Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Reopens comic. <stares for 3 minutes> <nods>
No, Thank you for the confirmation. ;). I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just seeing things, because I almost never catch these things. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
By Sister
Well, that was an intense issue!
It is going to be such a long wait for #11.
By Sister
mrmichaelt wrote:GBI #10
To Be Identified/Confirmed (still a lot of squinting to do)

8. Page 17 Panel 3: The three baggies are ?
I think they might be one of the cursed items from The Video Game. Although...Those may have been brightly colored jars. *sigh* I'm not much help, am I?
Sister wrote:Well, that was an intense issue!
It is going to be such a long wait for #11.

I know I love how the stakes keep rising. I didn't see the particular scene that has been taking a few people by surprise coming either. :). I never thought I would see that in a Ghostbusters story, but it was very welcomed and I feel it really shows just how serious the situation has become. It makes me even more excited for the future of this comic. Every time I think that the stakes can't get any higher the team at IDW continues to surpass my expectations and out due themselves everytime. :):):)
mrmichaelt, Sister liked this
If anyone interested, here's where the pages of the Rauoskinna, at the top of page 16, are based on, blocked in red
theweecrow wrote: Also, this tweet, where Erik was replying to me...https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 4070371328

Edit: I just read my post over and realized what I made myself sound like I was saying. Oops. Those are hopefully not linked. Although I doubt they'd permanently kill one of the main characters off. (Also, remember, I met Dan. He may or may not have said a couple of things that I promised to keep to myself until after 11 comes out. *winks*)
I would be surprised if the battle didn't end with Satan reaching out from a fissure, grabbing Loftur and dragging him down to Hell (i.e. see end of Vol. 2 #9).
Sister wrote:I think they might be one of the cursed items from The Video Game. Although...Those may have been brightly colored jars. *sigh* I'm not much help, am I?
They were confections made by Granny's Yum Yum Candy in "Egon's Ghost" - they're on the conveyor belt as the Ghostbusters search the factory.
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... ollage.png
By Sister
mrmichaelt wrote:
Sister wrote:I think they might be one of the cursed items from The Video Game. Although...Those may have been brightly colored jars. *sigh* I'm not much help, am I?
They were confections made by Granny's Yum Yum Candy in "Egon's Ghost" - they're on the conveyor belt as the Ghostbusters search the factory.
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... ollage.png
Impressive. Most impressive. There is an obvious parallel between that episode and the current story arc, which makes me think the inclusion of an item from it might not be coincidence, but at the same time the number of random little references in these comics is so high it could be.
I can't imagine how you track down all of these things. My current theory is that you are secretly Kylie.
Sister wrote:Impressive. Most impressive. There is an obvious parallel between that episode and the current story arc, which makes me think the inclusion of an item from it might not be coincidence, but at the same time the number of random little references in these comics is so high it could be.
I can't imagine how you track down all of these things. My current theory is that you are secretly Kylie.
Definitely. The parallels began with the design of Egon being atomized.

After Wednesday, 4-5 days of rereading and squinting off and on. I've got one of those big magnifying lens/lamp you can attach to an office desk. Devilmanozzy or Kingpin helps sometimes, usually with NYC geography. For the Granny's Yum Yum. All it took was 4 days later, Devil suggested he thought it looked liked candy to him and that got the gears rolling for me and it took a few minutes of coming up with some guesses then searching around the GB Wiki.

But um, how I can spot them, sometimes it's luck or a vague feeling 'I saw this before' or it's burned into memory from doing work on the Wiki but it's probably mostly because I've become just as looney as Schoening at this point. :P

Ha ha. No, just a fan.

EDIT: I'm surprised Kingpin didn't beat me to pointing out that's 55 Central Park West and the 10 West 66th Street Apartments obscured by the trees in Central Park on page 20.
Sister liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
Sister wrote:Impressive. Most impressive. There is an obvious parallel between that episode and the current story arc, which makes me think the inclusion of an item from it might not be coincidence, but at the same time the number of random little references in these comics is so high it could be.
Definitely. The parallels began with the design of Egon being atomized.

