Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Sav C
Agree totally, I find that it is incredibly distracting, breaking all sense of immersion instantly, and at times even leaves me clueless as to what is going on.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Sav C
Here is my review of the theatrical cut of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, a movie that I highly anticipated before its release, more so than any other movie before. An attempt has been made to keep comparisons of the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II to a minimum. Comparisons are hidden behind spoiler tags for those who just don't want to hear them.

The importance of friendship was a theme touched upon throughout. It was most apparent between Erin and Abby who spent much of the movie rebuilding their friendship and trust. Rowan, the main villain, didn’t have any friends and was bullied throughout his whole life, causing him to seek vengeance on the living by summoning the dead.

The Martin Heiss subplot mainly exists to reinforce the theme, by showing that Abby can’t trust Erin, as she advises against opening the trap yet Erin does anyways. Then by having Heiss thrown out of a window the scene ends up feeling like the aim was to segue into the government subplot, in which case they did far more than needed. Upon first viewing this left it feeling like the only unnecessary scene, even though it wasn’t unnecessary.

The friendship theme and the character arc of Erin are resolved nicely, with Erin going to save Abby by jumping into the portal.

The plot was fairly strong and was paced well, it didn’t get slow or take too much time on one joke or detail. The movie gets off to a nice quick start, maintaining a nice continuous flow throughout.

It starts with the creepy first scene taking place in the Albridge Mansion, which creates suspense not only during itself but also later on by leaving us wondering what the ghost looks like. One trend that appears in it and continues throughout the movie is people getting beat up. The tour guide was thrown against a wall and hit by a chair, Martin Heiss is thrown out of a window, and several other people get hurt throughout. It would’ve been more enjoyable if some of that had been left out.

The wide variety of humor presented was good and helped bring a sense of realism to the movie (like how it did in the originals,) and the balance of humor and serious moments was done well. Fun wise the movie does well, although some moments could’ve been played bigger.

Rowan was interesting in that he not only was the villain, but he also carried out his own tasks instead of having a minion, something new for a Ghostbusters movie. Only a minimal amount of time was spent on Rowan which was good as his creepiness was a bit uncomfortable to watch.

The last act has a complicated feel to it where lots of stuff is happening at a time. Slimer has stolen the Ecto-1, Rowan has frozen the army, and the Ghostbusters are battling ghosts in Times Square (which is a cool scene where they get to show off all of the new gadgetry, although the gadgetry itself contributes to the more complicated feel since there are so many different devices.)

It takes a while to resolve, as there are two full scenes after they defeat Rowan, but everything wraps up nicely in the end, with the Ghostbusters ending up in the firehouse and getting full government funding.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Interestingly there weren’t any montages used in Ghostbusters: Answer the Call.

All of the characters were well balanced with none dominating the movie too strongly, and there is a nice camaraderie among them. The acting was good, nobody overacted too much, although in places they probably could’ve dialed it back a hair. It was fun to see the original cast’s cameos.

For the most part low-key lighting was used effectively to create a cinematic mood, and in the first scene it heightens the effect of the horror. During the concert scene they used very strong red lighting that ended up looking unnatural, obscuring all of the actor’s faces.

The color grade looked nice, and didn’t draw attention which many color grades have a tendency to do. The highlights were never blown out, and there were no under saturated shots.

The camera motion was natural and never broke immersion. Considering there were many shots that could’ve easily had unnecessary camera shake, they didn’t use Shaky Cam at all which made the viewing experience quite pleasurable.

Watching the movie in 2D, I couldn’t help but feel that the effects spilling onto the letterbox was at times distracting, and in the case of the Proton Streams it did occasionally break the visual rhythm. For 3D viewing it probably looked extremely cool, like the effects were coming out of the screen.

Intricate detail made the ghosts almost look real (for a lack of a better word.) They blended in with their surroundings better than I initially thought they would, but due to their strong saturation and high contrast they were a bit tiring to look at during times.

The editing went along at a natural pace (never getting slow and boring) except when action would occur, and the cutting would unexpectedly get really rapid for a moment, which upon first viewing was slightly jarring to watch. The technique created a sense of chaos, which may have been what they were going for, but it probably would’ve been more immersive to choose one shot and run with it. Seeing it on second viewing and knowing what would happen, it was much easier to take in.

