Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Straight out of the 2016 film starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth, the “Answer The Call” Ghostbusters make their comic book debut in March in a new comic called Ghostbusters 101 according to the Diamond website which has just updated.

From Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado, Ghostbusters 101 sees the original movie Ghostbusters travel to an alternate dimension to meet up with the new movie Ghostbusters and deal with a Secret Wars-style incursion event. And, well, bust some ghosts.

more info:

On the big screen, we’re never going to see the classic Ghostbusters team partner up with the crew from the latest movie. But anything can happen in comics, so the Avengers moment of the Ghostbusters world is taking place in a new miniseries starting next March.

Revealed as part of IDW’s latest list of solicitations, Ghostbusters 101—by Erik Burnham with art from Dan Schoening—will see the original team head back to their academic careers... only for their first batch of students to rip a hole in space and time into the universe occupied by the “Answer the Call” Ghostbusting team. Naturally, hijinks of the supernatural sort will occur from there, necessitating that Egon, Ray, Winston, and Venkman team up with Holtzmann, Erin, Patty, and Abby.

It’ll be the first time IDW has gotten their hands on the characters of the new movie after years of series based on the classic team. Only time will tell if it could lead to the new crew getting a comic of their own, but for now, it’s cool to have them palling around with the original team, an adventure we’re unlikely to ever get on the big screen. Ghostbusters 101 #1 is set to hit shelves on March 22, 2017.

Last edited by Alphagaia on December 21st, 2016, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, JurorNo.2, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
To Venkman: Hey, didn't we kinda throw you out of a window...?

To Winston: Are you still looking for that car?

To Stantz: I knew it, you were spying on us!

To Spengler: O man, I know you. You-you died. There was a ceremony because you were super famous and we all cried. Like a lot. Such a big loss to our community. It took forever to get us going again. You don't know how happy I am to see you...!
Sav C, JurorNo.2, EgonBuster liked this
Peter33vr wrote:"I’ve always wanted to meld the two worlds, said Ivan Reitman. It would be great fun to see them all together for the first time and I think it’s important for the future that we bring it back into a single universe.”

As in: thanks Paul, you tried. I'll carry on from there.
Yeah I do get the impression Reitman was the one who wanted to tie the two groups together and Feig got hung up on the idea that the girls should invent their own equipment. Plus he didn't want to invite comparisons (I don't blame him for that). I will enjoy a cross over more. I just will never understand the fans who freaked out so much over it.
Alphagaia, Sav C, lozbloke and 1 others liked this
Well this way, they both got what they wanted.

I think it's the best solution: you can have any GB team go on adventures in their own dimension, but you can connect them whenever you feel like it.

According to Venkman, and past reference, it's easy peasy to open a dimensional door!
Last edited by Alphagaia on December 21st, 2016, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, Kingpin, JurorNo.2 and 1 others liked this
Peter33vr wrote:"I’ve always wanted to meld the two worlds, said Ivan Reitman. It would be great fun to see them all together for the first time and I think it’s important for the future that we bring it back into a single universe.”

LOL!! Yeah I kind of get that impression too. ;). I think of all the ways to potentially bring the worlds together the IDW comic is the most satisfactory solution. It's hard to not get excited when looking at the sub cover with Egon and Holtzman next to the Classic Ecto 1 Back to the Future style. :)

This definately answers the "What lies ahead for the franchise?" question.

No matter how some of us felt about the reboot, the Franchise will survive and WILL go on.

Again great time to be a Ghostbusters fan. More comics coming, Animated series, Animated feature film and possibly many more projects down the pipeline. Strap in guys I think we are in for a fun ride. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Straight out of the 2016 film starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth, the “Answer The Call” Ghostbusters make their comic book debut in March in a new comic called Ghostbusters 101 according to the Diamond website which has just updated.

From Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado, Ghostbusters 101 sees the original movie Ghostbusters travel to an alternate dimension to meet up with the new movie Ghostbusters and deal with a Secret Wars-style incursion event. And, well, bust some ghosts.

more info:

On the big screen, we’re never going to see the classic Ghostbusters team partner up with the crew from the latest movie. But anything can happen in comics, so the Avengers moment of the Ghostbusters world is taking place in a new miniseries starting next March.

Revealed as part of IDW’s latest list of solicitations, Ghostbusters 101—by Erik Burnham with art from Dan Schoening—will see the original team head back to their academic careers... only for their first batch of students to rip a hole in space and time into the universe occupied by the “Answer the Call” Ghostbusting team. Naturally, hijinks of the supernatural sort will occur from there, necessitating that Egon, Ray, Winston, and Venkman team up with Holtzmann, Erin, Patty, and Abby.

It’ll be the first time IDW has gotten their hands on the characters of the new movie after years of series based on the classic team. Only time will tell if it could lead to the new crew getting a comic of their own, but for now, it’s cool to have them palling around with the original team, an adventure we’re unlikely to ever get on the big screen. Ghostbusters 101 #1 is set to hit shelves on March 22, 2017.

Now I just need Ash vs Evil Dead to do a crossover with Evil Dead 2013 and then my life well be complete. :love:
philmorgan81 wrote:

LOL!! Yeah I kind of get that impression too. ;). I think of all the ways to potentially bring the worlds together the IDW comic is the most satisfactory solution. It's hard to not get excited when looking at the sub cover with Egon and Holtzman next to the Classic Ecto 1 Back to the Future style. :)

This definately answers the "What lies ahead for the franchise?" question.

No matter how some of us felt about the reboot, the Franchise will survive and WILL go on.

Again great time to be a Ghostbusters fan. More comics coming, Animated series, Animated feature film and possibly many more projects down the pipeline. Strap in guys I think we are in for a fun ride. :):):)
Reitman said that live action movie is being written too and it's coming along really well. He even hinted that his Ghostbusters Alive Again approved script can be used in the future.

Nice to hear that IDW is working with Ghost Corps, they should be tasked with ideas for the Cinematic Universe.

Oh, I wonder how Feig feels about this Collusion of Universes. When asked for explanation for the Zuul bit he said: "it's a little easter egg. I didn't devised my movie for the old Ghostbusters to jump out from a dimensional portal from another dimension".

Now:
- Reitman and Ghost Corps working to keep the Ghostbusters Franchise as a single entity as possible.

-IDW actually finding a way to do it. People are excited.

-Feig wanting to do his own thing ignoring an established universe. Mixed reactions at best.

Are we still sure Feig was REALLY the right man to relaunch Ghostbusters?
Paul probably has given his blessings as he invented the characters, but let's give that it's own thread if you want it answered so badly! I fear that it will go a dark path soon enough, though.

It's nice to see a thread where most of us seem to look forward to GB again!
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
Peter33vr wrote:Are we still sure Feig was REALLY the right man to relaunch Ghostbusters?
Nobody else that was asked was interested enough or wanted to take on the mantle, even Feig was initially reluctant. It wasn't so much a matter of him being chosen out of a field of willing candidates as he was pretty much the only person who was successfully convinced to take on the project.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Peter33vr wrote:Are we still sure Feig was REALLY the right man to relaunch Ghostbusters?
Nobody else that was asked was interested enough or wanted to take on the mantle, even Feig was initially reluctant. It wasn't so much a matter of him being chosen out of a field of willing candidates as he was pretty much the only person who was successfully convinced to take on the project.
Paul Feig is also an accomplished comedy director, so was a very strong choice for the reboot.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
Peter33vr wrote:You're right, so I'll change my question:

Given how well this news was received, was the then Sony`s Heads the right people to make decisions about Ghostbusters future?
Yes and no. Yes, I do think they goofed by not tying the two universes together. At the same time, they couldn't have predicted the uncalled for hostility from the fanbase. (That's all I'll say; like Alpha said, this thread is about some good news. ;))
Sav C liked this

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]