Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By dallocco
Hello all, my name is Dave and live in Nebraska. I am new to this site and not sure how it works yet so bare with me. I have got on this site for a few reasons but one in-particular... my kid. I have a 3 year old son who now loves ghostbusters. All he wants to do is see the Ecto-1 and meet a ghostbuster and own a proton pack and fight ghosts. LOL! I want to be able to take him to see an Ecto-1 somewhere but not sure where to start or how to find one? Does anyone here know if there is a list of places or conventions or upcoming dates or knows any fans that have one near Omaha, Nebraska or the Iowa area that I could take him to see? Or are there any list or dates of any ghostbusters fans or cosplayers that dress up that I could take him to meet sometime?

I have always been a fan of the Ghostbusters movies and cartoon show growing up as a kid but I never really became a hard core die hard fan or collector of anything due to... well, life and money etc. I have always admired the cosplayers and loyal fans that I see that take great care and consideration in making props and replicas. I am now an adult with a kid of my own who now loves the nostalgia that I grew up with. He is 3 and he loves the original ghosbusters movie and the real ghostbusters cartoon show that I grew up with. He has the love for the franchise that I did when I was young and it is so cool seeing things through his eyes. I found this site becuase he has re-kindled my inner child and I want to be able to take him places and let him see the car or meet the fans or cosplayers and make him have great memories.

If anyone could point me in the right direction of lists, or dates of any kind of ghostbuster related event I would be much appreciated. Thank you. -Dave
By abaddon5
Hello! The best course of action you can take (in my experience) is Facebook. There are Ghostbusters groups in quite a few larger cities and some of the people own Ectos. Also, the user Sephiroth makes a smaller-scale proton pack replica kit. You can find him on Facebook at Fincher Industries. You can also find plenty of blueprints for packs here on the site. Or, barring all of that, making a pack is really fun, even if you're just winging it. I've seen YouTube videos on how to make nice, cheap packs. There's one guy who makes a pack for under $100 (just search "how to make a cheap proton pack"- it's a multi-part series). You could even get your son involved with some of the design elements!

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]