By agochoa04
Hi everyone

Im looking for tips on costructing a cyclotronand a bumper. Most of my basic construction is made of wood, plastic and some metal. Honestly, when Im finished it will probably be 85-90% accurate considering my methods. Im about using plastic tupperware because its easy cutting and spacious enough for the LEDs that I will use. Im unsure how metal washers and superglue will take to the surface of a plastic container or if it will last. Any ideas on that? Any on a bumper? I keep hearing hot wheels track, but surely theres gotta be a piece of plastic that fits the shape and size but only needs minor cosmetics. Any tips? What was an effective way for you? :cool::blush::sigh::whatever:
By Maccast
I keep hearing about the Hot Wheels Track bumper as well and I've seen at least one picture, but what i need to know is how is it bent/reinforced? The wood method looks great, but I'm not that great with wood working and for the budget pack I'm working on the time and effort involved seems like over kill.
By AndFisher
I bent a hotwheels track by heating it over a boiling kettle, but if you have access to a line bender, even better. I think these are meant to be bent in a custom fashion for playing with the toy cars. The result was sturdy enough for me, but you could reinforce it with a strip of wood in the groove on the underside. At least for the straight parts.
By xyster101
I built all of my parts from scratch. Here is my 2 page build with tons of pictures:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42277

I made the bumper out of 2x4 wood and 1/4" luane. I used a band saw, but a jig saw would work just fine. Or if you are in a pinch a coping saw (hand).

I used a 9" cake pan for the cyclotron. I cut the holes with a dremel tool and a cut off wheel on it. Took a little bit. I made the washers from some scrap material I had. Press board, but any 1/4" thick material would work. You can buy washers that size, but they are like $1.50 each.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]