Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
Yeah, me as well!

And on me reading the leaks wrong, I just stated they are very open to interpretation. The only thing I'm not remembering exactly right now is how the director thing was handled. I'll look it up tomorrow and see if I have to amend my statement on that. Fact remains though that Ivan sought out Feig himself and liked his ideas.

Other then that I have succesfully corrected a few posters on reading/remembering things wrong, but feel free to correct me as well! I don't mind the debate.
By Alphagaia
Looks here they are reaching to directors but not passing them along to Ivan because they are not convinced yet. Date is around the 'disturbing calls' email from Ivan
Fw: Curious...
Okay - sounds like it's too soon to discuss with Ivan

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 6:54 PM
To: Minghella, Hannah
Subject: Re: Curious...

We are still too scared of the title so far. We feel like if we had a great take that could change but after thinking about it for all of five minutes we didn't find that yet.

Sent from my ComputerPhone
By Kingpin
JurorNo.2 wrote:You don't by any chance listen to Now Playing podcast, do you?
'Fraid not, just happened to remember an appropriate quote from Dante's Peak. I presume Now Playing is a cinema/film podcast?
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:You don't by any chance listen to Now Playing podcast, do you?
'Fraid not, just happened to remember an appropriate quote from Dante's Peak. I presume Now Playing is a cinema/film podcast?
Ah OK, one of those random coincidences then. Yes, they are a film review podcast and just the other weekend they were reviewing Independence Day and brought up that quote at the end, lol.
By Raystantz Italy
Yesterday Feig was ib Rome. Courtesy of Italian press: Sigourney will have a dutch accent, Murray didn't said yes immediately, he "evaluated his position with Sony before committing", Aykroyd gave script input trough all the production, Ramis daughter is in the movie with his child, his widow is in the Firehouse outside scene.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:
Pretending it did not happen is actually one the story points though. Suddenly people do not believe in ghosts after five years and the GB have to proof themselve all over again. For me it was one of the weakest ideas of the movie to even have a trial where no one seems to remember ghosts destroyed churches, went rampant in the city and all the media being convinced it was all true.
It was set within the same universe. Also it's not unlikely people have become so cynical in five years that while they still believe in ghosts enough time has past where they took the Ghostbusters for granted. That's how I saw it and I thought that made the sequel pretty good.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
kevinj319 wrote:
I think you have demonstrated in various threads an inability to read between the lines when it comes to things said in those e-mails. But even if we grant that Ivan is being honest here, he is a just a man and can still be dead wrong.
Correct. No one is saying Ivan has made great decisions all the time however I get from reading the leaks he was pushed out. I know Alpha will try to rationalise the whole thing but reading between the lines does provide more truth as to what occurred rather than reading Pascal's e-mails straight out.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Raystantz Italy wrote:Murray didn't said yes immediately, he "evaluated his position with Sony before committing",
So Murray was pretty much pulled into the reboot. Is that what you understand? Would make sense considering his previous background with Sony over the third movie.
By Sav C
I hope you don't mind me bringing up an old thread, but I was watching some trailers yesterday for new films coming out and noticed something--both of the reboot's trailers seemed to be on par with the majority of trailers I saw. It's just the new style of advertising films I guess.
By pferreira1983
Sav C wrote:I hope you don't mind me bringing up an old thread, but I was watching some trailers yesterday for new films coming out and noticed something--both of the reboot's trailers seemed to be on par with the majority of trailers I saw. It's just the new style of advertising films I guess.
Hopefully more people notice this. Trailers today are terrible compared to ones from the 80s and 90s. They lack voice over and are too cryptic for their own good. I've said this before many times so please tell me if I'm repeating myself but there's essentially two types of trailers today. If the film isn't a comedy the film trailer will act like a psychological thriller fading to black every few seconds, uses short psychological jump music and beats as well as be full of 'ironic dialogue'. If it's a comedy the film trailer will have people talking, music is playing and then suddenly the music stops along with a scratched record sound (why a record?) and someone will say something funny. That is it! That's supposed to make us go watch movies! The whole point of a trailer is that it's supposed to be imaginative in presentation and sell the movie. Modern trailers don't do that. Check these examples out, it's night and day for me. I would definitely go watch the movie if I saw the second trailer:

Sav C, sting3037 liked this
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]