Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Alphagaia wrote:Ah, my mistake: 1 million copies sold, with an earning of 23 million?
How would that work? The BR was sold here for under 14EUR since the day it came out. That's roughly $15,08 per copy. So how could selling a million copies make more than $15,08 million? And if you subtract the production cost of the physical discs and cases from that it would be way less!
Skyknight wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Ah, my mistake: 1 million copies sold, with an earning of 23 million?
How would that work? The BR was sold here for under 14EUR since the day it came out. That's roughly $15,08 per copy. So how could selling a million copies make more than $15,08 million? And if you subtract the production cost of the physical discs and cases from that it would be way less!
Also keep in mind 1 million sold doesn't mean 1 million customers bought the blu Ray. It's very misleading. That's how many units shipped for stores to sell. Sony sells the movie to the retail outlet, the retail outlet marks up the price and sells it to the consumer. All the money Sony makes is just selling it to the retail outlet. If units don't sell, they get shipped back. It doesn't tell us how many copies moved.
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:And how about the digital copies? I'm quite curious how to read the information.
That's a good question. I have no idea how they count those. Sony's quarterly report is due tomorrow so we should get some Home video info then
RichardLess wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:And how about the digital copies? I'm quite curious how to read the information.
That's a good question. I have no idea how they count those. Sony's quarterly report is due tomorrow so we should get some Home video info then
Dont be surprised if they aren't great numbers. last couple months i have seen the blue ray, dvd on discount and the shelves full. It started at 20, went to 13, and is now for 10. Not a good sign.
Hard to tell from just looking at a shelf. Meanwhile a friend of mine said it sold out at her store. Anecdotal but that's never stopped this board before. ;)
Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote:Not when you have a ton of the DVD's still in boxes marked November, December in the warehouse.
I seriously doubt it's the only one. ;)
JurorNo.2 wrote:I repeat, your type of political correctness is what has no place in this movie franchise.
Depends if you're a feminist as it's worth noting it's the feminists who had control over this movie. In that case I'm glad to have my 'political correctness'. :wink:
Kingpin wrote:Benoist didn't do anything wrong but voice her opinion, and it's also ridiculous to suggest what she did is even remotely comparable to what Trump did. Celebrities who are raising a valid point of the normalisation of sexual assault, objectification etc. shouldn't be condemned to be "seen and not heard" just because it makes some people a little uncomfortable.
There are more effective ways of making a point than standing on a street with a message about grabbing your vagina. As I said two wrongs don't make a right.
Sav C wrote:@pferreira It's not hysterical or anything, just kind of chuckle-funny. Like a "heh".
I had high standards. It shouldn't be merely 'heh', it should have been funny and enjoyable.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Actually for years fans and the general audience ridiculed and mocked GB2 (ridiculously so). What did we expect Sony to think? They gave the first movie the better Blu Ray treatment because the audience indicated that's what they wanted.
The thing you got to understand is that generally apart from rare exceptions studios only do extras filled DVDs/blu-rays for older movies if the film did well at the Box Office. The original GB was a huge success so Sony made an effort. The sequel was both a critical and commercial failure hence Sony's reluctance to do a better blu-ray/DVD release. But even knowing that it does still suck.
Alphagaia wrote:I'm not surprised if Timeware is back on his conspiracy theory shit. A few weeks ago he was convinced Feig was secretly leading Female Frequency, ordering them to attack GB fans so the movie would get free publicity.

All based on 'proof' he warps and exaggerates to suit his needs and just repeating it over and over and over.
He has a point though which you fail to get since you're a Paul Feig fan. :roll:
DarkSpectre wrote:Will ATC become a lot gem so to speak, I don't know. It will definitely be remembered for what not to do but maybe eventually the harsh criticism will erode and people will see it for more than what was pushed by media outlets and divided fans. The potential is there, it just needs the right team to guide it.
I've said it once and I'll say it again: the reaction and failure of the reboot movie will at least make people appreciate GB II more so it's not all bad. :)
JurorNo.2 wrote:I think fans saw Force Awakens and came to the erroneous conclusion that getting the band back together is always easy as pie, lol.
It was the direction they took that was the problem.
Kingpin wrote:"Never again." :)
What?! Have you learned nothing from 1983? Never Say Never Again! Ha, ha! :mrgreen:
pferreira1983 wrote:[[it's the feminists who had control over this movie
:roll:
The sequel was both a critical and commercial failure hence Sony's reluctance to do a better blu-ray/DVD release.
It's tricky. GB2 was a hit, it's just that that's not always enough. Despite this board treating box office like the be all and end all. ;)
JurorNo.2 wrote:It was the direction they took that was the problem.
Nowhere near the problem fans made it out to be.
I had high standards.
Don't be so hoity toity. ;)
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on February 4th, 2017, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
Sav C wrote:@pferreira It's not hysterical or anything, just kind of chuckle-funny. Like a "heh".
I had high standards. It shouldn't be merely 'heh', it should have been funny and enjoyable.
You hold signs to standards? No offence, but really?