The score to Ghostbusters: Answer the Call captured the spirit of Elmer Bernstein’s original score, and provided nice emphasis to the visuals throughout without being too boisterous. It never felt like a generic blockbuster score,
Along with the score the sound effects helped to create an atmosphere extending beyond the visual image.

Use of the soundtrack was kept to a minimum and only in the right places, which was good, but it was turned up really loud when it was used.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie, and rate it 8 out of 10 stars.
it was very well made and is a great addition to the franchise.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
And he seemed cool with the idea that the movie takes place in a different universe from the original
To be fair he probably already knew that before he watched because I and most people still couldn't figure out by the end if it was set in the same universe or an alternate one.
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:I really hate the use of shaky cam as in certain circumstances I will get motion sickness. The Bourne Movies are mostly like that for me.

For some they will call it artistic and add motion to a static scene but to me it looks like you pretending that you are in an earthquake zone.
This is one of the reasons I avoided watching the remake of Battlestar Galactica. I saw one episode and it made me feel sick.
MonaLS liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
And he seemed cool with the idea that the movie takes place in a different universe from the original
To be fair he probably already knew that before he watched because I and most people still couldn't figure out by the end if it was set in the same universe or an alternate one.
When I hear reboot, I tend to just assume they mean starting over. And cameos are knowing wink winks to the audience.
Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
You know, now I've seen the movie a couple of times, it makes this clip from the Kimmel appearance even nicer to watch. I mean knowing the original cast had just seen the girls in the movie and all:

Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Detractors really ought to get that OCD checked out. :sigh:

Murray's always been hard to pin down. They weren't even sure from minute to minute if he'd participate in the original movie, lol. So, yeah, do fans seriously thinking he's protesting a movie with girls in it (nevermind he recommended McCarthy or Wiig in the first place)? Or a movie that "erases continuity" (something I can't picture bothering anyone except fanboys)?

Go back to Milo if you want a hero who thinks as you do. :cool: I'll be busy watching this again:

Alphagaia, 80sguy, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote:Here is my review of the theatrical cut of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, a movie that I highly anticipated before its release, more so than any other movie before. An attempt has been made to keep comparisons of the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II to a minimum. Comparisons are hidden behind spoiler tags for those who just don't want to hear them.

The importance of friendship was a theme touched upon throughout. It was most apparent between Erin and Abby who spent much of the movie rebuilding their friendship and trust. Rowan, the main villain, didn’t have any friends and was bullied throughout his whole life, causing him to seek vengeance on the living by summoning the dead.

The Martin Heiss subplot mainly exists to reinforce the theme, by showing that Abby can’t trust Erin, as she advises against opening the trap yet Erin does anyways. Then by having Heiss thrown out of a window the scene ends up feeling like the aim was to segue into the government subplot, in which case they did far more than needed. Upon first viewing this left it feeling like the only unnecessary scene, even though it wasn’t unnecessary.

The friendship theme and the character arc of Erin are resolved nicely, with Erin going to save Abby by jumping into the portal.

The plot was fairly strong and was paced well, it didn’t get slow or take too much time on one joke or detail. The movie gets off to a nice quick start, maintaining a nice continuous flow throughout.

It starts with the creepy first scene taking place in the Albridge Mansion, which creates suspense not only during itself but also later on by leaving us wondering what the ghost looks like. One trend that appears in it and continues throughout the movie is people getting beat up. The tour guide was thrown against a wall and hit by a chair, Martin Heiss is thrown out of a window, and several other people get hurt throughout. It would’ve been more enjoyable if some of that had been left out.

The wide variety of humor presented was good and helped bring a sense of realism to the movie (like how it did in the originals,) and the balance of humor and serious moments was done well. Fun wise the movie does well, although some moments could’ve been played bigger.

Rowan was interesting in that he not only was the villain, but he also carried out his own tasks instead of having a minion, something new for a Ghostbusters movie. Only a minimal amount of time was spent on Rowan which was good as his creepiness was a bit uncomfortable to watch.

