Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
A montage would have been a good product placement for the logo. As the girls got popular busting ghosts they are offered a cereal tie in. You see the cereal ad's with the GB logo through out the city during their cases. When they meet Slimer he is looking for a prize in a cereal box raiding a 7-11.

That would have been another excuse to have GB logo themed slurpee cups. Could have shown the girls drinking out of them through out the film. would have been a good call back to the mug and balloons in GB2.

That would have been no brainer product placement. Why they didn't do something like that we'll never know.
timeware wrote:A montage would have been a good product placement for the logo. As the girls got popular busting ghosts they are offered a cereal tie in. You see the cereal ad's with the GB logo through out the city during their cases. When they meet Slimer he is looking for a prize in a cereal box raiding a 7-11.

That would have been another excuse to have GB logo themed slurpee cups. Could have shown the girls drinking out of them through out the film. would have been a good call back to the mug and balloons in GB2.

That would have been no brainer product placement. Why they didn't do something like that we'll never know.
Well, they did not do cereal tie ins (lol) because there was a whole plotpoint of the government funding them as long as they kept it secret, but them becoming famous is all still possible for other stories.

Perhaps they wanted to have a montage where you see them tackling that spectral polar bear and the other sightings over town that ultimate in them finding the leylines, but it could have been scrapped because of money. I remember Rothman decreasing the budget a bit after he was on. Perhaps it was this?

GB:ATC only deals with half their corporate storyline of the first movie if you look at how established they are. It's only at the end they get the firehouse and the first version of the containment unit.
Maybe the IDW comic will touch upon their future business plan if they have any desire to do so?
In a way the GB84 did it more for the money while the girls are doing it more for the science. So there is a difference in how they handle that end.
Sav C liked this
Well, they did not do cereal tie ins (lol) because there was a whole plotpoint of the government funding them as long as they kept it secret, but them becoming famous is all still possible for other stories.

Perhaps they wanted to have a montage where you see them tackling that spectral polar bear and the other sightings over town that ultimate in them finding the leylines, but it could have been scrapped because of money. I remember Rothman decreasing the budget a bit after he was on. Perhaps it was this?

GB:ATC only deals with half their corporate storyline of the first movie if you look at how established they are. It's only at the end they get the firehouse and the first version of the containment unit.
Maybe the IDW comic will touch upon their future business plan if they have any desire to do so?
In a way the GB84 did it more for the money while the girls are doing it more for the science. So there is a difference in how they handle that end.
There was a lot of marketing opportunities that they missed. I honestly believe that ecto Cooler wasn't planned on being spread out across the country like they had promised. I think they wanted to copy the pepsi perfect fiasco which got a lot of coverage in 2015.

While Pepsi made good on re releasing the bottles they allowed the e-bay scalpers to get away with buying them and hiking up the price to nearly $800 bucks a second time. It would have been awesome if they allowed pre orders and order limits. Although I think it's funny that a Pepsi Perfect bottle is now the same price as a Proton Pack.
timeware wrote:A montage would have been a good product placement for the logo. As the girls got popular busting ghosts they are offered a cereal tie in. You see the cereal ad's with the GB logo through out the city during their cases. When they meet Slimer he is looking for a prize in a cereal box raiding a 7-11.