JurorNo.2 liked this
I can't believe I'm saying this but, for once, Juror is right. The trolls have won. IMDb announced it is shutting down it's message board and private messaging system on Febuary 20th. Apparently things I've gotten quite nasty over there. I remember when it was a place of civil discussion. Now it's all trolls and "Vote this 1" or "Vote this a 10" posts. 16 years and every post, some of them quality, will be lost to the sands of time.
pferreira1983 wrote:There are more effective ways of making a point than standing on a street with a message about grabbing your vagina. As I said two wrongs don't make a right.
Please explain to me what it is she did wrong.
And I might agree with you about the effectiveness if she was one person on a street corner, but she was one of several hundred thousand who were in attendance at the march, that seems a pretty effective way in its own right.
timeware wrote:Worse case scenario we get a bunch of new members and Kingpin gets a pay raise.
I'm supposed to be getting paid?
Why wasn't I informed?!
JurorNo.2, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:It's tricky. GB2 was a hit, it's just that that's not always enough. Despite this board treating box office like the be all and end all. ;)
It was basically a moderate hit but not the hit Columbia wanted so it was considered a flop. It underperformed in the same way ATC did. For ATC they can plug the blu-rays with extras because those were already planned. For a movie made in 1989 that's too costly which is why you've never seen a two disc DVD of GB II released in the past.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Nowhere near the problem fans made it out to be.
I would say half the Star Wars fans wanted the Expanded Universe to be kept, in my opinion at least not keeping the Bantam Books era was a massive mistake since what Disney came up with was terrible.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Don't be so hoity toity. ;)
Oh come on, it's not like I've been spoiled with Ghostbusters movies every two years since 1989. I think I'm allowed to have big expectations for a new Ghostbusters movie?
Sav C wrote:You hold signs to standards? No offence, but really?
I'm saying the film shouldn't of merely been meh.
RichardLess wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this but, for once, Juror is right. The trolls have won. IMDb announced it is shutting down it's message board and private messaging system on Febuary 20th. Apparently things I've gotten quite nasty over there. I remember when it was a place of civil discussion.
It's more of a shame for people who actually want to talk about film and TV on IMDB. I really enjoy going there to talk about Doctor Who and TMNT and now I can't do that. I was speaking to someone on Den of Geek who comes across like an idiot who said to me that the reason IMDB is being shut down is because people's opinions are mostly crap. I had told him that people enjoy Last Action Hero and this was his response to me. I really don't think thats a valid claim. You can't say a board should be shut down just because someone likes a film you don't. I mean WTF?! :shock:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Probably most of them will go to Reddit, and they can have them. :walterpeck:
Does this mean you can make even more friends than you have been already? :lol: I do feel for you but this is why I don't use Reddit.
Kingpin wrote:Please explain to me what it is she did wrong.
And I might agree with you about the effectiveness if she was one person on a street corner, but she was one of several hundred thousand who were in attendance at the march, that seems a pretty effective way in its own right.
There's a difference between making a point and looking like your desperate for attention. Here's a good example that completely passed me by and it's absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons:

Yes Ashley you are a nasty woman, you're also behaving like a complete idiot as well. :wink:
Kingpin wrote:I'm supposed to be getting paid?
Why wasn't I informed?!
pferreira1983 wrote:Does this mean you can make even more friends than you have been already? :lol: I do feel for you but this is why I don't use Reddit.
I'd be more worried if I did make any friends there. ;)
I think I'm allowed to have big expectations for a new Ghostbusters movie?
Sometimes expectations can be so big that nothing could possibly live up to them. ;)
JurorNo.2 wrote:I'd be more worried if I did make any friends there. ;)
Just ignore them or don't go there. Reddit should be closed not IMDB's forums.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Sometimes expectations can be so big that nothing could possibly live up to them. ;)
I agree although I don't feel I got anything at all and like all fans here I've been waiting a long time for a new movie.
JurorNo.2 liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:There's a difference between making a point and looking like your desperate for attention.
Now that's just being mean for the sake of preserving your stance she did something wrong. It's not being desperate for attention, it's being desperate to show something that's very wrong with part of the country and culture she lives in. It is something that needs to be addressed, and much like Rosa Parks, it can't always be done in what some/most might consider "civilised discourse", sometimes it has to ruffle feathers.
JurorNo.2, devilmanozzy liked this
At the Walmart where I live they have only the Ultra 4K thing left. The Blu-ray's are gone, the Dvd's sold out (I know that for sure, as they only have had one left on the shelf in late December), so no for me. I was going to buy it cheap (I have the blu-ray already) but I'll have to order it from Amazon. "Where" you live matters a lot it turns out.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
Kingpin wrote:Now that's just being mean for the sake of preserving your stance she did something wrong. It's not being desperate for attention, it's being desperate to show something that's very wrong with part of the country and culture she lives in. It is something that needs to be addressed, and much like Rosa Parks, it can't always be done in what some/most might consider "civilised discourse", sometimes it has to ruffle feathers.
There's being disgusting and there's ruffling feathers in a way that gets attention. The Supergirl actress did the former. She comes across just as desperate as Ashley Judd.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]