Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Your question was intentionally snarky. You know very well what I was saying.
By Dias
Olá comunidade GBFans!
Não estou contente por ter fracassado o filme, pois se trata dos caçafantasmas. Na minha opinião não souberam aproveitar o conteúdo das historias anteriores, havia muito material para fazer um novo filme com criatividade e respeito aos que deixaram o legado. Tanto o Bill,Dan,Ernie e os demais que aparecerem no filme, foram ridicularizados. poderiam ter feito papéis mais expressivos, as novas caça fantasmas poderiam ser filhas deles que após anos, Gozer retorna para se vingar e elas reabrem a firmas novamente. Pena mas quem sabe o próximo seja melhor.
Abraços à todos

Translated by mod:

Hello GBFans community!
I'm not happy to have failed the film, because it is the caçafantasmas. In my opinion they did not know enjoy the content of previous stories, there was a lot of material to make a new film with creativity and respect to those who have left the legacy. Both Bill, Dan, Ernie and others who appear in the film, were ridiculed. could have done more significant roles, new hunting ghosts could be their daughters after years Gozer returns to take revenge and they reopen the firms again. Sorry but maybe the next one is better.
Last edited by Kingpin on October 27th, 2016, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added translation
HunterCC liked this
By Commander_Jim
Eh, I guess after having nothing new to discuss in the world of GB since before internet forums even existed people want to get maximum mileage out of it. Hell, the Star Wars Prequels arguments are still raging on theforce.net
pferreira1983 liked this
By Raystantz Italy
Since the post title is "I'm glad the film flopped" I think everyone can list their reason to be glad. And Juror and Alpha can try to change other people opinions.

I'm glad the film flopped. I hope they make a sequel with this very cast but without Feig. And his vision be drastically deformed and changed.
I'll go see Wiig in that movie with Galifianakis.
HunterCC liked this
By Kingpin
Raystantz Italy wrote:Since the post title is "I'm glad the film flopped" I think everyone can list their reason to be glad.
And that's the mean spirited nature of this topic in an ugly nutshell. It's not here to be productive, informative or to really promote discussion - it's here to gloat.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2, 80sguy and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Kingpin wrote:
Raystantz Italy wrote:Since the post title is "I'm glad the film flopped" I think everyone can list their reason to be glad.
And that's the mean spirited nature of this topic in an ugly nutshell. It's not here to be productive, informative or to really promote discussion - it's here to gloat.
People want to feel justified in their life choices. In a way both groups won: people enjoyed the movie, but it was not the financial success that was hoped. Somehow this feels like an impasse to the groups and the 'fight' continues.
Most people have made their peace however. Even I have accepted some people will grab anything to attack the movie and only sometimes respond to one of the regular dislikers if it's just truthspinning, but we all need to understand a movie will have supporters and haters, and those are not all feminists, trolls or misogynists.
By Alphagaia
Raystantz Italy wrote:You're right Alpha :) I'm happy the film flopped, but I'm not mad at those who liked it.
Neither am I, though I do occasionally roll my eyes when I see the dislikers try and one up the likers by creating another thread just to dump on the movie (again) and try and get a rise out of the likers.

I'm not sure how it goes on other sites and social media, but it seems on this Forum the dislikers seem to contain the actual trolls and the people getting bans for their behaviour while the likers just want to have insightful conversations about the movie without having to constantly defend it as almost every topic gets hijacked into 'I dislike GB:ATC because X' argument.
By JurorNo.2
Raystantz Italy wrote:But this is a topic for dislikers to come here and talk about the bad things of Gb16. It's the Arkham of Feigbusters.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on October 28th, 2016, 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Zharthaddeus
Kingpin wrote:
Ditto.
Sav C liked this
By featofstrength
Raystantz Italy wrote:So, it can easily be locked.
Or ignored.

You see a thread titled I'm Glad the Film Flopped:
ALARM. DANGER. DANGER. WARNING. DANGER.

But they take the bait...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Last edited by featofstrength on October 28th, 2016, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
savintheday liked this
By JurorNo.2
featofstrength wrote:
Your "safe space" comment goes both ways around here.
Um, not really, I debate this movie here quite often. It's not the defenders who says various forms of "Can we stop talking about this movie?"

