Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:I think if I appeared in a movie, and my Twitter was constantly being flooded with "Wop" comments, I'd make Jones look like Pollyanna, lol.
Internet trolls would be up in arms if they replaced Hayley Mills with Leslie Jones. Surely you jest? :lol:
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I think if I appeared in a movie, and my Twitter was constantly being flooded with "Wop" comments, I'd make Jones look like Pollyanna, lol.
Internet trolls would be up in arms if they replaced Hayley Mills with Leslie Jones. Surely you jest? :lol:
Um, you know that Keisha Knight Pulliam did a version of the story called Polly, right? It was good, check it out on YouTube!
By JurorNo.2
Well at the moment, the future of Ghostbusters is an all day marathon this Saturday on BBC America! :-D
Sav C liked this
By goldenhawk
Well now. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story crossed the $1 billion mark for box office take over the weekend. Congrats to Disney, Lucasfilm and the Star Wars Community as a whole.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... lly-967106

Any guesses how long it will take the Feigbusters reboot to make $1 billion in box office sales?? Maybe ....like.......never! LOL!
deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
Yet I enjoyed GB:ATC safe for the somewhat simple end battle, while I was disappointed by Rogue One safe for the exciting ending.

Yes, it might be shocking to sone, but even a billion dollar movie can have many flaws and vice versa.
Sav C liked this
By goldenhawk
Alphagaia wrote:Yet I enjoyed GB:ATC safe for the somewhat simple end battle, while I was disappointed by Rogue One safe for the exciting ending.

Yes, it might be shocking to sone, but even a billion dollar movie can have many flaws and vice versa.
Well, money talks. Rogue One was a risk that paid off with $1 billion in ticket sales. Add to that merchandise sales. And now Disney and Lucasfilm move into SW EP 8 - The Last Jedi riding high on success.

Sony and Feigbusters......well all they get is a participation award and this:

http://nypost.com/2017/01/19/sony-is-we ... -business/

Gotta love it.
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
Lol, no Star Wars movie is a risk.

And the People's Choice is not a participation trophy.

Oh and btw...NO RAZZIE NOMINATIONS. :mrgreen:
By Alphagaia
Ghostbusters is stirring with a new cartoon, an animated movie, a big rise in merchandise since 25 years in which the same time Star Wars bloomed, withered and bloomed again.
While GB:ATC was not the pot of gold Sony and GhostCorps hoped, though I'm sure they made money on it in the end, it was also the first step to see how the franchise held up and what direction is the right way forward.
As it is now, people prefer the old or like the new as well.

We can be assholes to each other by rubbing successes of other franchises in our face as if GB has lost it's way, but we are getting more Ghostbusters.
Ivan is listening and GhostCorps is finally creating more stuff, with the new and the old GB by creating one big multiverse.
It's been a long time where we were just living on fumes, but while some are already pleased by the latest movie, more is coming to try and please all the ghostheads.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:Ghostbusters is stirring with a new cartoon, an animated movie, a big rise in merchandise since 25 years
Meanwhile, the "fans" on Reddit down vote any wisp of good news, but are currently cheering on Piers Morgan (can't make this stuff up) for insulting the reboot on Twitter. I guess he's their new Ghostbusters savior since Milo is gone, lol. Negativity is all such "fans" care about now. They aren't interested in new cartoons, movies, comics, merchandise, etc. They want to be left alone in their misery. I can't think of another time when a fanbase has so utterly lost its collective mind. If that's the future they want for the franchise, I am more than happy to cut them off.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Skyknight
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, no Star Wars movie is a risk.
I disagree with you on that one. I say every Star Wars movie is a risk since Episode I came out. Even if it's called Star Wars I can't be really sure anymore if it'll be good or not. I decided that I will not take this risk with Rogue One, because it seems more like a War movie and I hate this kind of movies and don't want exchangeable soldier stories in Star Wars. I'm not gonna watch it, ever! Not even if it's on tv!

And don't get me started on the Clone Wars series. I watched it in the beginning, but everything was so boring and pointless and all episodes felt the same to me! Completely replaceable!

