Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By SSJmole
Sav C wrote:I'd really like a sequel to ATC. It would be nice if the original canon was also expanded upon more, with a live action film, although that may be too much to ask for.
Why not both and xmen days of future past it with universes crossing over
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By Kylie Griffin
JurorNo.2 wrote:Jurassic World is a bland, uninspired rehash, loved by an audience who either never saw Jurassic Park, or clearly had no idea why they liked it in the first place.
The irony of this statement coupled with your persistent defense of GB16 is truly mind-boggling.
By Sav C
SSJmole wrote:
Sav C wrote:I'd really like a sequel to ATC. It would be nice if the original canon was also expanded upon more, with a live action film, although that may be too much to ask for.
Why not both and xmen days of future past it with universes crossing over
I'm not sure if I'd like a crossover much, but it could be really cool.
Kylie Griffin wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Jurassic World is a bland, uninspired rehash, loved by an audience who either never saw Jurassic Park, or clearly had no idea why they liked it in the first place.
The irony of this statement coupled with your persistent defense of GB16 is truly mind-boggling.
ATC certainly wasn't bland or uninspired, if that's what you're getting at.

Please be nice to one another. :)
By SSJmole
Kylie Griffin wrote:
To be fair Jurassic park used actual dinosaurs and is heavy on science. Jurassic world has stuff we combined all the dinosaurs to make dragonball Cell! A woman in heels out running a trex. Scifi like vehicles and the tone is more iron man than Jurassic park.

That said I love Jurassic world just because lost word and 3 were so bad that at least thus was fun.
By Kylie Griffin
Sav C wrote:ATC certainly wasn't bland or uninspired, if that's what you're getting at.
The vast majority of negative reviews out there disagree with you.
SSJmole wrote:
Kylie Griffin wrote:
To be fair Jurassic park used actual dinosaurs and is heavy on science. Jurassic world has stuff we combined all the dinosaurs to make dragonball Cell! A woman in heels out running a trex. Scifi like vehicles and the tone is more iron man than Jurassic park.

That said I love Jurassic world just because lost word and 3 were so bad that at least thus was fun.
I understand the complaints about Jurassic World. I, too, scoffed when she outran the T-Rex in high heels. And the scene where the dinosaur escaped its enclosure could've been a lot better.

My comment was in response to JurrorNo2's post about JW being a bland, uninspired rehash that is only loved by people who never saw Jurassic Park or have no idea why they liked it in the first place. Given her outspoken defense of ATC, I found the inconsistency quite amusing.
SpaceBallz liked this
By SSJmole
Kylie Griffin wrote:
Sav C wrote:ATC certainly wasn't bland or uninspired, if that's what you're getting at.
SSJmole wrote:

I understand the complaints about Jurassic World. I, too, scoffed when she outran the T-Rex in high heels. And the scene where the dinosaur escaped its enclosure could've been a lot better.

My comment was in response to JurrorNo2's post about JW being a bland, uninspired rehash that is only loved by people who never saw Jurassic Park or have no idea why they liked it in the first place. Given her outspoken defense of ATC, I found the inconsistency quite amusing.

I understand. I was explaining the never seen or understand part. As GB ATC like it or hate it its not as big a departure from orginal ghostbusters. Jurassic world is so different from Jurassic park. That I can see the case for that.
By Kylie Griffin
SSJmole wrote:
I understand. I was explaining the never seen or understand part. As GB ATC like it or hate it its not as big a departure from orginal ghostbusters. Jurassic world is so different from Jurassic park. That I can see the case for that.
The humor alone, or lackthereof, is a vast departure from the original Ghostbusters. The 1984 movie wasn't a string of bad jokes throughout the entire film. It was just as much horror as it was comedy; and when they did drop a joke, it wasn't in-your-face, lacking any subtlety. ATC has more in common thematically with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion than it does Ghostbusters.
SpaceBallz liked this
By SSJmole
Kylie Griffin wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
The humor alone, or lackthereof, is a vast departure from the original Ghostbusters. The 1984 movie wasn't a string of bad jokes throughout the entire film. It was just as much horror as it was comedy; and when they did drop a joke, it wasn't in-your-face, lacking any subtlety. ATC has more in common thematically with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion than it does Ghostbusters.

