Morfeusoneiros wrote: (that's why I won't use rivets on this pack. That I'm saving for the next build, with aluminium motherboard and parts).
Looks like I'll be eating those words later today.... Decided to go along and use some of the parts I already have, instead of using more money on replacement parts (cuts down both waiting time and total cost)...

So I'll use these to attach my shell to the motherboard
They're from EJGunth87, and came with all screws and rivets.

Invested in these pliers (only 10 dollars)

Hopefully they'll last long enough to attach the brackets and the xlr-plate to the motherboard.

My son made these for me today:

A Ghosthead in training that one [emoji1]
Last edited by Morfeusoneiros on October 15th, 2016, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You have a talented son!! Can't wait for your updates
Thanks VS. He appreciated that.
He wanted me to make a "surprise" for him, so I came up with this:

Just waiting for the kids to fall asleep, so I can start with the drilling and riveting
Tonights tools

Used the great tutorial by kind2311 on the forums here and took my time getting the brackets and the rivets in the right positions

Clamped the brackets down and drilled the holes etc...
...and got them all on there

Getting there [emoji317] [emoji316]
Got the pack attached to the motherboard on Sunday

This happend on the first tapping, but I drilled it out and got the hole treaded.

Decided to go with some longer screws to make sure it sits tight

Gave the pack, motherboard and the last parts some layers of paint during Monday and Tuesday.

On Tuesday I also finished the resistors on the ion arm and added the tubing
I wanted something a little more durable, than just glue alone, for attaching the tubes, so I found screws that fit snuggly into each tube
Then I drilled holes matching the head of each screw and glued those with araldite
Also twisted the ribbon cable. Left it like this over night

Today I attached the lenses in the cyclotron

I can see the end now [emoji1] [emoji317]
Attached all remaning parts to the shell today, bar the N-filter. Few pictures I'm afraid. Worked like crazy to get it all done.

Cut out a small piece on each side of the ribbon cable to make it sit better in the clamp.

Tomorrow: Stickers
I'm using Spongeface's awesome GBvideogame cyclotron lights, but still wanted the lenses to look red.

Colored each reflector with a light red
and I got the result I wanted

Now they look red when switched off, and change colors accordingly when using the videogame "tech".

Added two speakers to make it sound as good as Spongeface's lights look

Drilled holes in my motherboard and added these speaker grills from eBay

As you can see I also riveted in the charging plate provided by nstevic.

Been test-fitting electronics and have most of it figured out and some is attached

This I had to attach in the shell since it needed to be edged into place

The reflectors are attached to the shell

BTW: Any tips on how to mount the lights so that they sit tight, but can be removed later?

Cut sliths for the wires to run through

And attached some wires with a wire sleeve:

Next up is making a bracket for the blue brick and finding just the right position for the soundboard
Used some left-overs from my cutting plate to make an easy holder for the battery.
Three pieces on the bottom gives room for the zip-ties

Also found the time to drill the hole for the wand hose and treading the ribbon cable through it. Had to cut the pin connector, but I'll fix that as soon as I have the time.

Wand and pack
Venkman's Swagger wrote:C'Mon tell us how excited you got when taking that last picture?!?! :D
Off the charts [emoji1]

Today I delt with the inside:

Used MDF and sheet aluminium to make a holder for my soundboard

Drilled a hole for the volume control

Didn't want it look like everyother knob out there, so I used one of the stickers my son gave me for fathers day last weekend.
I carefully cut out the nuclear logo and placed the rest over the hole

After mounting the soundboard I added the rest of the sticker to the top of the volume control

Also added the TvG Cyclotron lights board and connected all the wires.
The lights are not permanent, just to see how I can fit all inside the shell

Good night [emoji317] [emoji13]
OCP_Model-001 liked this
Now I just need some minor work here and there, but the pack is almost done.

All electronics, expect the cyclotron lights is mounted as it is intended and all
Tested all of the electronics, I really love Spongeface's TvG lights and sounds
https://vimeo.com/192330002

Added the last of the labels

Still need to attach the N-filter and solder the remaining lights for the ventcycle, but I must wait until I have the funds for paint etc.

I really don't have the patience for it, because running around with the pack as it is now is so much fun, I can't wait to use it when it's all done [emoji317]
Been having very little time for my build.
GB Norway had an evening working on our packs (but I ended helping soldiering and not working on my pack...)

My fellow cadet had a Matty thrower and ended up ordering a new thrower from Throwing Chicken. That'll be our next build [emoji1]

Been waiting for parts, but decided to use what I already had:

Finally got the Ion arm attached. Since the wait for the GB II arm took so long, I filled in the extra hole and painted it again instead (also saved me some money)

When I drilled the hole for the loom, the SG shell cracked a little bit. I mended it by making the hole a little bit bigger and filling it in with some bumper fill.

A quick sanding and a light coat of paint and it will be ok.

Thanks.

Working like hell to get it done before a con on Saturday.

Today mostly soldering and getting the N-Filter attached.

Soldered the three LEDs for the venting in the N-Filter and added heat shrink over the connection points.

The spring is a holder for the LEDs inside the N-Filter.

Got the part from the cheap flashlight that I got one of the reflectors from

I cut it down to the right length and wrapped it with electric tape (as seen above).

The N-Filter had a flake of missing paint, so I gave it a quick spray with paint
(In my hall, since it's to cold in my garage to paint there this time of year).

Got the mesh attached and glued in. Used a cut Pringles tube to press it into shape and later hold it while the glue set.

Last I did today was an electronics test before I attached the LEDs inside the N-Filter

Happy with how it turned out

Tomorrow I'll attach the N-Filter, give my pack a quick spray with paint where needed and then it's "done" [emoji15]
Worked like crazy to get it finished for Desucon Pop today. So much that I didn't take any pictures of the prosess, but here it's finished and painted but not attached to the motherboard

Here it is ridning the bus [emoji23]

I got a picture with Batman at the con (He's a member of GB Norway, but his pack is in for repairs).

And my pack won Best Prop at the Drop-in cosplay competition [emoji2]

Strange to have it "done". But atleast I have an award-winning GB Prop [emoji23]
Thanks again, VS. I'll post a video in the near future. Tried a couple of times via Tapatalk and it always fails. Now my youngest is sleeping, so I'll have to do it some other day.
Until then here's some quick photos:

Overheating and venting:

A personal touch:

[emoji4]
Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]