I will watch EPVIII at the end of the year(if I find a theater that gets it in 2D, if not I'll wait for retail) to see what direction they are going with the series(because VII repeated too much old stuff and did not do enough on its own to see any direction on it) and if I'll ever go and see IX will depend on if VIII is any good! If it's not, I might drop Star Wars entirely. And that's coming from someone who's been a fan for over 25 years now and had read a lot of the books and comics that came out in the 90's.
By goldenhawk
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, no Star Wars movie is a risk.

And the People's Choice is not a participation trophy.

Oh and btw...NO RAZZIE NOMINATIONS. :mrgreen:
People's Choice? Oh please. You celebrate one stupid actress award like it was an achievement worthy of landing on the moon. Give us a break and step back to reality.

Any award ceremony not named Oscar, Golden Globe, Emmy or Grammy is second tier. Participation awards!! Second tier awards to hand out as many awards as possible to make everyone feel good. Hollywood knows that.

Face the real cold hard facts, compared to the money flowing into Star Wars, The Marvel Universe and to a certain extent DC, Feigbusters is a loser. It made Ghostbusters into a losing property that Sony is looking to sell their movie division. And this sale will probably become real is all Sony has going for it of late is that stupid Emoji Movie.
By goldenhawk
JurorNo.2 wrote:Have fun giving your money to Mickey Mouse! :mrgreen:
Actually, supporting winning properties like SW and Marvel is all cool with me. Beats hanging my head in shame and feeling stupid when wearing GB gear and props. Hell, I wore my GB gear and props for maybe ten minutes since F-busters came out. It was for a Halloween appearance. Arrived to the event in a GB uniform. Found out that there were SW costumers and didn't show up. Gladly switched to wearing SW costumes for most of the event. The GB stuff now collects dust in the garage and we made a pinata out of the Feig Pack.

For all we know, Disney may be the ones that end up buying the Sony film/movie division.
By JurorNo.2
goldenhawk wrote:Actually, supporting winning properties like SW and Marvel is all cool with me. Beats hanging my head in shame and feeling stupid when wearing GB gear and props. Hell, I wore my GB gear and props for maybe ten minutes since F-busters came out.
Grow up, infant. Nothing about your post says "winner."
By goldenhawk
JurorNo.2 wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:Actually, supporting winning properties like SW and Marvel is all cool with me. Beats hanging my head in shame and feeling stupid when wearing GB gear and props. Hell, I wore my GB gear and props for maybe ten minutes since F-busters came out.
Grow up, infant. Nothing about your post says "winner."
Damn. Can someone say triggered?!

It is as simple as this:

1. Star Wars and MCU are winners. They made a ton of money at the box office and more more in merchandise sales.

2. The F-buster reboot is a loser. Loss money at the box office, has clearance merchandise at Walmart, and rides on the coat tails of the original GB movie in order to claim some type of relevance.

3. Quitting GB and being more involved with the 501st and RL. Why, because they are associated with winning properties. To further push GB into irrelevance, perhaps I can start making Iton Man and War Machine armor and join the East Coast Avengers.

In all her arguments and bickering on here, not once has Juror No. 2 made mention of having a GB costume or making any GB Props. Making uniforms and props is how people come to this site and forum, or at least that is how it was......before F-busters. Makes me wonder if Juror truly fits the definition of a true fan.
By JurorNo.2
goldenhawk wrote:
1. Star Wars and MCU are winners. They made a ton of money
Seriously, are you five? Or a Wall Street banker perhaps? I really have no patience for this today.
In all her arguments and bickering on here, not once has Juror No. 2 made mention of having a GB costume or making any GB Props. Making uniforms and props is how people come to this site and forum, or at least that is how it was......before F-busters. Makes me wonder if Juror truly fits the definition of a true fan.
I can't sew, but if I could, I would never be too embarrassed to wear my uniform. Shame on you, true fan. :cool:
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:I can't sew, but if I could, I would never be too embarrassed to wear my uniform. Shame on you, true fan. :cool:
Sewing by hand is straightforward enough, but I've never quite figured out how to run a sewing machine. It's the two separate spools that throw me off.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I can't sew, but if I could, I would never be too embarrassed to wear my uniform. Shame on you, true fan. :cool:
Sewing by hand is straightforward enough, but I've never quite figured out how to run a sewing machine. It's the two separate spools that throw me off.
Well I guess it's two different spools of thought?
Sav C liked this
By goldenhawk
JurorNo.2 wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:
Seriously, are you five? Or a Wall Street banker perhaps? I really have no patience for this today.
I can't sew, but if I could, I would never be too embarrassed to wear my uniform. Shame on you, true fan. :cool:
Actually, I do have stocks invested in Sony Entertainment through mutual funds. And I would love to have Sony put their movie production department on the chopping block. Wishing I had a direct shareholders vote in the matter, because I would vote to shut it all down or sell the whole department off while it still has some residual value. If the cash flow at Sony Pictures look bad now, wait until that stupid Emoji Movie comes out.

