Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By theweecrow
mrmichaelt wrote:Looking again at the #11 regular cover -- at first I thought it was just a nondescript demon but c'mon -- Dan Schoening. So against my better judgment, I let it bug me because it vaguely reminded of something. So at first, I thought it was a nod to the cover for Ghostbusters: The Return with Xathador in the background but he had no wings and no horns. But since the movie is still out there, the demon's silhouette better matches Mayhem. Hmm. So that could be the nod.
#11 cover
Xanthador
Mayhem
Huh! Yup, that's definitely close in appearance.
mrmichaelt wrote:Looking again at the #11 regular cover -- at first I thought it was just a nondescript demon but c'mon -- Dan Schoening. So against my better judgment, I let it bug me because it vaguely reminded of something. So at first, I thought it was a nod to the cover for Ghostbusters: The Return with Xathador in the background but he had no wings and no horns. But since the movie is still out there, the demon's silhouette better matches Mayhem. Hmm. So that could be the nod.
#11 cover
Xanthador
Mayhem
More Mayhem than Xanthador.
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:August sales figures are in. GBI #7 moved 6169 units, GBI #8 moved 5937. Ugh, down from GBI #6 that did 7317 in June, the delay for #7 probably didn't help things. It's also the worst numbers since GB Vol. 2 #12 in January 2014.
Where are all of those "real Ghostbusters fans" that came out of the woodwork over the last year when you need 'em?

On the bright side...
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote: Where are all of those "real Ghostbusters fans" that came out of the woodwork over the last year when you need 'em?
heh, I wonder if it was debated to keep the RGB a secret or not. Surely, if they blatantly stated in the solicits that RGB Egon would be appearing - pre-sales and regular sales might have done way better? I'm pretty sure not everyone noticed that was him on the #10 and 11 covers at first.
groschopf wrote:On the bright side...
Heh, yeah, on what planet? ;) Erik showed that to me last month for mixing up the appearance in #9 for #8. I'm happy to see him a bit more "Dan-o-ized" in terms of design.

EDIT: Dan is currently thumbnailing Issue #11.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 5132669952

EDIT2: December solicits are out. No Ghostbusters in December.
By gboy6
Why is this always delayed? Who or what is the cause? They seem to be getting worse and it can't be helping the sales.
If I weren't following this thread or Spook Central's page,I probably would have lost track and fall behind.
By theweecrow
gboy6 wrote:Why is this always delayed? Who or what is the cause? They seem to be getting worse and it can't be helping the sales.
If I weren't following this thread or Spook Central's page,I probably would have lost track and fall behind.
Your guess is as good as mine. The site was still saying September 28th earlier today. I nearly obsessively watch the Previewsworld site within the week before it's supposed to come out for the very reason that this keeps happening, usually last minute.
By mrmichaelt
... That's disappointing to say the least.
gboy6 wrote:Why is this always delayed? Who or what is the cause? They seem to be getting worse and it can't be helping the sales.

As far as I can tell, unofficially, I think it's customs. The comics are printed overseas then shipped here. For whatever reason, in the past, I recall a few times it's been stated they were held up at customs. So that would imply a logistics issue that isn't getting fixed by Diamond, the distributor, or I guess you could ask why IDW doesn't change printers if they haven't yet in the past. But that's all just speculation on my part.
groschopf wrote:I meant all of the self-proclaimed fans that spent the last year berating the new movie, but apparently won't support a comic that should be perfectly in line with their tastes.
That's simple. Those people are probably some of the same who dislike Erik's writing and/or Dan's art. They do exist.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote:Oh no. :cry: But then, when will the annual come out?!
Nothing to be concerned about. Probably January at the earliest or Erik will announce it when he knows and can say. I recall the first annual wasn't set in stone at first either. Something like Fall then October then November.
By theweecrow
mrmichaelt wrote:
HauntedWallflower wrote:Oh no. :cry: But then, when will the annual come out?!
Nothing to be concerned about. Probably January at the earliest or Erik will announce it when he knows and can say. I recall the first annual wasn't set in stone at first either. Something like Fall then October then November.
I know they were aiming for the end of the year for the second Annual to be released, but there was never a date set in stone for it, so I'm also hoping for January, depending on further delays.

