By Jordin
Well It's come time to build a new pack. My last one I hadn't been happy with for awhile and a minor financial emergency necessitated it's sale. I've been collecting parts for awhile now and I think I'm pretty much all set to get started on this one, but before I do how about a quick look at my illustrious past?

This is my first pack built around 2007

This guy was built in 2012 a marked improvement I'd say, I went with GB2 and all resin parts to keep the costs down, plus that was the style at the time.

But it's 2016 and it's time to do things right!
This is what I've collected so far I have other bits and bobs off to the side in this shot.
Quick Rundown:
Shell: V330 Creations
Aluminum Thrower and assorted parts: Freeky Geeky
Resin: Nickatron
All the other doodads were either sourced from GBfans, The sellers here or found locally.
A better shot of the shell

Now this is my first Fiberglass shell, my last pack was a homemade resin plastic shell so I have a few questions this go round. Ive noticed this strange discoloration. It's most noticeable around the power cell and crank gen.
The flash makes it look worse then it is. Is this something to worry about? I've already given my shell a wash in the tub and gave it a light scrub but it didn't seem to do anything.
prestige_128, Kingpin liked this
Alright I got quite a bit done today, I decided to start with the beam line cause why not?

Thankfully these ones were already tapped for me by RJ so I didn't have to mess around with taps yet.

Just quickly make up a template with one of the many recipe cards I have around the house for some reason

And Ta dah! (Sorry about my flash)

Now I was supposed to take a bunch more pictures but I ended up getting into a grove and repeated the process on the rest of my pre-tapped parts that I had on hand.

Here is the back side

Not bad for a nights work I think, now on to the questions I've got:

Whats the best way of going about making a template for the Ion arm?

The screws I have for the cable clamp aren't quite long enough The holes are threaded and I can get the nuts on about this far will this be okay?

Lastly the N filter is cast in to these shells if I sand out this loose stuff will it affect the strength?

Kingpin liked this
By Naptime
Subscribed and bookmarked! I'll be watching with great interest as I'll be following very soon with my own build. I'm just waiting for RJ's stuff to come in so I can get started!!! In the meantime, I will watch and learn. Looks fantastic so far!
Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post, so forgive me if it sounds stupid. First off great job. The build is coming along great and I will be following it closely as I'm in the final planning stages of building my first pack. I just wanted to know 1: Where do you find a V330 Creations pack? 2: How do I find out more about Freeky Geeky and where to purchase accessories? Thanks again.
By Jordin
canpara wrote:Jordin, what is that reference guide/book that you have open in your photos?
I printed out a copy of Stefans plans, also has some other reference photos in it I like.
By Braz
PssdffJay wrote:Prestige_128, I'm sending you a PM so not to derail Jordin's thread. No worries.
Could you send me the same information, as well? Thanks!
I've been trying to find info on V330 Creations, but it seems it's no longer active.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]