I WAS a tried and true GB Fan. Since the 1990's. Since F-busters was announced, I have truly become ashamed of Ghostbusters. Hence, my GB uniform and Hero Proton Pack now collect dust, and will collect dust from here on out. Thanks to F-busters, the Ghostbusters property is a monetary loser and dead in my book.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
goldenhawk wrote:I WAS a tried and true GB Fan. Since the 1990's. Since F-busters was announced, I have truly become ashamed of Ghostbusters.
That's your prerogative but you have to appreciate when your feelings start leading to actions that are unproductive on the forum. Ashamed to be a Ghostbuster? Think the property's dead? Fair enough, although then it seems a little strange that you then chose to stick around a reminder of what you're ashamed by/consider dead.

I was born in '86 and raised on a steady diet of The Real Ghostbusters. I watched it as religiously as I could up into the 1990s. I like to believe I'm also a tried and true fan (I even put my own costume together), and I liked the reboot.

The thing I've been most ashamed of? How we as a community have been acting the last year.

It's just a damn movie, it's about time we bloody well grew up.

So on that note, I'm levying an ultimatum, go to each other's profiles now and mark each other as a Foe so you can't see each other's posts. If there's no more bickering then there isn't a problem, but if there is then I'm promising there will be a week's vacation for all involved parties.
Skyknight wrote:I decided that I will not take this risk with Rogue One, because it seems more like a War movie and I hate this kind of movies and don't want exchangeable soldier stories in Star Wars.
Please give it a try, it's worth it despite the "war movie" feel you feel it has. It didn't feel incongruous with the other Star Wars films.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin, that's fine, he's blocked. Thank you for the warning.
By Sav C
Kingpin wrote:I was born in '86 and raised on a steady diet of The Real Ghostbusters. I watched it as religiously as I could up into the 1990s. I like to believe I'm also a tried and true fan (I even put my own costume together), and I liked the reboot.
To this day I have only seen a handful of RGB episodes. The first one I saw when I was probably seven or eight, on Teletoon Retro, and it freaked me out quite a bit at the time. It was the episode where they get covered in slime, and then their skin got all lumpy, and in the end the slime gravitated towards Slimer and formed a big huge ghost creature. It may have been Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, come to think of it.

But for ten years or so, up until the reboot came out, my love for Ghostbusters was purely based on the first two films.

Edit: Does anyone have any recollection of the episode I mentioned?
Last edited by Sav C on January 25th, 2017, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Skyknight
Kingpin wrote:Please give it a try, it's worth it despite the "war movie" feel you feel it has. It didn't feel incongruous with the other Star Wars films.
Nope! Not gonna happen! To me Star Wars is all about heroes and villains doing epic things like saving princesses and blowing up Death Stars. Or destroying whole planets in the villains case.

A small group of soldiers stealing secret plans? That's just background information. This should have been a 20 minutes fanfilm at most, I don't need a full movie on stuff like this. I know they'll get the plans and then die. That's their only cause in the SW universe, they only exist to give the heroes crucial information, how to win. No need to sit through a full movie for this.

