By Dremen
So these are the plans I did up for a project I'm planning on working on as soon as I finish school for the summer. I'm calling it the trapper's pack. Similar in idea to Kylie having a small pack, this basically combines the mini pack part of the tainted love pack with the proton pistol Winston uses in the IDW ongoing. Planning on building the thing out of MDF and its pretty much the first thing I've ever tried to build.

I'll be back to post some pictures as I move along with the project but for how, here's the rough plans I did up in AutoCAD. My plan is to print these off at actual size and use them as a template.

I also want to say thanks to Kingpin and the people at 2Story props. the sketches Kingpin did of the Proton Pistol were a HUGE help in making sure I got the look and size of the pistol right when I did up the plans and the wip pictures the 2Story props guys posted were a really bit help when drawing the plans up for the pack, especially the early sketch they posted with dimensions.
By Dremen
So I decided to scrap my old plans. It's been over a year and I tried last summer to make it using MDF, wood and foam but it wasn't really working out the way I wanted. So instead I found that my Nerf Firestrike has some of the basic shapes as the Proton Pistol.

So first thing I did was use my dremel and cut down the shape of the shell.

Once I had that cut down, I did a rough fitting to see what it would look like once I had the front muzzle of the gun installed. I plan on sticking this in place using plumbers epoxy. The rod is made of a plastic driveway marker and PVC conduit and PVC coupler layered over it.

Once that was all done, I started cutting up some styrene sheets to fill some gaps in the shell left over from where I cut away large parts of it. I also sanded everything down and used my dremel to get rid of Nerf logos and warning notes.

With that done I disassembled the blaster and painted it. I used Dupli-color Vinyl and Fabric in black for this. This stuff is the best for painting plastic!

The next thing I did, and also the most recent thing was do some minor weathering with a silver sharpie. Bit of a cheap method but it works!

Next step is to spray all the black parts with a clear coat to protect them and to drill a hole in the bottom of the grip to install a coaxial cable connector so I can connect the pistol to the pack when I eventually build it.
By Dremen
I got the main shell of the gun clear coated and the hole drilled into the butt of the handle so I can glue the coaxial cable connector in place. This is where I'm currently sitting now. Next step is to get the muzzle started!

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]