Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
timeware wrote:He made no statements in defending women that marched in the pro life rally.
Just as conservatives would never defend women who march in pro choice rallies. ;)
By timeware
He continues to prove my case. It's a bit dishonest to come off as a women's rights champion when you only want to defend a certain base. I believe i've proven he's a hypocrite.
By Alphagaia
You continue to make him jump through invisible hoops and pinning self proclaimed titles on him he never asked for.

It's beyond clear you don't like the man, and so far any conversation about this led to nowhere apart from you claiming your proof is beyond any doubt and totally not exaggerated in any way. Let's give it a rest and move on.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:I don't understand this "just a comedy" mentality. Calling a movie a comedy isn't a put down.
I'm not putting down the comedy genre, I like comedy films. I just don't see Ghostbusters as a comedy, it's too rich in layers of genres for that which is what excites me about it.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Not if they're so paranoid they see "lessons in feminism" behind every corner.
I don't need to be paranoid when the media as well as the people involved reports on it.
timeware wrote:He continues to prove my case. It's a bit dishonest to come off as a women's rights champion when you only want to defend a certain base. I believe i've proven he's a hypocrite.
I don't know how dishonest Feig is but he's always had an agenda and it's worth noting that the people he's associated himself with are championing violence towards others. he may not support these people or be aware of this but feminists tend to rally around each other when their organisation is attacked as a whole and Feminist Frequency at the moment doesn't seem like the type of people you want to hang around with, no it's not a dead horse by any means. Case in point most feminists won't call out their stupidity the way a non-feminist like the 'evil' Jordan Owen has done:

Alphagaia wrote:It's beyond clear you don't like the man, and so far any conversation about this led to nowhere apart from you claiming your proof is beyond any doubt and totally not exaggerated in any way. Let's give it a rest and move on.
Spoken like a true fan and fans don't tend to generally question the behaviour of people their fans of. :roll:
By Alphagaia
Just because I defend the man, does not make a (true) fan. Before I came to this forum, I did not even know who he was. I did decide to watch his work, and liked Bridesmaids, Spy and Freak & Geeks, and later GB:ATC, the rest I'm impartial though. To see if there was some merit to the enormous hate for him.

The amount of absolute shit Feig had to endure and people constantly made up made me investigate how much if it was actually true and I saw a lot of exaggeration, misinterpretations and/or assumptions.
If me pointing out these things to sift through the sewage makes me a true fan in your eyes then so be it.
I did not sugercoat my review of GB:ATC and all I want is people speaking the truth instead of warping it to best fit their needs just because they don't like the direction. There was a LOT of warping and hate mongering going on for months on end. Everything has been said over and over and over.
Again. Let's move on.
By timeware
Alphagaia wrote:You continue to make him jump through invisible hoops and pinning self proclaimed titles on him he never asked for.

It's beyond clear you don't like the man, and so far any conversation about this led to nowhere apart from you claiming your proof is beyond any doubt and totally not exaggerated in any way. Let's give it a rest and move on.
He claims to be a feminist, champion of women's rights. He continues to support one sided causes and that's just a bit hypocritical. I never gave him these titles he's claimed them on his own.

I only felt it necessary to respond to your statement since you seem it's necessary to always have the last words. You always claim my proof is exaggerated or outdated. Look at his twitter page this stuff is recent. Again iv'e proven my point and this is my final say on it. Paul continues to make my case for me all on his own.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Alphagaia
Timeware, we have debated this before countless times, I have pointed to your exaggerations and warpings countless of times and you either brushed those away or did not react to them. You have made your claims countless of times. We won't convince each other nor anyone else and there is no new evidence to speak of. It's just the same tired argument over and over.

Let's agree to disagree and move on.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By timeware
Again look at his twitter.
He continues to only support the liberal brand of feminism.

You have also done the same thing you accused me of. There's been quite a few instances of you ignoring evidence I and others had gathered. I'll agree to move on if that's the last of it.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Alphagaia
Yeah, I think it's best to do so. Let's focus on the things we actually agree on. Maybe the new comic, boardgame, cartoon, new GB84 material or animated movie will have us both jumping up and in our seats with joy instead this monotonous debate.
See you there!
JurorNo.2 liked this
By SpaceBallz
lmao...so when's the next movie coming out? We need more shit to talk about and debate. I was going to edit together a video pointing out the man-bashing pro-woman stuff in GB, but "Conan Exiles" with a few beers sounds better.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote: I just don't see Ghostbusters as a comedy, it's too rich in layers of genres for that which is what excites me about it.
Just because you like certain aspects doesn't mean the other aspects (which are clearly not in question) don't count. ;)
By Sav C
timeware wrote:He continues to only support the liberal brand of feminism.
That's probably because, and follow me real closely here, that's the only type of feminism he supports. :P

Sorry, couldn't resist the joke. Don't mean to get this debate's engine revving again or anything...
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kingpin
timeware wrote:He continues to only support the liberal brand of feminism.
Surely by definition feminism is predominantly a liberal movement. I struggle to visualise what conservative feminism would look like.
pferreira1983 wrote:he may not support these people or be aware of this but feminists tend to rally around each other when their organisation is attacked as a whole and Feminist Frequency at the moment doesn't seem like the type of people you want to hang around with, no it's not a dead horse by any means.
The dead horse remark was to timeware's focussing on Feig and the March for life.