The same way I don't need a Clone Wars tv show with somewhat likeable but completely exchangeable Clone Troopers, when I already know that at some point they'll turn on the Jedi! Knowing that makes the whole series pointless to me.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Skyknight wrote:Nope! Not gonna happen! To me Star Wars is all about heroes and villains doing epic things like saving princesses and blowing up Death Stars. Or destroying whole planets in the villains case.
Rogue One has plenty of heroes and villains in it, and there's plenty of epic things that happen throughout the course of the film. It's not saving princesses, but it can't always be saving princesses. There are plenty of explosions and destruction. Seriously, I think you're underestimating the film. :) I just wish I could tell you what you're missing, but spoilers.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Meanwhile, the "fans" on Reddit down vote any wisp of good news, but are currently cheering on Piers Morgan (can't make this stuff up) for insulting the reboot on Twitter. I guess he's their new Ghostbusters savior since Milo is gone, lol. Negativity is all such "fans" care about now.
So what if Piers Morgan disliked the new movie? Of course people are going to latch onto that. He has a strong social media presence and the media quotes what he says on a weekly basis. If Reddit annoys you because of the constant negativity get out of Reddit. Join YouTube and comment there. The views towards stuff is more balanced...most of the time anyway.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:
To be fair goldenhawk's sentence is fact. Star Wars and Marvel make tons of money.
Kingpin wrote:I was born in '86 and raised on a steady diet of The Real Ghostbusters. I watched it as religiously as I could up into the 1990s. I like to believe I'm also a tried and true fan (I even put my own costume together), and I liked the reboot.
Yeah well I was born in 83 and was raised on a steady diet of The Real Ghostbusters. I watched it as religiously as I could up into the 1990s and oh...that's more or less the same as you. Sorry... :mrgreen:
Skyknight wrote:A small group of soldiers stealing secret plans? That's just background information. This should have been a 20 minutes fanfilm at most, I don't need a full movie on stuff like this. I know they'll get the plans and then die. That's their only cause in the SW universe, they only exist to give the heroes crucial information, how to win. No need to sit through a full movie for this.
You know what would have been really cool? An adaptation of Dark Forces or at least a reference to Kyle Katarn in Rogue One stealing the Death Star plans. Oh Disney you so messed up. :(
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:Join YouTube and comment there. The views towards stuff is more balanced
If anything YouTube launched the crusade against the movie.
To be fair goldenhawk's sentence is fact. Star Wars and Marvel make tons of money.
That's nice. That's not film analysis.
By Skyknight
pferreira1983 wrote:You know what would have been really cool? An adaptation of Dark Forces or at least a reference to Kyle Katarn in Rogue One stealing the Death Star plans. Oh Disney you so messed up. :(
Like I said before, I didn't really get to play Dark Forces. It's been on the index here in Germany since forever and was nowhere to be found(at that time, if you didn't know someone who had an indexed game and could burn you a copy, you couldn't get the game at all).
The first game of the series I got to play was Jedi Knight. It wasn't until the early 2000's when the internet became more commonly available that I found a burnable iso file of the PS version of DF. But at that time I had already played JK2 and the graphics of DF looked like eyecancer to me. They literally gave me a headache. I also didn't like playing a shooter with the PS controller when I was used to mouse and keyboard. So I stopped playing after 5 minutes.
I'm sure I would have loved the game if I had gotten the PC version in the 90's by the time when I played lots of Duke Nukem 3D(was on the index as well, but somehow still every kid on the schoolgrounds had a copy of it, someone even made a level that looked like our school), but at the time I finally got to play it, it wasn't up to my standards anymore! :(
By goldenhawk
Sony says that Sony Pictures is not for sale.

Good or bad news (depending on whether or not you all like Sony).......Sony is claiming a $1 billion dollar loss.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/asia/sony-w ... 201973089/

The F-busters dumpster fire surely contributed to the $1 billion in losses. Maybe they will begin cutting their losses and shutdown Ghost Corp and sell back Spider-Man to Marvel/Disney. But does Sony really think Sony Pictures will be saved by The Emoji Movie?!
deadderek liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]