The last act has a complicated feel to it where lots of stuff is happening at a time. Slimer has stolen the Ecto-1, Rowan has frozen the army, and the Ghostbusters are battling ghosts in Times Square (which is a cool scene where they get to show off all of the new gadgetry, although the gadgetry itself contributes to the more complicated feel since there are so many different devices.)

It takes a while to resolve, as there are two full scenes after they defeat Rowan, but everything wraps up nicely in the end, with the Ghostbusters ending up in the firehouse and getting full government funding.

All of the characters were well balanced with none dominating the movie too strongly, and there is a nice camaraderie among them. The acting was good, nobody overacted too much, although in places they probably could’ve dialed it back a hair. It was fun to see the original cast’s cameos.

For the most part low-key lighting was used effectively to create a cinematic mood, and in the first scene it heightens the effect of the horror. During the concert scene they used very strong red lighting that ended up looking unnatural, obscuring all of the actor’s faces.

The color grade looked nice, and didn’t draw attention which many color grades have a tendency to do. The highlights were never blown out, and there were no under saturated shots.

The camera motion was natural and never broke immersion. Considering there were many shots that could’ve easily had unnecessary camera shake, they didn’t use Shaky Cam at all which made the viewing experience quite pleasurable.

Watching the movie in 2D, I couldn’t help but feel that the effects spilling onto the letterbox was at times distracting, and in the case of the Proton Streams it did occasionally break the visual rhythm. For 3D viewing it probably looked extremely cool, like the effects were coming out of the screen.

Intricate detail made the ghosts almost look real (for a lack of a better word.) They blended in with their surroundings better than I initially thought they would, but due to their strong saturation and high contrast they were a bit tiring to look at during times.

The editing went along at a natural pace (never getting slow and boring) except when action would occur, and the cutting would unexpectedly get really rapid for a moment, which upon first viewing was slightly jarring to watch. The technique created a sense of chaos, which may have been what they were going for, but it probably would’ve been more immersive to choose one shot and run with it. Seeing it on second viewing and knowing what would happen, it was much easier to take in.

The score to Ghostbusters: Answer the Call captured the spirit of Elmer Bernstein’s original score, and provided nice emphasis to the visuals throughout without being too boisterous. It never felt like a generic blockbuster score,
Along with the score the sound effects helped to create an atmosphere extending beyond the visual image.

Use of the soundtrack was kept to a minimum and only in the right places, which was good, but it was turned up really loud when it was used.

This was a really well written review. I just wanted you to know that. :crunch:
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:
Sav C wrote:Here is my review of the theatrical cut of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, a movie that I highly anticipated before its release, more so than any other movie before. An attempt has been made to keep comparisons of the Ghostbusters: Answer the Call to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II to a minimum. Comparisons are hidden behind spoiler tags for those who just don't want to hear them.

This was a really well written review. I just wanted you to know that. :crunch:
Absolutely, you were amazingly thorough, Sav! I meant to reply the other day, that is interesting that there's no montage. Could it be, have montages finally gone the way of the Rubix cube? :shock:
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:This was a really well written review. I just wanted you to know that. :crunch:
Absolutely, you were amazingly thorough, Sav!
Thank you both so much! It was my first try at reviewing a full movie, so I'm really glad you liked it. :)
I meant to reply the other day, that is interesting that there's no montage. Could it be, have montages finally gone the way of the Rubix cube? :shock:
Maybe, if so hopefully they make a comeback soon.
By featofstrength
Cartman's review from South Park this week:

"Did you like the movie, hon?"

