By pinder91
Aaaaaannnd now I'm coming up with 17mm using only that pic. :shock:

I guess I'll be buying both sizes! LOL

I had 2 other pics that I was using, but they were both Abby's uniform that gave the best straight on shot. I'd say it's possible they used multiple sizes between everyone's uniforms, but I'd say that's highly unlikely.
By Webster
pinder91 wrote:Aaaaaannnd now I'm coming up with 17mm using only that pic. :shock:

I guess I'll be buying both sizes! LOL

I had 2 other pics that I was using, but they were both Abby's uniform that gave the best straight on shot. I'd say it's possible they used multiple sizes between everyone's uniforms, but I'd say that's highly unlikely.
LOL never hurts to have multiples, you you will have to share where you find the 20mm ones as I am stumped as to where to buy them.
You're right, it's not likely they used different sizes as there really isn't any call for it. The problem with guessing button sizes from the stripe is that unless the stripe is pretty much flat, it's going to be very very difficult to size it correctly. I would say that it's definitely no bigger than 20mm and I wouldn't go any smaller than 17mm.
By MightyAni
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Girlfriends.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

For getting a convincing Reboot outfit together before Halloween, this was my go-to for the jumpsuit. I wore it to a mini-Con in my town this weekend and several people complimented me on my cosplay.

Maybe in the future I will track down everything to do a custom, sewn-by-me jumpsuit, but this one from Stail Shop is beast.
By Webster
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

MightyAni wrote:Girlfriends.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

For getting a convincing Reboot outfit together before Halloween, this was my go-to for the jumpsuit. I wore it to a mini-Con in my town this weekend and several people complimented me on my cosplay.

Maybe in the future I will track down everything to do a custom, sewn-by-me jumpsuit, but this one from Stail Shop is beast.
Ani, That suit is awesome ^_^ I found it on my suit searches but it's the US amazon which doesn't ship to the UK :(
It would be amazing to see some photos of you in full get up!
By MonaLS
Webster wrote:
pinder91 wrote: I've been wrong before. LOL

I'm not afraid to admit I spent a whole minute clicking on that trying to get the video to play >_<
Me too. :)
By MonaLS
Webster wrote:Ani, That suit is awesome ^_^ I found it on my suit searches but it's the US amazon which doesn't ship to the UK :( It would be amazing to see some photos of you in full get up!
That's dumb of Amazon. I get stuff shipped from Amazon UK every so often without a problem.
By Webster
MonaLS wrote: That's dumb of Amazon. I get stuff shipped from Amazon UK every so often without a problem.
It's because Amazon is only a marketplace made up of lots of different sellers and not every seller will ship overseas. It's not just amazon either. I managed to find a bag I loved but in the US it was £30 and I kid you not $100 shipping to the uk!
By MightyAni
Ugh, sorry about the not-shipping-to-the-UK thing. I didn't even think about that.

Do any of you want to work something out that I can have it shipped to me, then I ship it to you?
By Webster
MightyAni wrote:Ugh, sorry about the not-shipping-to-the-UK thing. I didn't even think about that.

Do any of you want to work something out that I can have it shipped to me, then I ship it to you?
So much yes! There are a few odd things... like socks... which I can't get in the UK without extortionate fees! Plus if you can send them on as gifts they can circumvent customs ^_^ :love:
By brianamatopoeia
pinder91 wrote:
brianamatopoeia wrote:I think I've determined that the suits had a button closure, as opposed to a zip closure, which is what made me think they were vintage uniforms. I'm thinking these suits were a custom job, but I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about it.

;)

I'll have to do some digging, but another member here was able to speak with the costume designer (I think it was at SDCC) and confirmed the uniforms were in fact custom.
Genius! Thank you! This is a HUGE help!
By MightyAni
Webster wrote:So much yes! There are a few odd things... like socks... which I can't get in the UK without extortionate fees! Plus if you can send them on as gifts they can circumvent customs ^_^ :love:
Well, well, well. Just look at the kind of trouble Webster is trying to get me into. Let's do it.

Anybody else? If you are outside the US, and you reeeeaaaallly want to get one of those jumpsuits from Stail Shop I linked above, I'd be happy to serve as the middlewoman to send it on to you. Just pay shipping from my place to yours, of course.
MonaLS liked this
By Webster
MightyAni wrote:
Webster wrote:So much yes! There are a few odd things... like socks... which I can't get in the UK without extortionate fees! Plus if you can send them on as gifts they can circumvent customs ^_^ :love:
Well, well, well. Just look at the kind of trouble Webster is trying to get me into. Let's do it.

Anybody else? If you are outside the US, and you reeeeaaaallly want to get one of those jumpsuits from Stail Shop I linked above, I'd be happy to serve as the middlewoman to send it on to you. Just pay shipping from my place to yours, of course.
Ooooh we have fun!
I'll let you know when I have a better idea of what I need to order (Might as well do a few things together :P)
MonaLS, MightyAni liked this
By deejeerie
pinder91 wrote:How about this one?
Very cool!!