And I think you'll find that there are plenty of extreme groups that rally around themselves when they're attacked, not just extreme feminists, right-wing conservative religious groups have made a career out of rallying together and motivating their support base against a common enemy.
By timeware
Surely by definition feminism is predominantly a liberal movement. I struggle to visualise what conservative feminism would look like.
Women fight for pro life as well. I point to the pro life march where you didn't see a lot of vulgarity or people like Ashley Judd screaming about their nasty bed sheets. A lot more peaceful. Both sides fight for what they believe in but liberals want people to think it is exclusively a liberal thing. There are conservative groups like Code Pink and FF.
pferreira1983 liked this
By JurorNo.2
I'm a woman who wants to have more options before I'd have to settle for abortion. But this really has nothing to do with the movie. Not to mention, one of those Reddit "fans" is currently rooting for this topic to continue on our board. That he's saying it there, and not here, leads me to believe he was banned from here, lol. Which is reason enough for me to drop this topic. ;)
By Kingpin
I'm tempted to lock it seeing as there haven't been any new reviews of the film in awhile (the reason why I haven't just locked it already is I'm a bit conscious of that becoming too much of a habit of late).
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
Yeah, I'd rather this one stay open. Maybe I'll be able to think of something to say later that will get it back on topic. :)
By JurorNo.2
Grrr, my friend bought ATC and keep saying she's planning to watch it, lol.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Hmm, come to think of it I don't think I know anyone's who's seen ATC (besides of course everyone on here). Since I'm not overly social I don't talk about movies much with people, the closest I came to talking about ATC with someone was when I asked the pool lifeguard if she had seen the trailer (it was the day it was released). Just trying to make chit chat. She said "no", and then asked if it was any good. I said it was pretty good, and then the conversation kind of fizzled after that.
By devilmanozzy
I'm planning on doing a review of the film for Spook central for next week. I'd suggest to keep this thread open at least til reaction (if any) happens to that. :walterpeck:
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:Just because I defend the man, does not make a (true) fan.
It's difficult to believe that when you're constantly defending him. Not once have I seen you criticise him, you referred to him as a revolutionary artist on par with Picasso and Dali.
Alphagaia wrote:The amount of absolute shit Feig had to endure and people constantly made up made me investigate how much if it was actually true and I saw a lot of exaggeration, misinterpretations and/or assumptions.
If me pointing out these things to sift through the sewage makes me a true fan in your eyes then so be it.
If you like the film that's fine but you can't argue what was going on. You see the whole thing from a one sided viewpoint. You've never once questioned what Feig and feminists have done with the franchise. In fact you've supported their efforts. I'm not trying to have a go at you for the sake of it but you have to admit this all raises question marks man.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Just because you like certain aspects doesn't mean the other aspects (which are clearly not in question) don't count. ;)
I never said that. I'm saying the mixture works and that what's always attracted me to the films. It's no more a comedy than Back to the Future is. :)
timeware wrote:You have also done the same thing you accused me of. There's been quite a few instances of you ignoring evidence I and others had gathered. I'll agree to move on if that's the last of it.
I've not once heard Alpha respond to evidence I've provided. I'm assuming he glances over it without a second thought. A shame as I go through a bit of trouble to provide video and article links.
Kingpin wrote:And I think you'll find that there are plenty of extreme groups that rally around themselves when they're attacked, not just extreme feminists, right-wing conservative religious groups have made a career out of rallying together and motivating their support base against a common enemy.
Oh yeah definitely. Either side is capable of that.
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Just because I defend the man, does not make a (true) fan.
It's difficult to believe that when you're constantly defending him. Not once have I seen you criticise him, you referred to him as a revolutionary artist on par with Picasso and Dali.
This remark gets more warped each time you reuse it. Your original statement was 'a movie is art and should not be political', to which I replied art can also be political, giving avant garde as an example.

It's a good example of how your reasoning tends to operate and detoriate though.
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:This remark gets more warped each time you reuse it. Your original statement was 'a movie is art and should not be political', to which I replied art can also be political, giving avant garde as an example.

It's a good example of how your reasoning tends to operate and detoriate though.
But you totally support Paul Feig's work and said that while referencing him? :oops:
By JurorNo.2
featofstrength wrote:Forget Rotten Tomatoes...Suicide Squad won an Oscar! Quick, get the stickers ready for all those unsold dvds!!!
:P
Wow really, not Star Trek Beyond? (Not that I wanted that to win anything. :walterpeck: )
By featofstrength
JurorNo.2 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:Forget Rotten Tomatoes...Suicide Squad won an Oscar! Quick, get the stickers ready for all those unsold dvds!!!
:P
Wow really, not Star Trek Beyond? (Not that I wanted that to win anything. :walterpeck: )
Another Oscar "surprise." Remember when Les Mis won best make-up and hair over the Hobbit? The one thing that movie had going for it, stripped away by the gazillionth production of a show that demands more from period costuming than makup...I mean, for crying out loud, don't they just rub dirt and shit all over the actors and call it a day?
Anyway...I just loooove the Oscars so much! I cant wait to run out and buy my copy of "Moonlight!"
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:You see the whole thing from a one sided viewpoint.
That may be the case, but so are others I could mention.

And in Alpha's defence, he may have tried to look at it from the perspective of others, but not come out of it as convinced in their convictions.

Ozzy, how's that review for Spook Central going?
By Alphagaia
Kingpin wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:You see the whole thing from a one sided viewpoint.
That may be the case, but so are others I could mention.

And in Alpha's defence, he may have tried to look at it from the perspective of others, but not come out of it as convinced in their convictions.
Yeah, if one thing I've always asked for links and articles so I could read them and to form and understand one's opinion.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]