"No, it sucked! I'm gonna send Butters an email right now...
Dude, don't bother with new Ghostbusters. Totally not funny. Chicks ruined it.
Can we get ice cream now? I wanna get the taste of ass outta my mouth."
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:The importance of friendship was a theme touched upon throughout. It was most apparent between Erin and Abby who spent much of the movie rebuilding their friendship and trust. Rowan, the main villain, didn’t have any friends and was bullied throughout his whole life, causing him to seek vengeance on the living by summoning the dead.
Plus you have Holtzmann say she never thought she'd have a friend until Abby. And Patty was pretty devoid of human contact in the subway. There definitely is a theme of finding people after being alone for a long time.
Sav C, Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
Yeah, it definitely is one of the main themes. That and being accepted. Erin twist and turns, but just does not fit in the world she perceives as perfect. She is self destructive and loses her temper when a trolls manages to hit a nerve, and she his nose. (Nosebuster is still a great gag). When I saw the movie two days ago it hit me how close this project comes with Feigs own experiences. Not fitting in, getting trolled and going over the edge, but ultimately finding friends and acceptance.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:Plus you have Holtzmann say she never thought she'd have a friend until Abby. And Patty was pretty devoid of human contact in the subway. There definitely is a theme of finding people after being alone for a long time.
Alphagaia wrote:Yeah, it definitely is one of the main themes. That and being accepted. Erin twist and turns, but just does not fit in the world she perceives as perfect. She is self destructive and loses her temper when a trolls manages to hit a nerve, and she his nose. (Nosebuster is still a great gag). When I saw the movie two days ago it hit me how close this project comes with Feigs own experiences. Not fitting in, getting trolled and going over the edge, but ultimately finding friends and acceptance.
Good points! None of them even really occurred to me. Identifying themes is one of my weakest skills, and was the hardest part of the review to write.
By Alphagaia
Don't sweat it! You hit the nail on it's head so you are better at it then you think.

The parallels between Rowan and Erin are very evident and something I really like as wel.

Two sides of the same coin, with Erin close to giving up her dreams, almost letting the bullies win and resorting to violence and releasing their only proof ghosts exist just because she believes in something others cannot comprehend.

Some people think the Martin Heiss part serves no purpose other than to give Bill Murray a bigger part, but it shows how desperate Erin is for acknowledgement and how close she gets to becoming Rowan by putting everyone in danger and (almost) killing Heiss.
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By pferreira1983
Sav C wrote:[
Thank you both so much! It was my first try at reviewing a full movie, so I'm really glad you liked it. :)
It gets easier the more you do. I did a five page review of the film and that was more like an article analysis/review hybrid, for someone who suffers dyslexia a five page review of the film is quite an achievement.
Alphagaia wrote: When I saw the movie two days ago it hit me how close this project comes with Feigs own experiences. Not fitting in, getting trolled and going over the edge, but ultimately finding friends and acceptance.
I thought the film was more about Feig relying on his insecurities rather than resolving them but I'm glad you saw something different I guess. :)
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Peter33vr
Saw the movie this afternoon at a post Halloween event.

I followed all the Gb3 news since 1998 all the road until the reboot release.
I hoped for every time Aykroyd said "coming out this spring".
I cried when Ramis passed away.
I didn't met with joy the decision to start from scratch instead of continuing an already established universe, but I kept myself mum because I never saw the movie until now.

I think Feig was sincere with his intention to pay homage to the originals and to create something that wouldn't not tarnish the originals legacy.

But, in my humble opinion, he greatly failed.
The movie is not original enough to distinguish himself. Not funny at all....I have to say that I never found Feig movies funny. The CGI looks too fake. I really hope that the next chapter is handled in a different way.

But I don't think that this was Feig will. They tried, they failed (or they made an ok movie). I heard rumors of Sony interfering since middle production.....and in doing so maybe they hijacked Feig original vision.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sony- ... 201904528/

This link could be a sort of confirmation of those rumors.
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote:Don't sweat it! You hit the nail on it's head so you are better at it then you think.

The parallels between Rowan and Erin are very evident and something I really like as wel.

Two sides of the same coin, with Erin close to giving up her dreams, almost letting the bullies win and resorting to violence and releasing their only proof ghosts exist just because she believes in something others cannot comprehend.

Some people think the Martin Heiss part serves no purpose other than to give Bill Murray a bigger part, but it shows how desperate Erin is for acknowledgement and how close she gets to becoming Rowan by putting everyone in danger and (almost) killing Heiss.
Thanks. Even though by the end it end gone away, in the beginning I almost wanted to feel bad for Rowan because of the way he was treated. None of the villains in the first two films made you want to feel empathetic for them, although the terror dogs originally were supposed to be good.