That wouldn't really gel with the motivations of the ATC crew, though (if we're talking in-universe motivations). For Abby and in most cases Erin, it was always about being proven to be legitimate in their field of science, doing commercials for cereal and slurpee cups would've only served to trivialise/undermine their effort to make their field a respected one. You wouldn't take a nuclear physicist seriously if they were advertising a range of golf clubs. :)
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
timeware wrote:Hadn't seen that video yet. Good find. This is why I compared Anita and Feig to Al Sharpton. Snake oil salesmen jumping on whatever ambulance they can find that will take them to their next dollar.
Yep and people fall for it every time. They seem to live in their own little reality which I find sad.
Kingpin wrote:I don't expect him to be first in line on opening day, but if memory serves he stated that he'd had a lot of people asking if he'd be reviewing the film, he knew plenty of people would be interested to know his feelings on it. I can appreciate him not wanting to see it, but it just seemed like such a contrary decision to not review it, and to post a whole video explaining his reasons, rather than a short typed statement, when he is known for being an internet reviewer, rather than knuckling down and just watching it.
Who cares if he got requests? He doesn't have to keep making videos if he doesn't want to. He would only be adding fuel to the fire otherwise. He did the right thing by politely saying he wasn't going to review it because the film wasn't for him. I can see where he's coming from a new Ghostbusters movie meant a lot to him.
Kingpin wrote:Nothing, but I wasn't talking about James. You'd made a remark about "feminists" having entitlement over him reviewing the film,
The problem there is most of these feminists have no interest in Ghostbusters apart from its political gain therefore they have no entitlement.
Kingpin wrote:Well, you don't actually know that. I don't know that either. :) We've had comic developers, toy representatives and production staff members from the video game here now and in the past, you never really know who's on here when they're cloaked with a screen name pseudonym. :)
As long as it's good criticism and not just "it sucks" they shouldn't feel offended. Anyway creative people involved would know to take criticism on board and not feel offended by it. Also I have no power so I don't think anyone should be worried my views will be latched onto by others. :)
Kingpin wrote:A conspiracy being popular doesn't mean all of it is real, or that many of its followers aren't incredibly gullible.
Some conspiracies turn out to be true as well. But this isn't a conspiracy as it's pretty clear what was going on behind the scenes. Also you and others talk about how feminists have no control over anything, that they aren't going to take over the world, that it's all in our minds yet we get stuff like this:

JurorNo.2 wrote:In related news, Empire magazine (UK movie publication) just declared Leslie Jones, "a laudable example of how to deal with [online harassment], a hero both with a proton pack and without."

By God...the evil Sony conspiracy has spread overseas!!!! :twisted:
I've always disliked Empire magazine. They're media whores and incredibly arrogant. The way they've treated Star Wars fans in the past was unacceptable as well. Who cares what they think. Having said that I don't think Jones handled it at all well.
JurorNo.2 wrote:I will say, a LOT of the detractors seemed to be paranoid MRAs, convinced that feminism was taking over the world and the mere mention of women or minorities was automatically "political correctness run amok." And its no secret that they congregate on YouTube.
A lot of people congregate to YouTube, myself included. I find all sorts of wackos taking issue with what I have to say but feminists don't really do favours for themselves:

JurorNo.2 wrote:
"You are, quite literally, the most retarded person i have ever encountered on the internet. It's hard to believe that somebody like you exists. That somebody can be as naive and as ignorant as you are is astounding. Face facts. The new movie was no damn good and was a complete failure. It will be remembered in the same breath as the Star Wars Holiday Special as one of the worst atrocities ever committed against a franchise."
I am not at all interested in being reunited with such "fans."
Ha, ha! I'm sorry this made my day. That'll teach you Juror to hang around on Reddit where all the crazy people go. :lol:
timeware wrote:That's bull shit. Did you report the sender? You would be in your rights to defend yourself. Personally I wouldn't give that ass hat the time of day. I'd report them to the owner of the site and if they don't follow up i'd leave that forum.
Nah, I get this stuff all the time from people on YouTube mostly from thick people who assume they know me through their own paranoia. Sometimes it's best to step away from the computer and just talk to someone socially. They literally have nothing else better to do so they'll keep causing trouble for you.
JurorNo.2 wrote:I'm not a man, yet I have never had any problem identifying with male characters. If some men are incapable of identifying with female characters, that is entirely their own problem.
I can just imagine what life is like for the 33 year old female at the cinema:
pferreira: Hey Juror ever been mistaken for a man?
Juror: No. Have you? :lol:
JurorNo.2 wrote:And this paranoia that white men are being excluded is exactly the rhetoric Trump fed in to. The Dems were always being accused of ignoring white men for identity politics.
Not totally paranoia if you're a radical feminist like Anita Sarkeesian and her cronies since they hate white males.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Ehhhh, I really wish I could agree. But there were virtually no character moments in Rogue One.
I found it a better movie than The Farce Awakens. It had a better written and acted female but it still wasn't a terrific film. I rate it higher than TFA but lower than Revenge of the Sith.
Alphagaia wrote:Well, they built an Ecto container at the end so they are planning on catching a lot more, and the old GB needed one earlier, and it blew up, but why does it have to be a pissing contest?
Hey hey, no urination is allowed on this forum. :oops:
HunterCC liked this
Ohhh twitter...if it's one thing I can count on for juvenile entertainment, it's Feig's and Trump's twitter feeds.

