Nice one on picking up that vent light, it is awesome and you did a great job on soldering everything together. Really getting there now man. Gonna be a sweet pack
Overcame an obstacle today, one I've been holding off on for to long. I cut the hole for the powercell [emoji4]

Thankfully I got some feedback telling me the outline I've made for the hole was to big and it sure was. Don't understand that I didn't see that myself.

Measured the size of the LEDs and made a new line to cut

Got my Dremel out and got to it

Cut the sides and then I used a thin wedge to cut out the middle.

Test fitting with batteries

Here it's inside the shell

Drilled the hole for the wires in the trigger box and gun body

Used a 5mm drill bit...
...and that was just the right size.

Could easily fit both wires into the hole

Used the post-it method to drill matching holes on both the trigger box and gun body

Last work today was drilling holes and making treads for the screws for the injector tubes

Drilled 6mm holes for the screws
Image (Made some adjustments on placement, before I was satisfied)

Made treads for the screws...

Fit like it was supposed to and I gave the parts a coat of primer

Now I'm waiting for the chrome to dry (that means that all parts is painted and soon shell-ready).

A little unsure as to whether or not I should paint the shell before I attach it to the motherboard and the motherboard to the ALICE frame...
All looking great dude. I would paint the shell after you have test fitted the shell to the mobo. It means you won't ruin any paintwork if you accidentally ding it
Venkman's Swagger wrote:All looking great dude. I would paint the shell after you have test fitted the shell to the mobo. It means you won't ruin any paintwork if you accidentally ding it
Good tip. I'll do that.
Been through some bad shit in my life, and building had to take the backseat for a while.
The wife and I split and I had to buy her half of the house. So this is now officially a slow build, since I now have very little extra cash to use on materials etc.
But hey, atleast I'm slowly getting back to the build [emoji4]
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:All looking great dude. I would paint the shell after you have test fitted the shell to the mobo. It means you won't ruin any paintwork if you accidentally ding it
Good tip. I'll do that.
Been through some bad shit in my life, and building had to take the backseat for a while.
The wife and I split and I had to buy her half of the house. So this is now officially a slow build, since I now have very little extra cash to use on materials etc.
Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. I've just split from my Mrs also but there was no house involved as we rented.

Good to see you back on the boards dude
Uh that's rough! I've been through two divorces already. Never ever fun. Keep your mind busy!
Not fun at all, and moving in and out of the house until we got it all settled was tiring, but better for the Kids to stay in the same place.
Good to be back, another step towards "normal".

I need some time to get back into the building groove, back to looking intensly at pictures [emoji23]

Got a tiny bit of paint done today.
Aiming for a complete (and working) thrower this week.
Triggerbox is ready for first coat of black tomorrow. Then it's "just" assembling all electronics, attach the triggerbox and fire away [emoji4]
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
Morfeusoneiros wrote: Good tip. I'll do that.
Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. I've just split from my Mrs also but there was no house involved as we rented.

Sorry to hear that aswell. Good thing we all have our builds to focus on.
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. I've just split from my Mrs also but there was no house involved as we rented.

Sorry to hear that aswell. Good thing we all have our builds to focus on.
Very true dude. Good to see the above update
Small progress on the gun
Finished the triggerbox and attached it to the body

Gave it some black coats

Had to check the electronics after it had been stoved away for a while...
Luckily everything worked [emoji4]

Weathered with some fine sandpaper and attached with araldite.Image

I'll let it set until tomorrow and then I'll start assembling all the electronics inside... [emoji15] [emoji26] [emoji317]
Got the wentlight attached yesterday

Used araldite and some matches to hold it in place.
Worked like a charm.

Attaching some of the lights today, and the rest tomorrow.

The glue reacted to paint residue on the triggerbox and gunbody, so I had to sand it down and attach it again...
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!
Oh yes [emoji13] Hoping I'll get my hands om some cheap MDF-plates soon and then I can start on my Motherboard and attaching the shell.
Looking forward to that dude
Still waiting for some parts to finish the build, but got this today:

Seemed appropiate since I'm making a pack with elements from GB1, GB2 and the Game.

With the white lens on, it would make a nice prop in photos as well IMO [emoji317]

Recieved four MDF-plates today. Motherboard will be made by next week I hope [emoji4]

Okay width, I'm hoping it can withold all the small holes without snapping in pieces.
I'll need to drill holes for two speakers, mounting brackets, Alice frame and probably something I'm forgetting right now [emoji317]
Had planned to finish my Motherboard today, but no such luck (more on that later)

Startet out by tracing the outlines of my shell

Then I used Stefan's plans to draw in the missing lines and straighten out the lines where I needed to

Then I was planning on cutting it, but my ex called. She had fainted twice, so I had to go and get the kids. Spent the rest of the day with the kids. When my youngest finally slept, I atleast got to make a rough cut around the edges of my motherboard.
Had to use a manual saw, so my son wouldn't wake.

The rough cut:

I'll use my Dremel for a more precise cut and sand down the remainder, so it will fit as it should.
Jonobiwan liked this
Finished the motherboard today.
Used my Dremel, first with a blade for wood, then different types of sanding accessories, before I finished it all of with some smooth sandpaper. It made a lot of saw dust.

Nice fit [emoji317]

Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll mount it to the ALICE frame
Nine! I use dust masks when working with mdf. Stuff get everywhere!
Batfly wrote:Nine! I use dust masks when working with mdf. Stuff get everywhere!
Thanks. I usually do as well, but I wasn't supposed to do it all yesterday, just got into the groove and did it all [emoji1]
xyster101 wrote:Mdf is super heavy, very flat and not the most durable. Why did you decide to use MDF? I choose plywood but had to seal the wood grain first.
Mainly because it dosen't chip and splinter as much as plywood, when drilled into. If it is a total failure, I'll just make a new motherboard (that's why I won't use rivets on this pack. That I'm saving for the next build, with aluminium motherboard and parts).
Made the spacers and attached the motherboard to the ALICE frame today.

Went for the hockeypuck halfmoon

Used the powersaw at work to cut the puck

Then I sanded it down to get rid of print and such

Made the bottom spacers of out wood

Didn't take much pictures while attaching it all (getting it all level etc had all my focus)

Kinda hard to take a good picture of it, but I tried:

Gave the spacers and motherboard some quick coats of primer and paint before I called it a night...

Getting there [emoji1] [emoji106]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]