Some time ago I recall Feig saying something about Bill Murray having a great improvisational moment when he came on set. I'm not quite sure what he was referring to, assuming it made its way into the final cut.
pferreira1983 wrote:
Sav C wrote:Thank you both so much! It was my first try at reviewing a full movie, so I'm really glad you liked it. :)
It gets easier the more you do. I did a five page review of the film and that was more like an article analysis/review hybrid, for someone who suffers dyslexia a five page review of the film is quite an achievement.
Wow, I'm impressed. That's quite an accomplishment.
Alphagaia liked this
By Commander_Jim
Just watched the extended cut. I'd say overall its slightly better. Some of the replacement jokes were worse (the Titanic one), others were better (the wig one). The Ozzy cameo is slightly less painful with a reference to Black Sabbath rather than Sharon. I liked the discussion between the Mayor and his assistant about how tandem skydiving works. There were a few more dirty jokes which again makes me wonder if they ever had any idea who they were aiming the movie at. Feig's tweets of 6 year old girls dressed as Holtzman and co. dont really gel with Erin saying "f*ck you" or the discussion of how her boyfriend does it in bed.
It had more character building which was much needed. In particular it filled out Erin's character more and made some of her characters actions more understandable and less random and out of character as in the theatrical cut. Rowan had a little more screen time. Not nearly enough, but every little bit helps. I actually really like the actor and what little we see of the character and wouldnt have minded more of him at all. The scene with Kevin saying he'd decided to be a GB makes his tantrum just before Rowan possesses him make sense.
Overall I thought it had better flow and pacing and improved characterization. It felt like it took more time to breath and tell its story than just throwing jokes at us and the pace was more like the older films. Judging it just in its own right, not as a GB movie but as a modern comedy, Id probably give it a 7/10.
Last edited by Commander_Jim on November 8th, 2016, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Commander_Jim wrote:Feig's tweets of 6 year old girls dressed as Holtzman and co. dont really gel with Erin saying "f*ck you" or the discussion of how her boyfriend does it in bed.
It would if this were an 80s movie. Stupid MPAA...Even stupider parents groups... :roll:
Sav C, GBfan77 liked this
By pferreira1983
Peter33vr wrote:I think Feig was sincere with his intention to pay homage to the originals and to create something that wouldn't not tarnish the originals legacy.

But, in my humble opinion, he greatly failed.
The movie is not original enough to distinguish himself. Not funny at all....I have to say that I never found Feig movies funny. The CGI looks too fake. I really hope that the next chapter is handled in a different way.

But I don't think that this was Feig will. They tried, they failed (or they made an ok movie). I heard rumors of Sony interfering since middle production.....and in doing so maybe they hijacked Feig original vision.
I agree, I used to feel hate but now feel pity over how it turned out. It's true, I do think Feig cared but his decisions were misguided. Too many of those can create a bad finished movie.
Sav C wrote:
Wow, I'm impressed. That's quite an accomplishment.
Thank you, I think you're the first person to mention that, means a lot. :)
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:I do think Feig cared but his decisions were misguided. Too many of those can create a bad finished movie.
More like fans were poisoned against the movie before it was even written.
GBfan77, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
I think the biggest problem was both groups became so headstrong in their prejudice, with their opinions continually clashing and the news spinning anything they got, both groups felt they won after the movie was neither crap or fantastic, but merely ok.
Seeing the behind the scenes stuff however, it's clear to me Feig really wanted this to be special and not political. Ofcourse the later was picked up and inflated out of the many tidbits of information we got, the girl power picture coming to mind, this being one of the most controversial election year for the US.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
More like fans were poisoned against the movie before it was even written.
Nah it was misguided decision making even before that.
SpaceBallz liked this
By GBfan77
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Commander_Jim wrote:Feig's tweets of 6 year old girls dressed as Holtzman and co. dont really gel with Erin saying "f*ck you" or the discussion of how her boyfriend does it in bed.
It would if this were an 80s movie. Stupid MPAA...Even stupider parents groups... :roll:
To be fair, the original wasn't geared towards younger audiences either. What with the suggested Ghost BJ and all.

