Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By JurorNo.2
This was just posted on Ghost Corps' Facebook page:
It's time for another #TBT vault find! These reels came from a box in Ivan's personal storage and we're pretty excited to have uncovered some unreleased scenes! #Ghostbusters
And they posted a photo of three reel boxes, one of which appears to be labeled...Fort Detmerring?! :shock:

...is it weird that I kinda had a dream about something like this last night? :shock:
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on February 16th, 2017, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta otaku, *NormalGamer*, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:This was just posted on Ghost Corps' Facebook page:

It's time for another #TBT vault find! These reels came from a box in Ivan's personal storage and we're pretty excited to have uncovered some unreleased scenes! #Ghostbusters

And they posted a photo of three reel boxes, one of which appears to be labeled...Fort Detmerring?! :shock:

...is it weird that I kinda had a dream about something like this last night?:shock:
@ *referring to bold*

I guess you can chalk it up to a sense of synchronicity. ^_^
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kingpin
Awesome, AWESOME stuff! :)

If I had to speculate:

117: Ray and Winston arrive at the Fort, and converse with the guards there.
118: Winston explores the armoury a barracks.
125: Ray encounters the "dream ghost".

I wonder what the Bill Murray reel features... alternate Venkman takes?
Kingpin wrote:If I had to speculate:

117: Ray and Winston arrive at the Fort, and converse with the guards there.
118: Winston explores the armoury barracks.
125: Ray encounters the "dream ghost".
Checking the Sept. 83 shooting script, scene 117 is the exterior arrival of the Ecto at Fort Detmerring, with Scene 118 being an interior 'Gunner's Corridor' scene at the Fort where Ray and Winston decide to split up.
Oddly, scene 125 is denoted as Omitted, but is smack in the middle of the 'Officer's Quarters' footage which was cut down for the dream sequence in the montage.

Alex
Sav C liked this
By d_osborn
There was a small scene with Winston in the Armory while Ray is in the Officers Quarters in earlier script drafts. It was definitely cut from the revisions prior to filming, though. Interesting!

I guess it could also be just a mistake on the labelling, too.
On the Murray tape, it's interesting it was recording only a few weeks after his movie "The Razor's Edge" came out. But I wonder, maybe it was something recorded for a home video release that never got used.

But yeah, I'm naturally most interested in the Detmerring tape.

Here's hoping they keep finding more stuff.
If they special edition'd this into an extended cut I will be at the store as soon as they stock the shelves with the DVD. A whole tape with Bill Murray stuff?! I'm very curious.
JurorNo.2 liked this
d_osborn wrote:There was a small scene with Winston in the Armory while Ray is in the Officers Quarters in earlier script drafts. It was definitely cut from the revisions prior to filming, though. Interesting!

I guess it could also be just a mistake on the labelling, too.
That sounds familiar. Why do I picture him knocking over a stack of cannonballs?

Alex

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]