Dan confirmed at FanExpo that International ends at #11, and the annual will follow that. It's after the annual that things weren't guaranteed, they were still waiting to know if IDW would continue publishing the comic or end it like they did at the end of Mass Hysteria.
By mrmichaelt
Did some snooping on iBook's page for GBI #9 and found the 3 preview pages at 960x960 so it's a decent size to view online.

http://a1.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple62/ ... 0x960.jpeg

http://a2.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple71/ ... 0x960.jpeg

http://a2.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple62/ ... 0x960.jpeg
theweecrow, zeta otaku, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By zeta otaku
Stoked that we get another year of comics :D

Also, I feel like between having Jenny as a liason and actually handling a proton pack himself, Peck seems to have softened a bit.

Like... a fraction of an inch, but still!
Kingpin liked this
By *NormalGamer*
theweecrow wrote:Good news everyone! Looks like the series will indeed continue after the Annual!

https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0568505344
Thank goodness. ^_^
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:Those people are probably some of the same who dislike Erik's writing and/or Dan's art. They do exist.
Monsters.
mrmichaelt wrote:Did some snooping on iBook's page for GBI #9 and found the 3 preview pages at 960x960 so it's a decent size to view online.
!!!!

I've used the iBook app to check out the previews in the past, but never realized until today that I could view those using a web browser. That makes the pages so much easier to read. Thanks for showing me how!
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote:Monsters.
lol, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Art is subjective.
groschopf wrote:I've used the iBook app to check out the previews in the past, but never realized until today that I could view those using a web browser. That makes the pages so much easier to read. Thanks for showing me how!
No problem. I figured, why go to sleep an hour earlier than usual. :P
zeta otaku wrote:Also, I feel like between having Jenny as a liason and actually handling a proton pack himself, Peck seems to have softened a bit.
The cynic in me feels Peck concluded he had no choice but to allow the one person left with pack experience to help Janine on local calls rather than authorize Kevin.
theweecrow wrote:Good news everyone! Looks like the series will indeed continue after the Annual!
Phew. That's a relief.
HauntedWallflower wrote:The annual promises a look at Chicago GB HQ!!
Pinch me I must be dr... no, don't pinch me. :D

He also hinted its neither firehouse nor restaurant.
mrmichaelt wrote:Pinch me I must be dr... no, don't pinch me. :D

He also hinted its neither firehouse nor restaurant.
For some reason, I'm imagining it to be a run-down old shack near a garbage dump. Or that's just all the hours I spent marathoning Spongebob talking.

Maybe it might be something to do with golf (nod to Caddyshack)?
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote: For some reason, I'm imagining it to be a run-down old shack near a garbage dump. Or that's just all the hours I spent marathoning Spongebob talking.

Maybe it might be something to do with golf (nod to Caddyshack)?
lol. It's probably going to be modest. I can't imagine Rookie was given a huge stipend to start the franchise, had any big nest egg of savings, or had good credit for a decent loan. At one point, I figured a warehouse like the Ghostbusters' in NY but who knows could be a defunct video game company HQ. ;)

EDIT: For reference, the Chicago GB thread I started at the now defunct IDW forums. Should be fun to compare Erik's answers then to what we learn in the upcoming annual.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on September 27th, 2016, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:lol. It's probably going to be modest. I can't imagine Rookie was given a huge stipend to start the franchise, had any big nest egg of savings, or had good credit for a decent loan.
Please let it involve the CTA transformer room from the Blues Brothers deleted scene...

mrmichaelt, theweecrow liked this
By robbritton
theweecrow wrote:Um, apparently, Previewsworld JUST changed the release date to October 5th for GBI #9...

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL160559

This is after iBooks released their preview. *headdesk*
Ugh. Thank goodness I checked this before schlepping out this morning. Still, got to feel for the team with these constant delays. It's such a good comic and it sometimes feels as though everything happens to prevent people noticing it.

Great to hear there'll be at least another year, mind.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't like what Erik and Dan have done for the GB universe is bananas. They should be made to read The Other Side over and over until they come to their senses!
zeta otaku, mrmichaelt, theweecrow and 3 others liked this
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?