Hey Everyone,

I am new to the group and I've recently started building my own costume and I thought this might be a fun way to document my process as I begin assembling it. I've got the tru-spec flight suit, the personalized patches, elbow pads, belt, gloves, hose, etc and I'm in the process of putting it all together now.

This weekend I put the patches on the flight suit and added the hose connector and I started working on the goggles. So far the only hold-ups have been the belt being too small and the goggles aren't exactly where I'd like them to be. So, I've ordered a second belt and stripped the paint off the goggles to try again.

This week while I wait for the second belt to come in the mail, I intend on working more on perfecting the goggles and hopefully making some key fobs. I've decided that I'm going to go with the non-screen accurate but more lightweight option of nylon. Maybe I will get around to cutting and dyeing the hose.

Pics and update to come! Thanks for reading!!
Webster, twmedford23, Roger liked this
09/13/2016 Update: Attempted to make key fobs last night but I purchased the wrong snap tools so I have to try again tonight. I also dyed my hose using urinary relief pills as another member suggested and it worked out perfectly!

Last but not least, I found an old computer at my parent's house and disassembled it to get to the motherboard. Now to completely take apart the motherboard and start working on my belt gizmo!
MonaLS liked this
09/20/2016 Update: Key fobs made...correctly this time! I also finished my hose connector made out of PVC and am working on making a magnet connection to hold the hose on.

I also finished dying the belt gray and worked on the goggles.

Right now I am working on finishing the goggles, making a belt gizmo (and making the holder by hand) and looking for boots.

Once I figure out how to post photos, I will add some!
MonaLS liked this
10/04/2016 UPDATE: Uniform is done! From top to bottom, I am done! I have finished the key fobs and I am about 1/2way done with the belt gizmo as I am only now waiting on some multicolor ribbon cable to make my custom tubes.

I am also now working on my first pack with the help of another member. We are making a RGB pack from scratch that will serve as my primary pack until I can get a movie pack going.

I've signed up with Flickr, so I should have pics soon!!

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]