Hello everyone! Recently i purchased a gbfans wand light kit and i love it. The first time i fired it up it worked purfectly. The next time it was in a constantly firing loop. The song works, the power down toggle works, but it constanly fires then vents then repeats itself. I switched the batteries, tried all the different dip configurations... any help is appreciated!!!!!
Sounds like a bad push button switch OR the dip switch for the fire sequence is set backwards (thinks it is a NC switch instead of NO).
Switches are not specific. Using a toggle to test will work fine.
You could test this using a voltmeter but the push button that ships with GBFans kit is NO (normally open). That means the circuit is open unless you push the button. If you set the dip to expect a NC (normally closed) but use a NO button, the board will see the button as being in constant fire mode (unless you push the button then it will stop).
I just put the board in test mode by turning the Speed knob fully clockwise. Without any switch plugged into the fire socket, the red LED turns on immediately. From the manual...

b. Switch tests
i. The Fire button will turn on the Red SLO-BLO LED

It seems like the board is seeing the fire switch closed all the time. I also jumped the fire pins to see if the board was expecting to go from normally open to normally closed.
JakeJipqrs wrote:which dip switch controls the firing? no matter which dip switch i flip it stays locked in constant fire as soon as i toggle the PwrUp.
There are instructions here somewhere on the site regarding the dip switch configuration. I think in the store. You'll need to look those up.

As for constant firing with the toggle, that's exactly how is should work. The toggle switch will stay closed until you switch it back off. Just like a NO button will stay closed as long as you are holding it down. If the fire sequence stops after you switch the toggle back off, you know the board is working. If you put the button back in and it constantly fires whether or not you're pushing it, you've got a bad button.
bishopdonmiguel wrote:
JakeJipqrs wrote:which dip switch controls the firing? no matter which dip switch i flip it stays locked in constant fire as soon as i toggle the PwrUp.
There are instructions here somewhere on the site regarding the dip switch configuration. I think in the store. You'll need to look those up.

As for constant firing with the toggle, that's exactly how is should work. The toggle switch will stay closed until you switch it back off. Just like a NO button will stay closed as long as you are holding it down. If the fire sequence stops after you switch the toggle back off, you know the board is working. If you put the button back in and it constantly fires whether or not you're pushing it, you've got a bad button.
Right and what I am seeing now is it fires regardless of having a switch plugged into the fire socket or jumping the fire socket pins. Also the bar LED is running a fire sequence. It's like the board is seeing the fire switch closed regardless of normally open or normally closed.
JakeJipqrs wrote:Right and what I am seeing now is it fires regardless of having a switch plugged into the fire socket or jumping the fire socket pins. Also the bar LED is running a fire sequence. It's like the board is seeing the fire switch closed regardless of normally open or normally closed.
I think read another member having this issue and it was the ribbon cable. Look for that post. I think AJ was looking into it.
JakeJipqrs liked this
im currently using it stand-alone without the soundboard attached (doesn't make a difference). i read somewhere a while back (cant seem to find it now) that re-soldering the T1 connection solved a similar problem. could this be the fix?
Glad you got it working!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]