By askernas
After seeing countspatulas 3d printed trap on tested, I simply HAD to make one for myself..

I had tons of white filaments left after my BB-8 projects, so this is the colour I used. No biggie as I was planning on properly bondoing and sanding the parts prior to painting.

Parts printed and assembly has started.

For the side panels, I decided to go with thin 0.8 mm aluminiumn, as I can easil score it with a break blade knife and bend it to get precise cuts. Beats cutting with a saw or rotary tool by far! Way more precise as well!

I had 3d printed the side plates as well, to use as guides for drilling.

Raw cut, just sanded the edges...

After spending some time sanding and wet sanding, the finish is looking really good!

Another test fitting prior to painting. Everything must match...

Since I have very little time for fun projects at the moment, I decided to shell out for countspatulas deluxe kits on his etsy shop. I figured it didn't hurt to sponsor the creator of these great files either.

Here's the almost finished look. Red cap is still only placed losely on top at this point (hence it moved position when turning the trap around)...

The weight is really low at this point. The assembly is complete, but I have still to add electronics to the trap at this point. I have most things needed at home, but still need a few more tiny sprockets to get the trap doors to open properly.

... and here it is with the (still un painted) trap pedal.
I've placed a small remote control inside the pedal and pulled wires from the button to the switch inside, saving myself the hassle of modifying the cable and connectors ... for now =)

Just a quick test...
https://vimeo.com/197082588
robandliv, xoff00, OCP_Model-001 and 1 others liked this
By askernas
The printer I use is a Makergear M2. 4 years old and upgraded a lot.
However, there are many printers that are good out there, it is just a matter of learning what makes your printer work and provide good results for you =)
By askernas
Hi!
Sorry for late reply, been busy with my daughter.
Technically I can, yes, I'll need to check my print log on how long it took to actually print.. =)

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]