After Wednesday, 4-5 days of rereading and squinting off and on. I've got one of those big magnifying lens/lamp you can attach to an office desk. Devilmanozzy or Kingpin helps sometimes, usually with NYC geography. For the Granny's Yum Yum. All it took was 4 days later, Devil suggested he thought it looked liked candy to him and that got the gears rolling for me and it took a few minutes of coming up with some guesses then searching around the GB Wiki.

But um, how I can spot them, sometimes it's luck or a vague feeling 'I saw this before' or it's burned into memory from doing work on the Wiki but it's probably mostly because I've become just as looney as Schoening at this point. :P

Ha ha. No, just a fan.

EDIT: I'm surprised Kingpin didn't beat me to pointing out that's 55 Central Park West and the 10 West 66th Street Apartments obscured by the trees in Central Park on page 20.
Oh yes speaking of the parallels, lets not forget the use of RGB Egon using the Destabilizer. Also from Egon's Ghost. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Erik Burnham confirmed #11 is the last issue of the arc and volume but there's more GB after. So far we know of the annual. After that, well could be anything one shots, mini series, Volume 4, sock puppet theater...hopefully we'll know by the February solicits next month.
@ *referring to bold*

I'm glad. :)
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:I'm surprised Kingpin didn't beat me to pointing out that's 55 Central Park West and the 10 West 66th Street Apartments obscured by the trees in Central Park on page 20.
I've kinda fallen behind, will need to play catchup at some point. :)
mrmichaelt liked this
Issue #11 pushed back a week to November 30. :(
Kingpin wrote:I've kinda fallen behind, will need to play catchup at some point. :)
Cheers to that. I'm a little curious to hear opinions of the comic from someone reading several issues in a row for the first time rather than month to month.
mrmichaelt wrote:Cheers to that. I'm a little curious to hear opinions of the comic from someone reading several issues in a row for the first time rather than month to month.
Actually, you've been hearing it from me for a while now. I only started reading the entire ongoing and previous minissues several months ago.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote:Actually, you've been hearing it from me for a while now. I only started reading the entire ongoing and previous minissues several months ago.
Yes, that's true. I suppose I meant another who reads a bunch at once.
mrmichaelt wrote:Yes, that's true. I suppose I meant another who reads a bunch at once.
True. I even managed to get this other fan into the comics as well. She's only ever read Get Real and I directed her to the ongoing, when I told her there was a Chevy Chase lookalike :-D
mrmichaelt liked this
By Sister
One of my favorite things about these comics is how well the characters who never appeared in the films seem to fit. They always felt very natural to me, and many of them are quite likeable. Others are not so likeable, *glances at Ron* but still feel like a natural part of the world and enhance the story or comedy.

However, because I'm only able to see these characters in this illustrated style, I'm struggling to gauge the age of several of them. I imagine Kylie to be 21, and Rookie to be 23. Lou and Dani are either late 20s or early 30s. Then I figured Ron and Ortiz were a little bit older, maybe 35. Jenny...I have no idea about Jenny. I initially assumed she was the same age as I imagined the other female Ghost Smashers, but she's the love interest for Ray, so surely that makes her older, right? I would be interested to hear what you all think.

I hope I'm not bringing up something already discussed. I messed around with the search feature for a bit and could not find anything similar, but if I simply overlooked the relevant conversation, I would appreciate a link or directions to it.
Sister wrote:One of my favorite things about these comics is how well the characters who never appeared in the films seem to fit. They always felt very natural to me, and many of them are quite likeable. Others are not so likeable, *glances at Ron* but still feel like a natural part of the world and enhance the story or comedy.
True. I think it's because many of them are really dedicated to the business. ^_^
Sister wrote:Jenny...I have no idea about Jenny. I initially assumed she was the same age as I imagined the other female Ghost Smashers, but she's the love interest for Ray, so surely that makes her older, right? I would be interested to hear what you all think.
Well, she is based on Dan Aykroyd's real wife Donna Dixon (who is 59) so I could say that Jenny is probably about in her 30's or 40's; that's all I can say.
Sister liked this
By Sister
*NormalGamer* wrote:Well, she is based on Dan Aykroyd's real wife Donna Dixon (who is 59) so I could say that Jenny is probably about in her 30's or 40's; that's all I can say.
She's based on Dan Aykroyd's wife? I had no idea, that's a cool little thing to know. I guess this means everything will work out between the two of them. :) (And I'm going to ignore the unhappy pattern set by the other Ghostbusters' attempts at romance)
^Yeah, they're all based on someone. Jenny based on Dixon, Ron on Chase, Lou on Halle Berry, Dani on Vanessa Angel, and Melanie on a mix of of Paz Vega and Sofia Vergara.

