By Governor
My Pack is over 10 years old, my electronics are failing, my switches wont power up my pack anymore.. LED's on the bar graph were going anyway... so its time to re-build.

I've been out of hardware mode for a really long time. 1) Is there someone that has an all in one board for lights and sound, amplifier..etc? Something simple and elegant that I can fit into my pack? And if not, what parts from the GB Fans shop do I need to do all new lights, and sound?

2) My original shell is over 10 years old, its made of resin and its starting to get brittle. I need to replace that with a Fiberglass shell. Is there any one shell that is so much nicer than any other shell, or should I just buy one from the GB Fans shop and call it a day?
By thebigone2087
That kit is built by Shawn Swift... he is black listed here on the site for various issues with selling his ORIGINAL kit called the Mighty Microcontroller. I owned one and it was a complicated piece. I have not heard anything on his new kit, but being the same seller, I would tread lightly. I have built two packs, one with the Mighty and the other with the GBFans light and sound kit(s). I think the GBFans kits are BY FAR the easiest to use sound and light kits that are on the market, I cannot recommend= them enough!!!!

Both shells I used were GBFans shells, and again, I couldn't recommend them enough. Very sturdy with the holes for various mounting points dimpled so they are easier to locate. There are a few other makers of shells theses days such as Nick-A-Tron and BenofKent I believe. I'd also check with them.

Hope this helps!
Governor liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]