That's humor though it changes. As mentioned in other thread sexual predatory humour and ghost head is not funny by todays morals. The new one had the humour in modern comedies and had horror so still same.

Where as Jurassic park was all actual dinosaurs acting as science said they had up till then. Jurassic world has made up dinosaur with predator liking cloaking made up sphere things and more.

To compare it ghostbusters 2016 would be them fighting vampires in a full action movie. It'd be weird but with right script cool.
By JurorNo.2
SSJmole wrote: As mentioned in other thread sexual predatory humour and ghost head is not funny by todays morals.
I don't buy into the narrative that Venkman is a predator. I don't understand why feminist morals have become so oddly conservative in recent years (not saying that's where you're coming from with this). And the ghost head bit is so obviously goofy, it's not worth getting upset over, lol. Plus I appreciate that you used to be able to see more mature jokes in family films. I don't think families have at all benefited from separating out our entertainment so much. The same way families don't eat together at the table as much, I think it's just as sad that they don't watch the same programs anymore. Kids grow up very sheltered and very uninformed of history.

I do think GB84 clearly has ATC beat in the humor department (and if any ATC haters are surprised at me saying this, then they clearly haven't been paying attention ;) ). Though some of that was fixed in the extended cut. It's becoming more and more common with blockbusters that the best bits are left on the cutting room floor. And then studios (not just Sony) wonder why audiences and critics are getting sick of them.
The new one had the humour in modern comedies and had horror so still same.
ATC was great with the jump scares. I honestly never found GB84 scary, not even the librarian scene. GB2 was much creepier with the painting staring at Dana, etc.
Kylie Griffin wrote:ATC has more in common thematically with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion than it does Ghostbusters.
I don't know where this Scooby Doo comparison came from. It just feels like an obvious, go-to insult.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By ZedRage
I've seen fan-made GB films that blow ATC out of the water. Some of them are only 10 minutes, but have more humor and heart in that brief span than the Sony film in it's entirety. Most of them aren't even great, with spotty acting, cheesy effects, and terrible dialogue. But they're FAN films. They're not made by highly paid actors and directors. Making movies isn't their 9-5 job. They're not professionals, which makes some of those films even more impressive given that they're student films AT BEST. I'll watch Return of the Ghostbusters 100 times before I look at ATC again.

If Ghostbusters were to come back as a viable franchise, I envision a de-boot.
Not just go back to the original universe, but really expand on it. What's great about the fan films is they do exactly that, and take the premise that Ghostbusters is a national franchise. Every town in America could have it's Ghostbusters office. There's already a GB cinematic universe from the fans, and it would be simplicity to build on that. I don't know a single GB fan group that would TURN DOWN the chance for a brief cameo in a new GB film. Most of them have Ecto-mobiles, packs, traps, all their own props! Just send out a camera crew, pay the CGI guys to throw in effects, and done!

The concept is sitting and gathering dust, while Sony is still scratching it's head over the movie's box office failure. I think there is hope for this franchise, but not until an exec or a director actually takes the time to sit down and understand what a gold mine exists here. Even from a pure story standpoint, what is Ghostbusters? It's people conquering fear. "I ain't afraid of no Ghost." They use humor, science, technology, resourcefulness, wit and dumb luck to overcome forces that are far beyond their understanding. That has never NOT been successful! Just ask Joss Whedon.

