Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
I do have to wonder just how much of the poor performance is down to Diamond continually buggering things up in regard to the dates, it might not be the main reason, but the continued rescheduling can't be doing anything good to how reliable the series is.

However, I also do wonder how many people petulantly cancelled their subscriptions/dropped collecting the series when the 101 crossover was announced.
I know of one person at my comic shop that cancelled after the annual. NOTHING to do with the ATC crew, oddly enough. I didn't catch the whole conversation, but what I gathered was they were furious they kept adding new characters to the book. I think he's one of those "purists" that can't handle a shift in tone or lore because he had to be removed from the store when he picked up a recent Superman comic to prove that "a true classic character can withstand the test of time with little change" only to realize the entire comic focused on Superman's son and completely lost his sheltered mind.
Every once in awhile I do overhear griping about how 'they never do just the four' anymore.
Kingpin wrote:However, I also do wonder how many people petulantly cancelled their subscriptions/dropped collecting the series when the 101 crossover was announced.
It seems like that loss is being mitigated by the people coming on board who are ATC fans.
theweecrow, Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Yeah, I'm still stupefied to see GB fans, in general, to this day saying they never knew there was a comic.
Well, in the time I used to frequent the fantasy/comic stores( during my school years) they did not stock them. I remember the RGB comic from my youth but that dried up in the Netherlands after only a few comics as well. Living in a small rural town makes it perfectly possible to miss.
mrmichaelt wrote:Every once in awhile I do overhear griping about how 'they never do just the four' anymore.
It's just another same and tired excuse (along with the 'ruin my childhood' bit) that is holding back the GB franchise to realize it's true potential and original vision Aykroyd originally wanted.
zeta otaku wrote:I know of one person at my comic shop that cancelled after the annual. NOTHING to do with the ATC crew, oddly enough. I didn't catch the whole conversation, but what I gathered was they were furious they kept adding new characters to the book. I think he's one of those "purists" that can't handle a shift in tone or lore because he had to be removed from the store when he picked up a recent Superman comic to prove that "a true classic character can withstand the test of time with little change" only to realize the entire comic focused on Superman's son and completely lost his sheltered mind.
It's people like this are the reason franchises can't even grow and flourish properly. They don't want it to grow and change; they're just so stuck on the status quo and attached to the past. How else can many franchises grow and it's lore kept fresh if we keep retreading the same characters and plots over and over? The GB universe is ripe for exploration and new characters, plots, lore, etc. is exactly what it needs; the OGB's will still be there but it can't 'always' be about the original four forever.
Alphagaia wrote:Yeah, if it wasn't for AtC (which made me join this site) I would not even have known about the comics. A welcome surprise!
Yeah, AtC may not have done well in the box office, but at least it brought in new fans to the franchise.
*NormalGamer* wrote:It's just another same and tired excuse (along with the 'ruin my childhood' bit) that is holding back the GB franchise to realize it's true potential and original vision Aykroyd originally wanted.

It's people like this are the reason franchises can't even grow and flourish properly. They don't want it to grow and change; they're just so stuck on the status quo and attached to the past. How else can many franchises grow and it's lore kept fresh if we keep retreading the same characters and plots over and over? The GB universe is ripe for exploration and new characters, plots, lore, etc. is exactly what it needs; the OGB's will still be there but it can't 'always' be about the original four forever.
Couldn't agree with you more.

But in a perfect world, I still think a good compromise, is my idea in another thread for Tristan working on a second series. Knock on wood.

EDIT: Dan posted this still of a TV spot from a VHS -- probably an easter egg in 101 #2. No clue what it's from yet.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRHkElBAVfx/
101 #1 news. Before hand, we had step 1. Moved up a week from 3/22 to 3/15. Today, step 2 - the bizarre date shift. 6/28. Step 3, not listed in IDWeekly's release for next week. Here we go again.

101 #2 now set for 4/12.
I for one am looking forward to 101. I unfortunetly fell behind on the comic due to financial difficulties but those are over and I plan on keeping up again. Oh and I just finished reading GBI vol 2 awesome story overall cant wait to pick up the hardcover later in the year.
I think he's one of those "purists" that can't handle a shift in tone or lore
Ahh yes Purists the worst type of fan.
Lee FW liked this
Kingpin wrote:I do have to wonder just how much of the poor performance is down to Diamond continually buggering things up in regard to the dates, it might not be the main reason, but the continued rescheduling can't be doing anything good to how reliable the series is.
How could anyone pass up the chance to see the RGB in action again?

Anyway I know the comic but don't read it.
By Lee FW
Kingpin wrote:I wonder why they flipped the Ecto-1A around on the BTTF homage cover.
Never noticed until you pointed it out and then had to go back and have a look at the original.

Simple answer I'm guessing is without the door right in the middle of frame masking them it makes for a much more dynamic illustration (that and Holtzmann no longer looks like she's stood on one leg!)

In regards to Diamond hurting the sales I'd definitely say it's a massive factor. I'd really like to support the comic but after not even been able to find most of the run in the wild I gave up a long time ago and just wait for the trades.

