Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Doctor Venkman
FYI, I had some luck at my Game Stop yesterday. While they didn't have it in stock, the girl called some other stores that had it and is having two shipped to my local store from those stores so that I can buy them. She was an amazing employee, so I don't know if everyone would be willing to do this, but just in case anyone is looking.
By Doctor Venkman
Sallah wrote:You can use the listing of Marshmallow Peter on their site to check to see if he is available at your local store:

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... ive/129958

this is how I got my 2. :) I even put in a hold for them through my phone on their site.

Sallah
Yea, mine didn't have any, but like I said, if your store doesn't have them, check with them to see if they can get them for you from another store that has them in stock. They called stores that were over 100 miles away to get them for me.
By Havoc0213
I think Peck is the stronger likeness for series 4. If I didn't have the NECA Gozer I would probably be more excited for the DST version. Slimed Peter........ meh. For a character that has already been slimed, the shocked/screaming face is out of place. He should have a more uneasy or upset look on his face. If it weren't for the diorama parts, this Venkman would be an easy pass.
SCFoximus liked this
By prowl66
Ya, the pre-order sold out pretty quick from BBTS for Gozer...had to go with another place I'm not big on. High initial shipping but gets better combined and with discount codes. After I pre-ordered the price jumped up (not uncommon for this place to change prices on Pre-orders during the time period). I actually had the price change on Ecto 1 elite back in the day...After it came in stock to ship and they sent me an email. Sucked. Trying them again after a couple of years now and well see. I Won't say who yet.
By SCFoximus
Havoc0213 wrote:For a character that has already been slimed, the shocked/screaming face is out of place. He should have a more uneasy or upset look on his face.
This pretty much sums my opinion as well; I totally see what they're going for, but it really doesn't make much sense / isn't how the shot it's imitating plays out.

The likeness is pretty good here but clearly, in the movie Venkman isn't slimed yet. Another thing bugging me (maybe a minor grievance) are the lack of teeth in the figure. Just makes it look off in some way like he's missing his dentures or is a baby being fed and waiting for the airplane to land in the hangar.
Havoc0213 wrote:If it weren't for the diorama parts, this Venkman would be an easy pass.
I agree about the diorama piece being the prime reason I'm still getting this figure; I already have standard and Marshmallow Mess (though it's a bonus variant), so another similar figure isn't too exciting.

Honestly, I'll probably display this with the Slimer figure (makes the most sense), but if not It might be neat to display it next to a Kenner Screaming Heroes Venkman figure just as another example of how far GB figures have come.
ccv66 liked this
By LandoSystem
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Those huge beefy arms on Slimer really hurt the figure and make him unfit for any kind of display. If it weren't for the diorama pieces, I doubt anyone would buy or even want this figure.
And does he come with 2 nearly identical heads? Such a bizarre figure.
LandoSystem wrote:
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Those huge beefy arms on Slimer really hurt the figure and make him unfit for any kind of display. If it weren't for the diorama pieces, I doubt anyone would buy or even want this figure.
And does he come with 2 nearly identical heads? Such a bizarre figure.
It seems that one of the two non-hotdog Slimer heads is based on his look from GB2, but the base body is so terrible that it doesn't really matter. At least his hands are sculpted to hold his nonexistent accessories; a bottle of wine and some food pieces would have been a better use of the plastic, instead of three nearly identical face plates.

Every time I see those beefy arms, I can't help but think of Trogdor the Burninator... :)
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Hrrrmmmm. I was not expecting that for the slimed Peter. Not too keen on the expression, not one bit. I was hoping more for something like when he meets Peck in his office for the first time. That slime covered 'after a long shift' look. The Slimer I have not liked from the get go, I always thought that was going to be the only throw away fig. in the line. So many companies have such a hard time getting Slimer right. I love the line, don't get me wrong, I'm just not liking these two figs.

I'll be getting the two figures for diorama parts, but the figures will probably get relegated to a bin somewhere.
By ShiftyHenry
I really think people are making too big a deal over the arms. Mark Wilson's arms were in the suit and look a little thicker...so this is pretty close to screen accurate...I bet they look just fine when posed as the sculpt intended.
By ShiftyHenry
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
ShiftyHenry wrote:I really think people are making too big a deal over the arms. Mark Wilson's arms were in the suit and look a little thicker...so this is pretty close to screen accurate...I bet they look just fine when posed as the sculpt intended.
Really?

Take a look at behind the scenes photos of Mark in the suit. Thats what they are going for I think. The photos in your screen cap seem really thin.
By Sinje
A bit thicker but still should be tiny in proportion to his body. I'm gonna waffle on Slimer till I see him in hand. Almost debating getting into shrink casting just to have arms that are about 50% smaller. Also looking at these pics, maybe the body would need to be thicker too.

By LandoSystem
I'm also really surprised they included a GBII head, since it seems like they're saving characters for a GBII line, and that there are no accessories.
I laughed at the Matty Louis for having an "action pizza" accessory but Slimer really should have something.
Does he have a Terror Dog statue set piece or something?
By mguozzo
To me it looks like the arms start at the elbow in the bts pics but they start at the shoulders on the figure. Also they are mounted slightly too high on the body as well.
By GhostJay
I'll wait till I see Slimer in person. I think he should have come with wine, and a bunch of plates of food so he could be stuffing his face.

Not wild about Slimed Peter either, I think a casual/ Library Peter would have been a better choice.
By ShiftyHenry
GhostJay wrote:I'll wait till I see Slimer in person. I think he should have come with wine, and a bunch of plates of food so he could be stuffing his face.

Not wild about Slimed Peter either, I think a casual/ Library Peter would have been a better choice.
I'm thinking lab coat commercial versions would've been better variants. And easy! The Edward Nigma body looks pretty dang perfect. I think I'm going to miss those of DST doesn't update the Mattel ones.
By Havoc0213
ShiftyHenry wrote:I really think people are making too big a deal over the arms. Mark Wilson's arms were in the suit and look a little thicker...so this is pretty close to screen accurate...I bet they look just fine when posed as the sculpt intended.
Um.... no. I'm looking for screen accuracy to what is seen in the movie, not by how the suit and actor looked during filming.
By ccv66
I original thought if you had the neca stuff you should dump/ebay it before dst came out, but seeing them both, the neca slimer looks way better and it glows in the dark. Im still happy with my other diamond select stuff especially for rhe price

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]