Actually, there's a thought... Did anyone ask Joss Whedon? What's he working on since Avengers 2?
By JurorNo.2
ZedRage wrote:They're not made by highly paid actors and directors.
You mean like GB84 and 89 were?
Not just go back to the original universe, but really expand on it.
Well that I don't mind, I mean that was Aykroyd's original premise.
They use humor, science, technology, resourcefulness, wit and dumb luck to overcome forces that are far beyond their understanding. That has never NOT been successful!
Except this year, when fans decided one fictional story could "erase" another fictional story...Or that women aren't funny...Either way, insanity.
By SSJmole
JurorNo.2 wrote:
SSJmole wrote: As mentioned in other thread sexual predatory humour and ghost head is not funny by todays morals.
I don't buy into the narrative that Venkman is a predator. I don't understand why feminist morals have become so oddly conservative in recent years (not saying that's where you're coming from with this). And the ghost head bit is so obviously goofy, it's not worth getting upset over, lol. Plus I appreciate that you used to be able to see more mature jokes in family films. I don't think families have at all benefited from separating out our entertainment so much. The same way families don't eat together at the table as much, I think it's just as sad that they don't watch the same programs anymore. Kids grow up very sheltered and very uninformed of history.

I do think GB84 clearly has ATC beat in the humor department (and if any ATC haters are surprised at me saying this, then they clearly haven't been paying attention ;) ). Though some of that was fixed in the extended cut. It's becoming more and more common with blockbusters that the best bits are left on the cutting room floor. And then studios (not just Sony) wonder why audiences and critics are getting sick of them.
Oh I agree. He's still my favourite but I mean today's morals he's way to forceful that people would get upset. That's why i think Erin trying to hit on Kevin was actually better as she was not forceful and was more adorkable in her efforts. Ghost head was funny it still is.

The problem is with the internet and people today had ghostbusters come out now people would use both of those things as reasons not to see it. It's like after man of steel how much hate wad there because "superman shouldn't kill" but he has killed zod in both comics and orginal movies at least he had a reason.

One tiny thing and the internet explodes like with ghostbusters "noooo nerds have nothing left now" yeah nothing except every big film lol

That's why i think 84's humour is great love it but by today's standard it sadly wouldn't fly. Like people still claim patty is racist compared to wintston ...but she helped the team and felt like more of the group.

My point was just different times , different comedy but still comedy.
By JurorNo.2
SSJmole wrote:That's why i think Erin trying to hit on Kevin was actually better as she was not forceful and was more adorkable in her efforts.
I love do her not wanting to "waste" the coffee, lol.
It's like after man of steel how much hate wad there because "superman shouldn't kill" but he has killed zod in both comics and orginal movies at least he had a reason.
Yeah I mean, Superman II is as wholesome as you can get, but I don't know how you can argue he didn't kill Zod, at least in the theatrical cut, lol.
One tiny thing and the internet explodes like with ghostbusters "noooo nerds have nothing left now" yeah nothing except every big film lol
Lol, thank you, exactly!
Like people still claim patty is racist compared to wintston ...but she helped the team and felt like more of the group.
Those were the same a**holes who didn't blink an eye when Jones was being attacked (with racist posts) on Twitter, and even often cheered it on. They didn't care about racism, they just wanted to attack anything and everything about ATC.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on December 9th, 2016, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSJmole liked this
By Sav C
Kylie Griffin wrote:
The positive reviews agree with me. :)

To be honest I haven't trusted anyone else's review (besides mine) since I found out about this right here:
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
By goldenhawk
SSJmole wrote:
Kylie Griffin wrote:

True. F-busters was not a big departure from the original GB. That is because it stole ideas from the original GB as well as episodes of the RGB cartoon. And there are a lot of RGB cartoons that were funnier and better written than F-busters.
By SpaceBallz
Kylie Griffin wrote:
By 80sguy
DarkSpectre wrote:Disney should buy Ghostbusters and get Spidey back fully and move on from there.
That's only IF Sony decideds to sell it, and I seriously doubt they would. Ghostbusters is one of the biggest properties they actually own.
By SSJmole
80sguy wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Disney should buy Ghostbusters and get Spidey back fully and move on from there.
That's only IF Sony decideds to sell it, and I seriously doubt they would. Ghostbusters is one of the biggest properties they actually own.
I hope they don't as they own enough no one should own all the big brands
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By groschopf
I kind of admire some of the optimism on display here. I don't see why any director or actor wanted get anywhere near the Ghostbusters franchise at this point. It's toxic.

