By Batfly
Looks so friggin good! Have any before pics of the hoses before you sanded down the new shine? Just curious to compare the looks.
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks for the comments gents, much appreciated ;) Bat, not sure that I do to be honest. As I'm using pastel chalk for some of the weathering, having the pipes buffed helps the powder stick to the nylon, and takes away that clean factory look, which this thing certainly isn't. I'm not going to seal any of the finish either, if it wears off through handling then so be it ;) Will have a look through my photos and see sure..
legend642 liked this
By barison82
Just seen this update - truly awesome work, love it! Really authentic weathering effects [emoji4][emoji106]
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks b82, I have some updates but I'm in the middle of transitioning to a new ssd on my home pc so will maybe get a chance to upload a few snaps over the weekend & share progress ;) Good to see your build has started :thumbsup:
By barison82
OCP_Model-001 wrote:Thanks b82, I have some updates but I'm in the middle of transitioning to a new ssd on my home pc so will maybe get a chance to upload a few snaps over the weekend & share progress ;) Good to see your build has started :thumbsup:
No worries - and you're very welcome. Looking forward to seeing your next updates! And thanks, my build has been a long time coming so yes, very happy it has finally gotten off the ground [emoji4][emoji106]
By OCP_Model-001
Hi, here are a few progress pics of my pack now. It's 90% there, only things remaining are the lighting kits & i want to add the sound board too eventually, even though it would be a bit of a waste really as this is only for display probably but will see..

Ok enough typing..

Yes this frame padding is a bit big lol! I will have to cover it in black tape or something, to tone the look down. It's bigger than i thought when i ordered it, oops.

I had the chance to get it weighed properly this week, it's 10kg for the pack and 1.7kg for the gun, all in it's under 26lbs in total, and im very happy with that, doesn't feel heavy on my back at all, but then i only wore it for around 3mins :sigh:

I will try and get a gb1 cable shortly, and some mesh screen for the n filter housing, but not much else to add now apart from the wires and light bits..
What do you think? Pretty happy with my 'around 10years' look ;)
Anything i have forgotten to add, let me know.. will post more when i have it.
Thanks for the continued support fellow proppers, has helped tremendously in keeping this rolling through nearly 2 years :blush:

MT
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 10th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23, jackdoud, robandliv and 3 others liked this
By Batfly
Wow! Flat out amazing! It tickles me deep down knowing it's all aluminum! 2 years? Really? Doesn't feel that long. Another wow!
OCP_Model-001, MonaLS liked this
By barison82
Looks amazing! I agree with VS, your back will love the thicker padding! Under 26lbs is pretty good - that's what I'm aiming for hopefully [emoji4][emoji106]
By OCP_Model-001
Hi all, just a minor update on a few things. I have finally got around to getting some mesh for the n filter, just eye balled it and it turned out to be a decent sized mesh, looks alright sure..

Also found a decent stand for this thing, as it's been getting in my way in the spare room! Found some smaller diameter black padding and so changed out the huge grey stuff which wasnt that great anyway. Also found that the frame was flexing away from the top bolt just slightly, so i have put 2 small screws into the middle bar to give more support.

Yes, still no lights and gb1 cable, just dont have the funds at the moment. Our kitchen oven broke so we needed one of those first, always something breaking around here :boogieman:

Another question. I have tried the pack on but for the life of me i cant reach the proton gun handle at all :( only if i really stretch my arm over can i just touch the end of the handle. So either i have poor flexibility, or i have made an error some where in my measurements and frame fitting.. What is the common consensus with this here? Anyone else have this trouble or just me?
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 10th, 2017, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Venkman's Swagger
Pack looks so nice. I can reach my thrower fairly easy. If you're stretching that much it sounds like your frame may be mounted a bit high. Could take a pic of you wearing it to see how it sits on your back?
By OCP_Model-001
Right, Que the obligatory 'wearing pack in front of living room mirror' selfie..

Looking at these, it doesnt appear that the gun is sitting wrong, or that the frame is mounted high, or is it? The fact i cant reach the handle has more to do with it sitting too far away to the right side, and not close enough to my shoulder, so i have to reach up, but then out and away from my shoulder which im finding difficult :angryvigo:
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 10th, 2017, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
barison82 liked this
By OCP_Model-001
lol thanks VS, I can always count on you :D I may drill another hole in the v hook, and lower the handle a bit, see how that goes, or maybe just book that yoga class ;)
By OCP_Model-001
Not blasphemous at all, i just prefer the look of the original cable. I already had a gb2 pack and wanted a change, i probably have some spectra cable around somewhere ;)
twmedford23 liked this
By galeap
Stunning build OCP. What is the final weight? I fear that I'll be going to the gym for yoga and weight training ;)
P.
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks buddy, at the moment it's under 26 pounds (10kg for the pack and 1.7kg for the wandy) , happy with that, it feels heavy enough when your lifting it around, but on the back it feels fine, but I have not worn it for more than a few minutes at a time ;) I'm confident yours will be lighter mate, so don't worry :D
canpara liked this
By GBRODRIGUEZ
thebigone2087 wrote:Regarding the transfers: make sure the location is free of any oil and/ or grease. I usually take a piece of blue painters tape or scotch tape and apply it to the top of the dry rub then tape it to the surface to be applied to. I use the back of a pen, or knife, or something hard and round to rub the transfers in. CAREFULLY remove the tape and the transfers should be on nice and smooth. Just TAKE YOUR TIME.

I am having a hell of a time with the GBFans dry rub decals,it's driving me mad! I'm gonna try the tape trick you mentioned,any other tips?

Rodriguez CCGB
By thebigone2087
GBRODRIGUEZ wrote:
thebigone2087 wrote:Regarding the transfers: make sure the location is free of any oil and/ or grease. I usually take a piece of blue painters tape or scotch tape and apply it to the top of the dry rub then tape it to the surface to be applied to. I use the back of a pen, or knife, or something hard and round to rub the transfers in. CAREFULLY remove the tape and the transfers should be on nice and smooth. Just TAKE YOUR TIME.

I am having a hell of a time with the GBFans dry rub decals,it's driving me mad! I'm gonna try the tape trick you mentioned,any other tips?

Rodriguez CCGB
That is the best method that worked for me. I cannot stress enough that the parts are free any any oil or grease. They won't stick to that. Just take it slow.
By CPU64
Referencing the Ramis pack, the end of the gun track line up jus under the top bolts on the HGA, so your​ placement is pretty soon on.
Maybe your straps could be tightened a bit when you wear it?
By OCP_Model-001
Not been on here for a while so this late. Cpu, don't worry mate I'm not for wearing anyway this so its ok, it's just hung up now in the spare room, gathering dust! Still not finished it, never bought a gb1 cable and have no plans to fit lights or anything, PC needed a rebuild so put some funds into that. After 2 plus years working on these props I have burned myself out a bit and moved on to other things. My trap project hasn't been out of the box since December. But! I will get back to them some day though and will update this thread when I do :cool:
By barison82
Don't worry OCP - projects like this are pretty big and it doesn't hurt to put them on hold. You'll get back into it again at some stage with new energy, it happens to me as well, and then suddenly the motivation/vibe comes back again after a while.
OCP_Model-001 liked this
By Batfly
Yeah, I took a 4 month break from mine. It's happens. Was hard not to feel bad about not working on it, but much better than rushing it.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]