Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Lucifan
Webster wrote:I've now seen it 3 times and each time I'm worried I'm not going to enjoy it. As if all the magic will be ruined and I'll just be bored... but nope still love it. Now if only I could stop eating these delicious salty parabolas! I've just consumed half a tin instead of making dinner.....
I devoured a whole can the other night, with crystal Pepsi in hand no less!. ..and I think I've gotten three or four times under my belt atc this point. I have some things with ATC I wish had been different, but overall, I can enjoy it and find that I cannot stop laughing at Holtzy's antics.
Webster, MonaLS liked this
By EJLambert
I just pre-ordered the Target exclusive Blu Ray so it's safe to say I'll be seeing it a few times more as both my kid and wife won't stop talking about it. Funny though, because Target stores in my area had all but ignored anything GB related yet here they are with an exclusive extra disk.

Edit: Also it seems that my blockbuster fatigue can only be applied to superhero movies. I just saw Kubo and the Two Strings today and it was FANTASTIC.
Webster, Lucifan, Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
In addition to the whole "this forum doesn't condone pirate the reboot" thing, you might want to dial back (read: completely stop) boasting about what you did, pferreira, because it's not really something to be proud of, and the additional attempt to justify pirating the film is just kinda awkward and uncomfortable to read.
zeta otaku, Alphagaia, Webster and 2 others liked this
By MonaLS
TorkTorkelson wrote:I have NEVER gone to a movie more than once in the theater (except for GB84 when I was 3, I think my dad took me 4 times). But I think I'm going to have to see this one two more times so I can 1) catch it in 3D and then 2) look for gags I may have missed the first two times around. Also I need to take my wife to one of those viewings as she has shown interest.

I want this movie to be successful so we can see what else Ghost Corps can do. Maybe they'll be able to do stuff that'll patch up the divided audience and make everyone happy. A couple more movie tickets is a drop in the bucket but I'm glad to enjoy the movie again.
There is SO much more to see in it. I saw it again last night and it was fantastic, better the second time. One thing I noticed the second time around is that Patty's hair keeps changing throughout the film. Cracked me up.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Ivo Shandor
MonaLS wrote: There is SO much more to see in it. I saw it again last night and it was fantastic, better the second time. One thing I noticed the second time around is that Patty's hair keeps changing throughout the film. Cracked me up.
I have now seen every GB movie exactly 5 times on the big screen. I find 3 or 4 times is enough to give me a good handle on how I feel about the movie. The last 1-2 times is just to sit back, relax, not feel like I have to have hawk eyes on the screen every second so I don't miss anything. The final few times is just to enjoy the thing as a whole, because I know what scenes/jokes are coming next, and I can mentally loosen up and just experience them.

For example., in ATC the big fight with the ghosts in Times Square is one of the highlights of the film, but the last 2 times I watched the movie I enjoyed that scene even more, whereas the first few times I was trying to spot every ghost, read every billboard, etc...and it wasn't as fun as the later times when I just sat back and enjoyed the scene.
MonaLS, zeta otaku, Razorgeist and 2 others liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:In addition to the whole "this forum doesn't condone pirate the reboot" thing, you might want to dial back (read: completely stop) boasting about what you did, pferreira, because it's not really something to be proud of, and the additional attempt to justify pirating the film is just kinda awkward and uncomfortable to read.
I see you've deleted my previous posts defending my actions. I sent an e-mail yesterday but no one has answered. Yesterday I tried to log in here and was told I was banned until erm...yesterday (yet I couldn't use the site). The reason I was banned was due to bickering and promoting illegal activity (i.e. piracy). I have to say I'm kind of disappointed and was frustrated with whichever moderator decided to put the ban.

In terms of bickering I have argued no more or less than anyone else here. For instance Juror criticises every part of my film review and that's called a discussion. That's fine and I except him saying that but not sure what constitutes as me bickering compared to that. In the same way I originally thought Juror was bickering I came to realise from his angle it was simply discussion. That's ok, I'm cool with that. In terms of the whole pirating thing you sort of misunderstand me. I don't condone piracy of seeing new films online. This is like one of the few times I've done it. The fact is I had no time or money to see it in the cinema and knew it wasn't going to be great so gave into suggestions by people I know to see it online like other people have already. Millions of people see new pirated films online, millions have seen the new GB movie online, not sure why I'm being singled out for the one time I've done it.

I do listen to the moderators because I don't wish to be banned. A couple of months ago I was issued a warning not to triple or quadruple post. This is because while I know how to do basic stuff on here like respond to posts slightly more complex stuff like insert gifs and adding more than one quote to a post is something that I've only just learned and I did make an effort to learn so not to annoy the moderators. Having said that when I get people like Alpha trying to get me banned while on holiday it's very difficult to not think the moderators aren't taking one opinion over another.

My viewpoint: I come back from three weeks holiday to find Alpha tried to get me banned while I was away due to me seeing a pirated film. A moderator here states that I never provided a link to the pirated film therefore I cannot be banned because I didn't breach anything. Then a week later someone on here remarks that Alpha seems to have authority to do what he likes for those who don't agree with him. Then yesterday I find myself banned. Now unless the moderator before was wrong there was no reason to ban me as I never promoted piracy in providing any links. It just seems you guys caved into one person's need to ban me (because I don't like a movie he likes), that's what I take issue with. But as I mentioned before I don't promote piracy and wish I didn't have to watch a pirated movie online. I had to see the film some way and was forced to take an alternative which is legally dodgy. People away from this site kept saying I should see it online and if I decided not to see the film you guys on here would bring the whole point that "oh but what would you know, you never saw the film". I am glad I saw the film online but feel regret I had to. If it makes you feel any better I do plan to rent out the upcoming blu-ray. :wink:

So I feel disappointed and kind of annoyed. You may end up deleting this post but I feel let down. I hope this has clarified any criticisms and if anyone wants to reach me they can. I'm thankful that the ban was only temporary as I really like posting here.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Alphagaia
To relieve your annoyance a tad, after my suggestion that promoting piracy should be a bannable offence (or present at least a hefty warning and removal of the content) Ron suggested I could take this up in the Site Feedback. I decided I would wait to do so and see how the board would develop first and I have taken no further action upon promoting this new rule so far.
Also, my post was to create a new rule, not to get someone banned before the new rule was in place. That would be unfair.
If I wanted that, I would have taken more deliberate action right away.
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:I see you've deleted my previous posts defending my actions.
I didn't delete the most recent posts that were removed (they were removed by the same member of the moderation staff who also implemented your suspension), however I should've deleted them.
pferreira1983 wrote:I have to say I'm kind of disappointed and was frustrated with whichever moderator decided to put the ban.
Be that as it may, GBFans does reserve the right to suspend, or permanently ban members of the forum who we believe have breached the forum rules.

This is not an invitation to re-ignite the discussion over the finer points of justifying film piracy, so please do not post any further about it.
Sav C, MonaLS liked this
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:To relieve your annoyance a tad, after my suggestion that promoting piracy should be a bannable offence (or present at least a hefty warning and removal of the content) Ron suggested I could take this up in the Site Feedback. I decided I would wait to do so and see how the board would develop first and I have taken no further action upon promoting this new rule so far.
Also, my post was to create a new rule, not to get someone banned before the new rule was in place. That would be unfair.
If I wanted that, I would have taken more deliberate action right away.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. :)
By pferreira1983
Ron Daniels wrote:The problem arises when someone encourages, by implication or expressly, others to pirate material online.
I wouldn't ever encourage anyone to pirate movies so we'll leave it at that. :wink:

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]