But, there's debate, and then there's pissy back and forth. Not really into the latter. ;)
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on October 28th, 2016, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Alphagaia
Zharthaddeus wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
Ditto.
Same here. If this toxic behavior is what our fandom wants to do to other fans just for having different opinions...
Wow, guys. Wow.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Even at the worst of some members' sentiment back in the day, I don't think anyone ever said "I'm glad Extreme Ghostbusters flopped", "I'm glad the 88MPH comic failed", or similar remarks for Sanctum of Slime. Even the Junior Ghostbusters and the Slimer spinoff, which are generally reviled, hadn't prompted anything as close in sentiment... it's a sad first here, seeing people saying they're glad something to do with the Ghostbusters franchise was unsuccessful. :(
pferreira1983 liked this
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:Even at the worst of some members' sentiment back in the day, I don't think anyone ever said "I'm glad Extreme Ghostbusters flopped", "I'm glad the 88MPH comic failed", or similar remarks for Sanctum of Slime. Even the Junior Ghostbusters and the Slimer spinoff, which are generally reviled, hadn't prompted anything as close in sentiment... it's a sad first here, seeing people saying they're glad something to do with the Ghostbusters franchise was unsuccessful. :(
They think it's a victory, they seriously think Hollywood is going to magically declare "No more remakes! From now on we'll be totally original!" And it's all thanks to them! Yeah...that's cute...

Meanwhile, they'll be first in line as Disney continues to run Star Wars into the ground...
By Kingpin
I know The Force Awakens didn't strike far out into new territory, but it wasn't the type of film that'd "run Star Wars into the ground", that was The Phantom Menace.
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:I know The Force Awakens didn't strike far out into new territory, but it wasn't the type of film that'd "run Star Wars into the ground" that was The Phantom Menace.
People complain about the prequels, but somehow none of them flopped. Using the detractors' logic, that makes them masterpieces! Right next to the oh so cultured Bayformers. :-D
By Raystantz Italy
Kingpin wrote:Even at the worst of some members' sentiment back in the day, I don't think anyone ever said "I'm glad Extreme Ghostbusters flopped", "I'm glad the 88MPH comic failed", or similar remarks for Sanctum of Slime. Even the Junior Ghostbusters and the Slimer spinoff, which are generally reviled, hadn't prompted anything as close in sentiment... it's a sad first here, seeing people saying they're glad something to do with the Ghostbusters franchise was unsuccessful. :(
I have to clarify: I'm glad something from Feig flopped. This is not a Ghostbusters movie.
By JurorNo.2
Not my President, huh?

I'll still say this site is far more friendly than...pretty much every single GB related site on the web right now. Reddit was lost long ago. Facebook is graffitied daily by some truly scary people. And then you have the more moderate detractors, who turn a blind eye to it all. They are all the reason I can barely watch the original movie anymore. No redeeming value to such "people" who masquerade as fans (And do not even THINK to ask me if it's only because they disagree with me about a movie.) You have to love something to be a fan. Those "people" are only capable of two emotions: Hate and Obsession. There is no love there.

The only consolation is that it's largely the anonymity and safety of the Internet, not representative of the fanbase at large.
By Sav C
savintheday wrote:I'm of the opinion that there didn't need to be a Ghostbusters III (or in hindsight a Ghostbusters II)
It was imperative that Ghostbusters II be made :D
MagicPrime wrote:
Hey Magic, just curious, remember when you said that we could no longer have any rational discussions together? I'm just wondering were you being serious, or were you joking?
Kingpin wrote:It's been 110 days since the movie came out, and even less since it left cinemas. How are some of you not burned out/thoroughly fed up with arguing about it/taking pot shots at each other?
I just want to talk about the movie itself, how it was made, etc. etc. At this point I have no interest in arguing about the controversy it caused, it's boring to be honest.

Phantom Menace was the only prequel I liked, probably on par with Force Awakens for me.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin liked this
By scythemantis
I'm gonna be honest, GB fandom is the whiniest and most needlessly critical fandom I've ever witnessed. I did not expect people to hate this movie like they did. Why are the originals treated like untouchable gold to an almost religious extreme? They aren't that great. It's the overarching concept of the Ghostbusters that's interesting and no one interpretation of them has been "perfect," not even the very first movie.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]