Whether you were in favor of the new film or not and regardless of your pet arguments, other talent that might have been interested in a Ghostbusters project saw:
• the studio hacked
• the director relentlessly trolled online
• an key actor hacked and humiliated
• the film ripped apart in every comment thread on the internet
• "meh" results at the box office after everything they had to put up with

Who wants to sign up for something that generated so much derision and harassment with so little reward? There was no end to atrocious abusive simply consigned to the generic term "Ghostbusters fans." I doubt that many there are many people in the entertainment industry chomping at the bit to work on anything Ghostbusters related after all of that.

Maybe some contracts were already in the pipeline and in progress, but don't hold your breath.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Kylie Griffin
groschopf wrote:I kind of admire some of the optimism on display here. I don't see why any director or actor wanted get anywhere near the Ghostbusters franchise at this point. It's toxic.

Whether you were in favor of the new film or not and regardless of your pet arguments, other talent that might have been interested in a Ghostbusters project saw:
• the studio hacked
• the director relentlessly trolled online
• an key actor hacked and humiliated
• the film ripped apart in every comment thread on the internet
• "meh" results at the box office after everything they had to put up with

Who wants to sign up for something that generated so much derision and harassment with so little reward? There was no end to atrocious abusive simply consigned to the generic term "Ghostbusters fans." I doubt that many there are many people in the entertainment industry chomping at the bit to work on anything Ghostbusters related after all of that.

Maybe some contracts were already in the pipeline and in progress, but don't hold your breath.
I don't think the reputation of Ghostbusters fans has been tarnished at all. The reaction you saw went far beyond the fan community, unless you're considering anyone who ever liked Ghostbusters '84 a "fan." There is nothing toxic about the community. You would've seen the same reaction from any fan base in similar circumstances. If other directors, actors, or writers out there don't have the cognizance to understand what was really going on with Sony deleting comments from YouTube and deliberately painting a false narrative, along with the director and cast members denigrating fans who didn't support their movie, etc. then those entities should avoid the property as well. The fans don't have anything to be ashamed about. Sony is the one who f**** up on multiple levels.
By Alphagaia
So in other words, because there were some guys interpretating Feig comments to include all fans instead of only the trolls, the leaks being vague at best and some people saying Sony was deleting only reasonable comments, of which we don't have any definite proof, it's allowed for people, who are definitely not fans, to hack the account of Lesli, troll Feig for months on end and generally attack anyone who dared to look forward to the movie?

I think it's really pedantic to simply wash your hands and say it's allowed because you don't agree with their decisions and they deserved it.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kylie Griffin
Alphagaia wrote:So in other words, because there were some guys interpretating Feig comments to include all fans instead of only the trolls, the leaks being vague at best and some people saying Sony was deleting only reasonable comments, of which we don't have any definite proof, it's allowed for people, who are definitely not fans, to hack the account of Lesli, troll Feig for months on end and generally attack anyone who dared to look forward to the movie?

I think it's really pedantic to simply wash your hands and say it's allowed because you don't agree with their decisions and they deserved it.
I don't think any of that, to a reasonable person, should reflect on the Ghostbusters fan community. They were individuals doing their own bidding.

Why is it that so much fuss is made about Milo's comments toward Leslie Jones while everyone ignores all of her racist tweets over the years?

