Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Ivo Shandor
This arrived from Amazon a few days ago and it's a hoot! I am halfway through. Not only does it add backstory on the pasts of the two Ghostbusters (and humor in the style of ATC), but it also contains a lot of real history on the scientific study of the paranormal. The book is much better than what I expected and I'm really enjoying reading it.

Highly recommended by me. Even if you didn't like the movie you will probably like this book.
Alphagaia, Tony Bondioli, JurorNo.2 and 1 others liked this
By Fritz
Yeah, I've found it a fun read. They even threw in a few little Easter eggs to the classic franchise; like this bit from the article on Harry Price on page 80:
This Post Contains Spoilers
And of course I simply adore that the Kemp ghost classifications system is pretty much straight out of the GBI role playing game, a system that is still very popular in fan circles
JurorNo.2, Tony Bondioli, Sav C and 3 others liked this
By Webster
The book is highly enjoyable although the writing style in places reads more like a teenager's blog than an article of study by two incredibly intellectual women. Still, it's fun, silly, and a nice tie in to the movie.

Tbh the science nerd in my was expecting something a little more in depth, which is why the 'voice' and generally layout of the book probably threw me at first. They probably didn't need the Ghostbusters logo on every chapter as it lost some of the magic of being an in-universe item. Instead it kinda felt like I was being constantly reminded that it was merely a piece of merchandise.
By Kingpin
It probably couldn't have been too technical as one, it might require more work to sound semi-realistic, and two, it'd have to be mass marketable.
By Webster
Kingpin wrote:It probably couldn't have been too technical as one, it might require more work to sound semi-realistic, and two, it'd have to be mass marketable.
You are absolutely correct. I got so excited about the premise of the book that at the time I forgot about its intended purpose :P
By Fritz
Alphagaia wrote:Great find! Will we finally get closure if Bill Murray's character is dead or not...?
It does come up in the interview.

As I told ozzy on the Ectozone, very informative. It might not surprise anyone that I was one of the people who caught the fact that the timelines as written didn't quite add up right. :lol:

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]