This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By EctoFuzzy
I apologize if this question has been answered before, but after wading through threads I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I'm currently looking to piece together a Vinz Clortho helmet but i am having great trouble trying to find an appropriate chin strap. Anybody that has made their own prop have any suggestions to what i should use?
By Alex Newborn
I began one of these... (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=34544)

I got as far as the correct colander/strainer and resistors before having to back-burner it.

Since my last update in that thread., I have picked up a modern, similar chin strap from eBay for less than ten bucks.

However, if you want to see good reference pics of an authentic Pro-Tec chin strap from the era, don't miss protokev's build thread over on the Replica Prop Forums: http://www.therpf.com/f24/vinz-clortho- ... =keymaster

He's always tweaking it and improving it, so it varies from photo to photo, but here's the best pic in my opinion: Image

As you can see, though, the materials of an authentic one tend to break down over the past three decades.

I've had a couple people work on re-creating that old Pro-Tec logo as a vector file. I may have it printed in vinyl decals, as I did for my Con Edison hardhat. Or one friend on FB suggested that I have it turned into a stamp so I can ink the logo onto the chin strap.

Intriguing idea, but problematic because the modern chin cup off eBay is a rigid, shiny white plastic. The ink will probably slide right off.

Alex
EctoFuzzy liked this
By Alex Newborn
You're welcome!

I also noticed that in another thread you asked about the diameter of the colander.

I think the 9" ones look best.

The feet are easy to remove, but the handles are a real pain. I was much happier when I switched to an identical-but-handleless strainer instead of the colander.

Alex
EctoFuzzy liked this
By EctoFuzzy
I appreciate that. I replaced the stock strap on a wrestling one with a hockey chin strap. Fits and gives more length. Just having problems finding nylon spacers that are an appropriate size and the coiled wires.
By EctoRalph
I wanted to say thank you for the info on the chin strap as that is what I am looking for now. And I wanted to answer for anyone looking for "coiled" wire you don't have to. You can make it yourself with solid core. I found 5 conductor "18/5 sprinkler wire" at home depot that coiled great. Here is a picture of it. I will start a build thread soon on my progress.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]