Just as a smidge of a design note. The U has a slight bend above the screw on the left side or (right hand side from view point) I am totally not saying I could do better than this, cause it is fantastic. Just something I noticed in the film.
By pinder91
Webster wrote:you you will have to share where you find the 20mm ones as I am stumped as to where to buy them.
I snagged them on ebay from the seller "dimebutton". I'm not sure if they ship internationally though.
brianamatopoeia wrote:Genius! Thank you! This is a HUGE help!
Anytime!
deejeerie wrote: Very cool!!

Just as a smidge of a design note. The U has a slight bend above the screw on the left side or (right hand side from view point) I am totally not saying I could do better than this, cause it is fantastic. Just something I noticed in the film.
Thanks! The more eyes on a project the better.

I'm not sure I noticed what you're describing in the film, but it sounds like it may have been bent on purpose to avoid snagging on clothing or on accident just from getting worn. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. LOL
By Webster
So the glove makers got back to me and it's going to be £125.00 for pair of replica gloves. They will take six weeks to make and ship but as it's a custom item I can understand why. Future pairs will be much cheaper as the bulk of the price is creating the pattern. I am also tempted to order the full finger version of the riparo gloves and try to ammend them myself. I haven't decided yet if this will be a good idea.
By Webster

So not quite Holtzy kit but I thought it was worth posting here anyway. I've bought this ribbon which I'm thinking I might make up into a lanyard for holding con passes (and my student id on campus :P)
I'm also considering doing a plain khaki one as well with antique brass fittings to match the buttons and zip on the suit. Ideally I would have liked hazard tape style ribbon but i can't for the life of me find any :(

EDIT: Managed to find the 20mm buttons as well so I'm a happy bunny. Got plenty of both so whichever one is wrong I'll use on the lanyards :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Vintage-NO-S ... Sw1KxXMTAP

EDIT 2: 17mm buttons arrived. They are indeed too small but not noticably so. I'll be using them on the lanyards anyway so no loss there ^_^
MonaLS, MightyAni liked this
By deejeerie
So I am peaking at images to show you what I mean and can't find any. All the images are with it straight. I totally remember noting at one part of the movie, it is bent. I also remember that Sigourney's pin had the bend in it too. I think that maybe they might have put the bent one on Holtzmann by accident for just one little part.

Sorry. :-(
pinder91 wrote:
Webster wrote:you you will have to share where you find the 20mm ones as I am stumped as to where to buy them.
I snagged them on ebay from the seller "dimebutton". I'm not sure if they ship internationally though.
brianamatopoeia wrote:Genius! Thank you! This is a HUGE help!
Anytime!
deejeerie wrote: Very cool!!

Thanks! The more eyes on a project the better.

I'm not sure I noticed what you're describing in the film, but it sounds like it may have been bent on purpose to avoid snagging on clothing or on accident just from getting worn. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. LOL
By MonaLS
Webster wrote:
MightyAni wrote:

I am getting one but custom sized. Will let you know how it turns out. :)
MightyAni liked this
By Webster
The first of my fabric samples arrived today. This one is a wool tweed, super soft and very lightweight but not correct sadly. The colour is a lot more tan/khaki than it looked on the store photo and it's generally not the right fabric for heavy duty overalls (which is a shame because it really is lovely). It's also super expensive at £25 per metre! At the time I ordered the sample I hadn't found anything else so the price point was secondary, but I've since found a different fabric which I am waiting for samples of.

ImageImage
MonaLS liked this
By MightyAni
Ooohh, that is nice.

You know what I want? Frickin' Ghostbusters fabric. With the logo all over it. Can't swing a stick in Jo-Ann's without hitting Star Wars fabric, so what's the deal?

Webster, Bakermouse liked this
By Webster
deejeerie wrote:This fabric is WONDERFUL! :-)
It really is. I'm just hoping I don't have to dye it! I wasn't kidding when I said I've spent days (now weeks) just looking at fabric weave lol.
MonaLS liked this
By deejeerie
Pebble grey is my favorite. The beige shows a little too much as a two tone.

They look nice. :-)

Webster wrote:Fabric arrived. The two closest colours are Pebble Grey and Beige.

Webster liked this
By RedRoss9
I've got a sinking feeling in my stomach that I'm going to end up having to sew my own jumpsuit. And I can't sew. But I'm 5'10" tall and weigh...well...more than enough. And none of those jumpsuits from Amazon are going to fit me. I suppose I could go custom sized though. Has anyone looked into that and actually done it?
VoteMissy liked this
By Webster
RedRoss9 wrote:I've got a sinking feeling in my stomach that I'm going to end up having to sew my own jumpsuit. And I can't sew. But I'm 5'10" tall and weigh...well...more than enough. And none of those jumpsuits from Amazon are going to fit me. I suppose I could go custom sized though. Has anyone looked into that and actually done it?
That is exactly what I'm doing now and I intend on doing a limited run of commissioned screen accurate suits in the very near future.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]