HunterCC, Peter33vr liked this
GBATC came out what, six months ago now? Why are we still being so f****g mean to each other over it, especially when we never should've been mean to each other in the first place? Either you loved it, hated it, or were in between, but that's no reason not to be nice about it!
Last edited by Sav C on January 23rd, 2017, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
Piers Morgan is an insufferable fame whore. Looking at his Twitter feed makes my skin crawl. He makes fun of people for having less Twitter followers than him. He "won" celebrity apprentice and he thinks it was like winning a Nobel Prize. I hate that man. I'm not usually one to condone violence but His smug face deserves a hard punch.
HunterCC, Kingpin liked this
Couldn't watch his show for more then three minutes without turning the channel. Never liked the guy, and I really don't believe he has these conservative values all of a sudden due to his anti gun garbage. Wouldn't surprise me if he's behind the Sony leaks in order to rejuvenate his career. (Of course I am joking about him being behind the sony leaks.)
HunterCC liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
ccv66 wrote:Rogue one had a female lead and it did great. Probably because it was a better movie and funnier too. Rogue One is funnier than ATC.
Ehhhh, I really wish I could agree. But there were virtually no character moments in Rogue One. I suspect they were left on the cutting room floor so there's a reason to buy the Blu Ray. But the theatrical version is all exposition dialogue, all action scenes, and I just couldn't get invested. Yeah there's a couple of manufactured Marvel-esque quips, but that's not enough to build a character. There was literally one moment that was exciting to me and it was seeing the rebel fighters trying to get the message through the door before it closed. Somehow those few seconds of suspense had more emotional punch than the entire movie combined. It is partially nostalgia of course and I'm wondering how much longer Disney can milk that cow. Everyone here knows I wasn't happy with Force Awakens...Rogue One has now made me appreciate it more! Lol. In any case, Star Wars is the franchise too big to fail. It will always do great, regardless of content. It's all about hype. Audiences loved Suicide Squad's trailer and therefore made up their minds to love the movie, no matter what the final results. Same thing with ATC, audiences made up their minds to hate it. Audiences are human beings, prone to emotion and bias. Popularity is not evidence of quality. Unpopularity is not evidence of inferiority.
"Did you know that wasn't me!?!?" was hilarious.
SpaceBallz wrote:Ohhh twitter...if it's one thing I can count on for juvenile entertainment, it's Feig's and Trump's twitter feeds.

See, among other bad things this convo, Feig does the same thing he and supporters did in the GB16 controversy.

Morgan is being mean, but not a misogynist, pointing out Feigs political correctness gone wrong. But poor Feig can't handle this criticism so he blubbers "muh soggy knees!!!!!!". Cheapening himself and the issue he tries hiding behind.
timeware, SpaceBallz liked this
For the correct interpretation, Piers started by saying this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/piersmorgan/ ... 6005588992
I'm planning a 'Men's March' to protest at the creeping global emasculation of my gender by rabid feminists. Who's with me?
To which Feig responded with the tweet you see above in Spaceballz post: the

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulfeig/sta ... 1099209728
This is why #WomensMarchOnWashington is so important. To show rabid dickless misogynists that they share this planet with smart real women. https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/ ... 6005588992

to which Piers was responding with the GB retort.

