robandliv wrote:I am ready for you to start selling this little extra parts!!!!! Such a great idea.
Soon, I just sent a kit to a friend to use for his pack. I want to see how well these parts work. I want to redo a few molds. So far, I'm really happy with how it's shaping up and the ability to do two packs at once has allowed me to do some real world testing.

Keep in touch, I'll start a list in October. :)
Ion Arm time. I wanted a solution that is not a solid block cast of resin. One of the things I like about an SC pack is that they are light. Adding a bunch of solid parts takes some of that away. So most of the parts I have created are hollow in some way. I went around and around in my head of how I wanted this done. If I wanted to mold in the resistors, and how to bolt it. Here is what I came up with -

Basic shape, not finished.

With the front on. You will be able to mount two bolts and then glue on the face and be done. Add your hardware and bolt it to the pack.

I made a Ion Arm Cap as well. I'll include that and the resistors for each kit.

HGA is up next!
alphabeta001 liked this
Now that I have some silicone curing I can share some pics -

HGA and my Ion Arm face -

Ion arm has the weld and is ready to mold. Placed the face to see how the welds matched up -

My version of a Hockey puck -

More to come...
MonaLS, ccv66, alphabeta001 liked this
Got up and demolded my stuff and mixed a quick batch of resin... Here's what I got!

My HGA parts -

I couldn't wait, so I mounted one! SO much easier to do this than to make one from scratch each time.

I'm in the HOME STRETCH! Just need to get more silicone and mold my mounting gear and I'm done!

(Well.. Except for all the parts I want to make new molds for because I hate the first ones I made... :roll: )
alphabeta001 liked this
Took the family to visit Mount Saint Helens this weekend so I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the packs, but I did get them stripped down and painted.

So that was good. I also took a reject bumper and reject bellows and spiffed them up for my own pack.

Now I am ready for Rose City Comic Con this weekend! More to come!
First casts of my mounting kit are out. The molds didn't do as well as I wanted, so they are not ready for prime time. But this is more "Prototype Mode" for me. And I need to finish these two packs. So I will limp the molds along to get what I need and then remold.

Plus the last resistor for the Ion Arm.
Had a great time at the Rose City Comic Con on Saturday. Met up with the Portland crew -

Today I got to work cutting the motherboards, painting parts and generally getting things done.

My mounting kit worked out really well!

First wear of one of them -

Both are now mounted to their motherboards, Next Sunday is my last build day...
Alan Hawkins wrote:
Morfeusoneiros wrote:Looking good [emoji106]
What material did you use for your Motherboard?
I've been getting a MDF chalkboard from Home Depot that is a little better than 1/8" it's enough for two motherboards.
Thanks. I'll check that out [emoji106]
By Batfly
So you can write on your motherboard with chalk and then erase it? That's a pretty cool novelty if so. Awesome work man!
The Ion Arms are the last of the fabrications for these packs before they get sent to their new owners in Iowa. I will do the lights tomorrow.

I have to do some adjustments here and there. But over all this was a simple thing to put together. (I got the end cap crooked. :roll: ) But, it's pretty darned cool to me that this works!

More to come!
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]