Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
EJLambert wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Get used to disappointments.
You mean like life in general? Done.
Hey, at least we got to enjoy a movie in between disappointments. :)
EJLambert liked this
By EJLambert
Two hours of a movie followed by uncountable hours of the worst nerd rage I've seen since Schumacher put nipples on the batsuit. Yep. This is depressing.
By JurorNo.2
EJLambert wrote:Two hours of a movie followed by uncountable hours of the worst nerd rage I've seen since Schumacher put nipples on the batsuit. Yep. This is depressing.
Can't argue with that. All we can do is ride out the storm. And at least it's not just you that notices.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:This must be a mistake, surely. Did Variety just call GB16 a "high-profile theatrical hit"???

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/gh ... 201894594/
Ha, ha! Oh Variety... :lol:
EJLambert wrote:Two hours of a movie followed by uncountable hours of the worst nerd rage I've seen since Schumacher put nipples on the batsuit. Yep. This is depressing.
I'm sure not alone in thinking this but this whole film was kind of more deserving of that 'nerd rage' than something as trivial as nipples of Batman's suit. :wink:
By EJLambert
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:This must be a mistake, surely. Did Variety just call GB16 a "high-profile theatrical hit"???

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/gh ... 201894594/
Ha, ha! Oh Variety... :lol:
I'm sure not alone in thinking this but this whole film was kind of more deserving of that 'nerd rage' than something as trivial as nipples of Batman's suit. :wink:
To be clear: I'm not saying you all should like it, but the levels of abuse that the fans of the movie are getting is out of control. Then the supporters lash out at the anti-booters and the cycle just doesn't end. I listen to Geekshow podcast, and they have a saying which is, "Don't be that Geek". Basically: If you like it, cool. If you don't, let other people enjoy it.
Sav C, pferreira1983, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
By HunterCC
EJLambert wrote:To be clear: I'm not saying you all should like it, but the levels of abuse that the fans of the movie are getting is out of control.
What "abuse" are you talking about, EJ?
EJLambert wrote:Then the supporters lash out at the anti-booters and the cycle just doesn't end. I listen to Geekshow podcast, and they have a saying which is, "Don't be that Geek". Basically: If you like it, cool. If you don't, let other people enjoy it.
Easy solution, don't let people having different opinions bother you. You can get mad at or be happy by what someone said on a computer screen. And you can respond to it however you want. But they only have as much power to "let you enjoy" something or not, as you let them.

For example, I know most people think GB89 is bad. It had plenty of stuff I thought was lame, but I like it because for my tastes the characters are awesome and have some cool moments like the SOL walking down fifth avenue. How could "what other people think" change that for me?
RichardLess liked this
By EJLambert
HunterCC wrote:
EJLambert wrote:To be clear: I'm not saying you all should like it, but the levels of abuse that the fans of the movie are getting is out of control.
What "abuse" are you talking about, EJ?
EJLambert wrote:Then the supporters lash out at the anti-booters and the cycle just doesn't end. I listen to Geekshow podcast, and they have a saying which is, "Don't be that Geek". Basically: If you like it, cool. If you don't, let other people enjoy it.
Easy solution, don't let people having different opinions bother you. You can get mad at or be happy by what someone said on a computer screen. And you can respond to it however you want. But they only have as much power to "let you enjoy" something or not, as you let them.

For example, I know most people think GB89 is bad. It had plenty of stuff I thought was lame, but I like it because for my tastes the characters are awesome and have some cool moments like the SOL walking down fifth avenue. How could "what other people think" change that for me?
Nah, I'm not going to show what specific abuse is going on. That won't be doing anyone any favors.

As for the second part, that is kind of what I'm already saying. It's not the opinions that bother me, it's the lack of civility between both camps.

Aaaaand that's about it for me. I think I've said all I want to say about this particular subject.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By HunterCC
EJLambert wrote:Nah, I'm not going to show what specific abuse is going on. That won't be doing anyone any favors.

As for the second part, that is kind of what I'm already saying. It's not the opinions that bother me, it's the lack of civility between both camps.

Aaaaand that's about it for me. I think I've said all I want to say about this particular subject.
Well, agreed on the second point. As to the first point, I won't keep talking about it if you don't. Cheers.
By Alphagaia
So, how are the extra's? Are there any new things to be learned from them or the commentaries?

I still don't have the region free steel book (do have the Amazon EE digital download) as it's out of stock, so I have not seen of listened to them yet. Can't wait!

Will the site do a review of the disk and it's contents?
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:So, how are the extra's? Are there any new things to be learned from them or the commentaries?

I still don't have the region free steel book (do have the Amazon EE digital download) as it's out of stock, so I have not seen of listened to them yet. Can't wait!

Will the site do a review of the disk and it's contents?
Paul Rudoff has done a very detailed review over at Spook Central: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... ew#more682

The stuff that was put back in along with the deleted scenes seem worse than what made it if I'm reading the review correctly. There's a deleted scene clip attached as well that is supposed to be funny but it's tedious.
Alphagaia liked this
By Styrofoam_Guy
I enjoyed the first commentary with the director and producer. The one with the production people I did not like as much.

The extended scenes flesh out the movie a bit more as they try and show more bonding between the team and why the Erin character is no with the team when the other 3 go to the final battle.

The commentary and outakes seems to show that the cast had a fun time making the movie.

Some of the alternate scenes are long. It is interesting hearing how each actor was chosen for their parts.
By Razorgeist
Havent had the chance to listen to the commentaries yet but the extended edition is great! Its funny I was surpised by just how many of the ghosts were people in costumes as reveled by the one extra.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]