Take that how you will.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 22nd, 2017, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:
That Sony and the makers of GB16 and politicians love demonizing opposition instead of addressing valid criticism? Absolutely.
You can't demonize what was already pretty hellish.
Are people here against GB16 hellish? Are all the people who criticized and/or chose not to see this movie hellish? Was Rolfe or Roper hellish?

Yes, some critics were, but so were some supporters. But like the Feig tweet exchange illustrates, Feig and his ilk keep trying to demonize their opposition instead of address the criticism.
Sav C wrote:Please forgive me as I'm not on Twitter so I don't understand it well, but isn't that Morgan guy tweeting about what Feig said, not the other way around?
You may be right, but crying misogyny is still Feig's "go to" defense in this whole mess. Feig is replying to something.
Alphagaia wrote:He basically says that the Women's March consists of rabid feminists that try to turn men into non-men.
That's what emasculation means, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I had to look the word up.
I think he was joking, but i'm not defending Pierz or Feig. Both are in the wrong here. Pierz is trying to rile people up to get noticed and Paul of course if falling for his bait.

The energy that we saw yesterday with the women's march, where was that excitement when it came to vote? No candidate is a sure thing no matter how much the media says they are. Feig is showing his true colors as only caring for women that share his ideals with his response.
The Womens march did consist of some regular women that didn't support Trump, and a few Trump supporters in their crowd that didn't like what he said on the campaign trail.

The majority of the march was occupied by extreme feminists, and bitter celebrities. They were also organized by union groups, BLM, Code Pink, Modanna. and SeIu. I'm sure I can find a few more groups associated with the democratic party that organized it. The group did consist of mainly feminists, rabid might have been a poor choice of words.

It was peaceful for the most part minus profanity laced chanting, burning garbage cans and littering. I havent seen any videos of flag burning yet.
Alphagaia wrote:He basically says that the Women's March consists of rabid feminists that try to turn men into non-men.
That's what emasculation means, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I had to look the word up.
Yeah, that's pretty-much what it means. He's certainly way off, but I don't think it's misogynistic as he's specifically targeting feminists, not women, at least that's how I interpreted it. Still his comments are for sure wrong.
Few days ago I saw a Ghostbusters 3 that we could have had" trailer.

It was.....inspirational. and very well putted together. It really shows that the only thing who was really wrong was the hard reboot/wipe away the previous continuity angle.

The same cast, even the same jokes worked perfectly when they were given an answer from the original Ghostbusters. I'll find a link.
There was a march here in Toronto Canada to mirror the one in the US. From accounts of friends who were down there the majority were everyday females.

I am sure there were certain groups there pushing their agenda but from the sounds of it they were the minority.

What one of my friends found moving was that there were older women marching. Some were in wheelchairs pushed by equally old women. Some could barely walk but insisted on walking. Quite the statement.

timeware wrote:The Womens march did consist of some regular women that didn't support Trump, and a few Trump supporters in their crowd that didn't like what he said on the campaign trail.

The majority of the march was occupied by extreme feminists, and bitter celebrities. They were also organized by union groups, BLM, Code Pink, Modanna. and SeIu. I'm sure I can find a few more groups associated with the democratic party that organized it. The group did consist of mainly feminists, rabid might have been a poor choice of words.

It was peaceful for the most part minus profanity laced chanting, burning garbage cans and littering. I havent seen any videos of flag burning yet.
Sav C liked this
Remarks like Morgan's tweet, and Trump's "grab them" comment need to be called out for what they are. It may not be out and out "women are an inferior species" misogyny, but they're still sodden with misogynistic rhetoric or attitudes, and it isn't productive to shrug them off as being "a joke".
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]