Last edited by Kylie Griffin on December 11th, 2016, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SSJmole
I do see why it's tarnished though. I've been a fan of ghostbusters all my life but not I am actually embarrassed and ashamed to call my self one now as even if some want to bury their head in sand the hatred that spewed over 2016 IS bad and it HAS ruined the fandom in the eyes of most.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By SpaceBallz
SSJmole wrote:I do see why it's tarnished though. I've been a fan of ghostbusters all my life but not I am actually embarrassed and ashamed to call my self one now as even if some want to bury their head in sand the hatred that spewed over 2016 IS bad and it HAS ruined the fandom in the eyes of most.
Yet you and a few others continuously post here and berate other fans (Juror I'm looking at you). If you feel you need to be a closeted Ghostbusters fan then please, kindly see yourself out. You guys are part of the GB fandom too, just because a few bad apples made media attention and you feel that the entire fanbase is to blame because a majority didn't like the reboot doesn't mean you can step aside and say "I'm a Ghostbusters fan but not really because those other guys are horrible."
Kylie Griffin liked this
By SSJmole
SpaceBallz wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I do see why it's tarnished though. I've been a fan of ghostbusters all my life but not I am actually embarrassed and ashamed to call my self one now as even if some want to bury their head in sand the hatred that spewed over 2016 IS bad and it HAS ruined the fandom in the eyes of most.
Yet you and a few others continuously post here and berate other fans (Juror I'm looking at you). If you feel you need to be a closeted Ghostbusters fan then please, kindly see yourself out. You guys are part of the GB fandom too, just because a few bad apples made media attention and you feel that the entire fanbase is to blame because a majority didn't like the reboot doesn't mean you can step aside and say "I'm a Ghostbusters fan but not really because those other guys are horrible."
That's WHY i post here. The older boards I use for multiple subjects it feels bad saying "no the fandom isn't a bad one that's why ignored the bullying cause it was ok as we don't all feel that"

I'm not blaming the fanbase as such BUT there should have been more to stop the toxic hate. People around here use the force awakens to show why ghostbusters atc sucks but look at the star wars community. People started acting bad over episode VII and people including those who hated it united against it. The 501st did marches with women. Fans showed off their love of Liea and Padme ect..

Cut to ghostbusters and what did fandom do? Ignored it or sided with the bullys said "so its for men anyway" or more that didn't feel united against hate.

I thought hey its a ghostbusters fandom group they'll understand more but even here if you like ATC your seen as lesser or Saying your point of view on a subject is "berating". I think the ghostbusters fandom use to be good yes but it doesn't make me feel less dirty saying I like it in other situations because of the hate that has spread and just been ignored or worse sided with!
By JurorNo.2
SSJmole wrote:
Cut to ghostbusters and what did fandom do? Ignored it or sided with the bullys said "so its for men anyway" or more that didn't feel united against hate.
Not to mention, when the original cast showed support for the ATC cast, they were called traitors and worse. You wouldn't believe the types of comments left on their social media by "fans." Yes I know, they're well paid celebrities, they'll survive, lol. And they probably (hopefully) didn't even read that stuff. Still reflected very badly on the fanbase. They ought to have been proud of their heroes for showing some genuine class and taking a stand against bullying. Instead, these "fans" utterly turned on them. Suddenly Milo Yiannopoulos became the hero of wayward Ghostheads everywhere, lol. If they could have retroactively replaced him as the star of GB84, they would have. :roll:

I think these fans thought they were on some grand crusade against reboots. They thought they were saving the franchise. Instead, they pretty much poisoned it with their constant, mean spirited negativity. It's not a lost cause, but a little insight would be nice going forward.
SSJmole, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By Kylie Griffin
You, Juror No2. and Alphagia might feel that way, but I've not seen anything suggesting the general public views Ghostbusters fans that way.
By JurorNo.2
Kylie Griffin wrote:
You, Juror No2. and Alphagia might feel that way, but I've not seen anything suggesting the general public views Ghostbusters fans that way.
I think the general public agrees that what happened to Jones was both shocking and disgusting (something this fanbase can't even seem to agree on, sadly). That certainly helped reinforce the "man baby" image. People were utterly heart sick over it on social media. The general public watches SNL every week and she has a lot of fans.

Of course, most people have other things to worry about in life than what fandoms are doing, hehe.

You know what bothered me a lot. On YouTube you can find that clip where Aykroyd took the trolls to task. Of course most of the comments were "fans" attacking him for it. And not one of them seemed to have even listened to the rest of the interview, where he mentioned that he wears shades a lot these days due to an eye problem. You'd think such news would be distressing to GB fans. But not a one of them brought it up; they were too busy being offended on behalf of trolls. Of course, I can give them the benefit of the doubt; maybe they didn't listen to the rest of the clip. Still, it does show how screwy the fanbase's priorities have been lately.
Sav C liked this

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]