You can really get them just about anywhere. I got mine in a lot off ebay because they were cheap and I just wanted some to tinker with. The one's I used were made to handle between 2v and 4v if I remember correctly (it's been so long since I ordered them, but they run well on 2 AAA batteries). Just use your best judgement according to the power source you are using.
Started on mine. But instead of using a piece of abs, I printed out your pattern and traced it onto an old circuit board and then I cut it out. :-D Also cut out a daughter board. I bought the tape holder and moded it, but instead of painting it(paint started to flack when I tried to paint it) I bought some leather dye at Hobby Lobby and it worked great. :wink: Also picked up some snaps/buttons to work on leather too.

I missed this all this time, but love it! Ours have ben battered in the past 2 years, so its time to redo the nixie part of them, and this loosk like a good upgrade candidate.
TheRockman wrote:You can really get them just about anywhere. I got mine in a lot off ebay because they were cheap and I just wanted some to tinker with. The one's I used were made to handle between 2v and 4v if I remember correctly (it's been so long since I ordered them, but they run well on 2 AAA batteries). Just use your best judgement according to the power source you are using.
Great idea with the pens. I'll go for that on my gizmo as well. I'm planning to add LEDs but I'm unsure if I'll need resistors between the lights.
So I was wondering how your gizmo held up, did the lights burn out or is it still working?
Thanks for the inspiration! I was sweating paying over $100 for a kit but this is perfect! I changed mine up a bit from your original design by cutting, drilling and bending some flat steel I had laying around to hold the tubes. I hollowed out 2 extra RJ-11 jacks and glued them to make an error box. I also added a variable resistor so I can dim the LEDs (which was more of a fun thing than a necessary thing, but I also didn't want my belt to be the brightest part of my costume when out in the dark). I also used a 9v battery setup with a holder in place of the top 2 white resistors (hidden by the gizmo holder) that has an on/off switch built in.

I made my own gizmo holder out of a sheet of leather and some rivets from a pattern I got the same place I got the gizmo image (jairuswhitley.com).

I can't thank you enough for the ideas and inspiration. I always love making my own stuff when possible!

The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]