By Kingpin

Since early summer, German toy company Playmobil has been teasing their plan to release a range of sets based on the Ghostbusters licence. Thanks to an online catalogue for the company, we can now see photos of the products, as well as prices and the projected release date:

Ecto-1 (with Winston and Janine) $49.15/£40.25/€45
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (with Ray) $21.84/£17.89/€20
Slimer with hot dog stand $17.48/£14.31/€16
Firehouse (with Peter, Janine, Egon and Vinz Clortho) $80.83/£67.08/€75
Venkman and Terror Dogs (and Zuul) $13.11/£10.73/€12
Spengler and Ghost $7.65/£6.26/€7

The sets are expected to start appearing in stores around May 2017. For more photos, please visit the topic.
CaptCyan, ccv66, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By EJLambert
I'm going to have to buy two sets. I know my three year old will want them as much as I do! It's awesome that there's going to be Ghostbuster stuff that a preschooler can play with.
First, let me say I love these.

I had some Playmobil stuff when I was a kid, including a glow-in-the-dark classic sheeted ghost with a metal ball and chain around one ankle.

That Ecto is reawakening a desire of mine to make custom 4" tall Kenner-style or GIJoe-style Ghostbusters figures.

My one concern is that they made the firehouse with a roll-down red door, like the way the real location looks now, instead of the movie-accurate black doors that part down the center.

Hopefully there's still time for them to correct that.

Alex
joeghostbuster liked this
By redfive1973
I'm going to need a bigger house. I love the Playmobil stuff. Have a bunch of the pirate figures and one of the ships. I think the pirates will have company soon with these new goodies.
By Kingpin
Alex Newborn wrote:My one concern is that they made the firehouse with a roll-down red door, like the way the real location looks now, instead of the movie-accurate black doors that part down the center.

Hopefully there's still time for them to correct that.
Like the mistake on Ecto-1's bumper, this'll probably be what we'll see when the toys hit the shelves - it may've been an intentional design choice, making use of existing parts, and/or a space saving measure on the interior of the playset.
By Coover5
I know the name playmobil but I know they are for younger kids. Is Playmobil like Legos where you get to assemble the items or closer to minimates where it's figures and playsets preassembled? Either way I need that Ecto-1!
By Dreamstalker
Well, I know what I'm buying my niece for next Christmas...if her mom doesn't have the same idea.
By SSJmole
Kingpin wrote:A new animation (with another promised for release in February) has popped up online for the festive season:

That says march. Also these are hella cute I want some lol

Edit : Disregard march as I thought you meant advert promised February. Misunderstood
Over on Facebook, GBMax Massimo posted some pics yesterday that show the interiors of the sets as well as pics showing each piece they contain. Not sure where he gleaned them, so I will only share a couple.

It's odd to see the receptionist desk on the top floor, but it does get it out of the way for the Ecto to park inside, so I guess it's not too bad of a compromise.

I was mildly disappointed that none of the Ecto's four side doors will open. The figures will enter via the removable roof.

As I commented on FB, "That's not the General Lee, Playmobil!" ;)

But my favorite comment on the album was from a fan named Alessandro Ceccoli, who wrote in his native tongue, "Addio soldi, vi ho voluto bene."

FB translated this as "Goodbye money, I have loved you."

I need a t-shirt that says that.

Alex
Wafflerobot liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]