Personally, I pinned
*Kylie and Rookie in their mid 20s.
*Melanie, and Jenny in their 30s.
*Ron, Lou, and Dani in their late 20s.

EDIT: Rachael Stott posted a WIP, presumably from the annual 2017, of Janine and an amusing easter egg.
https://twitter.com/RachaelAtWork/statu ... 6248748035
Sister liked this
By Sister
mrmichaelt wrote:^Yeah, they're all based on someone. Jenny based on Dixon, Ron on Chase, Lou on Halle Berry, Dani on Vanessa Angel, and Melanie on a mix of of Paz Vega and Sofia Vergara.
Cool! I mean, I don't know who any of these people are, but I have this friend named Google who can probably show me some pictures or something.
HauntedWallflower wrote:Janine looks prettier than she did in Issue 6.
Agreed. But Stott didn't exactly get a lot of opportunity to draw Janine. She probably kept doodling after she finished the issue. Artists always be trying to improve their craft. ;)
Sister wrote:Cool! I mean, I don't know who any of these people are, but I have this friend named Google who can probably show me some pictures or something.
Ha!
mrmichaelt wrote:Agreed. But Stott didn't exactly get a lot of opportunity to draw Janine. She probably kept doodling after she finished the issue. Artists always be trying to improve their craft. ;)
That and she spent an awful lot of time drawing Egon :P
By mrmichaelt
October 2016 sales are posted.
-GBI #9 did 5662 units
-GBI #10 did 5313 units

Previously GBI #8, August 24, did 5937. So, a foregone conclusion, but the delays likely hurt sales. But, the more troubling thing is #9 and #10 hit new all-time lows in sales for the comic overall. The last time it got that low was Volume 2 #12, which did 5755.

EDIT 11/15: Dan posted a GBI #11 teaser - some cops and Ecto-1 parked at Central Park.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 4720681986

EDIT2 11/18: Rachael Stott posted WIPs of Ray.
https://twitter.com/RachaelAtWork/statu ... 8622587904
https://twitter.com/RachaelAtWork/statu ... 7675179008

EDIT3 11/21: Erik got in more pages from Stott. In total, Stott is doing 8 pages for the annual.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 7987076096
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3242243072

EDIT4 11/23: February solicits are out. Only thing releasing is the second trade paperback for Ghostbusters International. It collects #6-11 and releases on February 8.
By mrmichaelt
Did a proper scan of the Feb solicit and there's one more GB release. A hardcover deluxe edition of TMNT/Ghostbusters!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Ghostbusters Deluxe Edition
Erik Burnham & Tom Waltz (w) • Dan Schoening, Charles Paul Wilson III, Cory Smith (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)
This oversized Deluxe Edition features extra art, creator annotations, and more! When a new invention goes haywire, the Turtles are sent to a whole new type of New York City. One with a whole lot more ghosts… and Ghostbusters! The two teams will have to learn to get along quickly, because a new foe from the Turtles’ past has followed them and aims to conquer NYC!
HC • FC • $24.99 • 132 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-873-1
“Love Ghostbusters? Love Ninja Turtles? Yeah, you’re going to love this.” –Comic Vine Advance solicited for April release!
Releases April 12. I'm guessing this will be a companion to the Volume 1 and 2 hardcovers of the ongoing. Perhaps a similar Get Real is in the works, then Volume 3 (International) hardcover... :)

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]