101 on the other hand I've given another shot at going monthly so have got myself a subscription with Forbidden Planet, something I've not had to do for any other book as walking in and picking up off the shelf has been relatively simple with anything other than GB. Fingers crossed it works out!!!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Waltz posted a Holtzmann teaser from 101 #3.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/842927143076081665
ECT0-1 wrote:Did they ever explain why they're allowed to put the full fins on Ecto-1 all of a sudden? I know licensing issues forced those diminutive non-fins at the start of the run, but then suddenly...FINS.
The short answer from Dan is basically, he draws and over the years they either stopped caring or stopped looking.

Personally, my guess is with Ghost Corps around -- some reigns got loosened.
Kingpin wrote:I wonder why they flipped the Ecto-1A around on the BTTF homage cover.
I discovered Mr. Lattie is selling the original version 1 of his sub cover A for 101 #1. It originally had the front of Ecto-1a. Weird.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-10 ... 2473475479
"This is the original version of the cover used in previews and the original advertising of the series. It measures at 11x17 on bristol board. (Later version has the Ecto 1 reversed.)"
Alphagaia, Kingpin, robbritton and 1 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mrmichaelt wrote:I discovered Mr. Lattie is selling the original version 1 of his sub cover A for 101 #1. It originally had the front of Ecto-1a. Weird.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-10 ... 2473475479
"This is the original version of the cover used in previews and the original advertising of the series. It measures at 11x17 on bristol board. (Later version has the Ecto 1 reversed.)"
$2,000?! I'm all for artists getting a reasonable return on their work, but that seems a bit too optimistic.
mrmichaelt liked this
io9 posted the ATC pages for 101 #1 (they're also the last 5 pages of the main story).
http://io9.gizmodo.com/patty-and-holtzm ... 0034727141

2 interviews with Erik Burnham:

http://fourguysandacomic.podbean.com/e/ ... k-burnham/
If anyone listens to it, let us know what's on it, please.

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles ... 3201775240

*The mystery character is the 4th student, Garrett Parker. He's the son of one of Peter's old psych classmates.
*The 101 cadets -- Cait, Zoe and Evan -- are showing the teleportation unit to newly arrived Garrett when something goes wrong and the dimensions of the Prime and ATC Ghostbusters starts to overlap. That’s way too dangerous to be allowed to continue, and that’s what our teams are looking to fix, once they all meet.
*Currently writing #4
*NormalGamer* liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:io9 posted the ATC pages for 101 #1 (they're also the last 5 pages of the main story).
http://io9.gizmodo.com/patty-and-holtzm ... 0034727141

2 interviews with Erik Burnham:

http://fourguysandacomic.podbean.com/e/ ... k-burnham/
If anyone listens to it, let us know what's on it, please.

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles ... 3201775240

*The mystery character is the 4th student, Garrett Parker. He's the son of one of Peter's old psych classmates.
*The 101 cadets -- Cait, Zoe and Evan -- are showing the teleportation unit to newly arrived Garrett when something goes wrong and the dimensions of the Prime and ATC Ghostbusters starts to overlap. That’s way too dangerous to be allowed to continue, and that’s what our teams are looking to fix, once they all meet.
*Currently writing #4
@ *referring to bold*

So, Garrett Parker is IDW's version of Garrett Miller? Can't wait to see how he looks. ^_^
*NormalGamer* wrote:So, Garrett Parker is IDW's version of Garrett Miller? Can't wait to see how he looks. ^_^
No. Presumably he's the not Roland (or AU Winston) person on the cover of 101 #1 between Peter and Erin.
mrmichaelt wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:So, Garrett Parker is IDW's version of Garrett Miller? Can't wait to see how he looks. ^_^
No. Presumably he's the not Roland (or AU Winston) person on the cover of 101 #1 between Peter and Erin.
I see. I really didn't 'not' expect this; a character looking like AU Winston with EGB Roland's hairstyle and green jacket adopting the name of Garrett? Guess we'll see what happens in the later issues in this miniseries.
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on March 22nd, 2017, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Lee FW
So Diamond strikes again...

Just checked my order status on FP.COM besides the fact the cover I ordered (Holtzmann + Egon) has been switched to Patty and Kevin (cool cover and would probably pick it up anyway but not what I ordered...) this is the message on my order status page "We are currently waiting for updated information from our suppliers - Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information."
1. June solicits are out. 101 #4 is set for June 21.
Two teams of Ghostbusters are fighting the clock, trying to understand why their dimensions are being pulled together... even as the merging itself causes such a surge of psychokinetic energy that more ghosts than ever are coming out of the woodwork! Today's secret phrase is: Hurry, Ghostbusters!
Only regular and sub cover is up right now.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR170575
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR170576

2. GHOSTBUSTERS 101 #1

"So What's On The Other Side of the Looking Glass?"
This Post Contains Spoilers
ATC GHOSTBUSTERS
Ghostbusters 101 Class Notes
Easter Eggs so far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on March 24th, 2017, 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just read it. Loved it. I found some of those easter eggs. I just wish there was more! Now I just have to wait for another month, but it's a nice set up for things to come.
Also on page 18 4th panel: is that the aldrigde mansion? :D
*NormalGamer* liked this
Diamond actually got it to my shop on time this month, so hooray! Erik has done a fine job of capturing the new team's voices, particularly Patty and Abby. So glad there is now something concrete in the world to link the two, and lovely to see a big old GHOST CORPS logo on the back. Makes the already wonderful comic feel just that little bit more... official, somehow. Anyway, a great start, and here's to the next five months!
*NormalGamer*, JurorNo.2, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]