I've seen the extended cut and it does fix some problems I had with the movie. Specifically with Rowan. I wanted to see more of this character's back story and this delivered.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 3rd, 2017, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: added spoiler tags
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Cyberkorr
So I finally got to watch GB:ATC. I picked up the extended cut from Amazon and sat down to watch.
I ended up watching it three times.

The characters I thought worked really well for the most part. Wiig and McCarthy had a really good chemistry together. As stated by other reviewers, the whole broken/healed relationship vibe really works in this setting.

I felt Leslie Jones was kind of shortchanged in her role. I loved her over the top personality in this movie. It really was a springboard for other gags however, I would have loved to have seen her be more cerebral. In the movie she had obvious extensive knowledge of NYC. Would have loved to seen them explore that or showcase that more.

Kate McKinnon in my opinion stole the show. Holtzman was one of the best characters in the movie. The childlike enthusiasm for her work alongside of the obvious knowledge of the tech was infectious to watch. Some of her quick comedic jabs were just so unexpected, I was caught off guard laughing hysterically at the little things she did in the movie.

Hemsworth, Kevin.... The only character I really found cringworthy. I get the whole dumb blonde act, but this was sooo over the top, I really didn't like him until the end sequence.

Rowan, I would have loved to have seen them give this character a little more depth. As a creepy bad guy, he worked. Just really would have loved to have seen him given just a little more screen time to develop his character more.

Cameos, loved all the cameos of the original cast. I felt they were well placed and subtle enough that as a fan I was happy to see them, and in the movie, they worked great!

Story-wise, I liked the premise of watching these GBs get the business going, the development of the equipment, and even the fact that the whole world was against them. It was a fairly realistic response the world as we know it would have if someone started a "real" Ghostbusters business.

Some of the story towards the end got a little muddy. I felt the government interference, etc could have been more fleshed out, but in the context of the existing story, it worked for entertainment value.

Final battle and the resolution was reminiscent of the original. However, the twist of how they defeated Rowan was unique enough to differentiate itself from the original.

Effects were in my opinion very well done. I could not turn myself away from the ghosts when they were on screen. The energy-glow and see through of the entities worked well in this movie. The Equipment effects, sound FX, were all really done well.

So that's just my thoughts.

Overall an entertaining movie. I would have to compare this to the new Star Trek movies. GB:ATC I would have to take as an "alternative universe" Ghostbusters. While the original remains intact in it's own universe.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By Astyanax
I thought it was a perfectly tolerable flick. I really only had one problem with it, and for me it's a big, big problem: killing the ghosts.

This idea that you can point a gun and blast a ghost to ectoplasm turned what used to be a thoughtful consideration of the science of trapping, containment, environmental concerns, etc. into a shoot-em-up romp in the third act. Suddenly we have shotguns, miniguns, cannons, etc., because all you really need to win the day is a big enough gun. This is wrong on so many levels, completely brainless and stupid, and ruins the whole movie for me.

My 7yo and 9yo kids love it, though. :-/
By Alphagaia
I hear that a lot. I personally never had a problem with them killing a ghost as the OGB Stay Puft by blowing him up as well.
Before that they think they killed Gozer by believing the streams caused a full protonic reversal, so it's not really something that's 'out of character'.
I agree catching it is what we have seen the OGB do the most ofcourse, unless you count the videogame, and I hope their next story focusses more on that aspect as well, as it seems the most reliable way of holding (and study) a ghost (as the comics explain destroying a ghost only temporarely disables it, except for Stay Puft probably.)
By Hairy Biker
Alphagaia wrote:I hear that a lot. I personally never had a problem with them killing a ghost as the OGB Stay Puft by blowing him up as well.
Before that they think they killed Gozer by believing the streams caused a full protonic reversal, so it's not really something that's 'out of character'.
I agree catching it is what we have seen the OGB do the most ofcourse, unless you count the videogame, and I hope their next story focusses more on that aspect as well, as it seems the most reliable way of holding (and study) a ghost (as the comics explain destroying a ghost only temporarely disables it, except for Stay Puft probably.)
There is no next story, Feig said in Novemeber there will be no sequel with this team due to the low finacial returns. Ivan Reitman also confirmed this. There's not going to be a sequel to GB2016.

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]