind of hero is sickening. Her private information was hacked...OVER A MOVIE! Wake up, people! The fanbase tarnished its own image. No one did that for them.
Glad we agree on "the horror" of twitter drama, lol.

Please show me where I defended Milo.

Leslie trolled some geeks. She had embarrassing pictures on a device they could get to. What they did was wrong, but what did she think was going to happen? You reap what you sow, IMO. Hence my comments not condoning EITHER behavior, but rather that they deserve each other.

Please show me how the Leslie/Milo controversy made the ghostbusters fanbase "tarnished its own image".

I say Leslie Jones, Feig, Sony, and company were toxic. Especially how they marketed this movie. And that's why there's drama involving the GB fanbase that didn't exist before.
You are making excuses for a person's private information being hacked....because you didn't like how a studio marketed a movie???????????

It's a MOVIE! It's fictional characters! I'm talking about a REAL person!

I'm sure you see this all very differently, and that's fine, we all have our povs. But I can't see ourselves agreeing on this one.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]