Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Just read mine :D Solid writing as always and I'm almost... terrified Peck is on board with one of Venkman's ideas. Can't wait for next month's issue :D (or May's if Diamond pushes it back AGAIN). My ONE complaint is this... these comics are NEVER long enough... how do we get these to be... I dunno... 5 times bigger? :D
zeta otaku wrote:Just read mine :D Solid writing as always and I'm almost... terrified Peck is on board with one of Venkman's ideas. Can't wait for next month's issue :D (or May's if Diamond pushes it back AGAIN). My ONE complaint is this... these comics are NEVER long enough... how do we get these to be... I dunno... 5 times bigger? :D
That's why I collect the trade paperbacks. You get a huge chunk of a story, or one whole mini-series at once.

...Still, I follow along issue by issue digitally. I do feel your pain.
zeta otaku liked this
zeta otaku wrote:Just read mine :D Solid writing as always and I'm almost... terrified Peck is on board with one of Venkman's ideas. Can't wait for next month's issue :D (or May's if Diamond pushes it back AGAIN). My ONE complaint is this... these comics are NEVER long enough... how do we get these to be... I dunno... 5 times bigger? :D
I thought it was pretty rad this issue was front to back - all Ghostbusters. No ads for other IDW properties.

EDIT: Tom did some clarification for 101 #2. The RI variant is a wraparound cover. So for those covers seen in solicit - Holtzmann is on the front cover. Egon is on the back cover.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/844647360944758785

Paul Feig stopped by at The Perky Nerd for his copy of 101 #1
https://twitter.com/ThePerkyNerd/status ... 8318514176

An interview with Erik and Dan
http://comicbook.com/2017/03/22/burnham ... e-ghostbu/
*Erik hinted an error in the teleportation unit's operation allows for an event that starts to cause another universe to drift.
*Dan Schoening admitted he didn't know who the antagonist was yet but hinted a ghost doesn't feel all herself like something is missing.
*Burnham seemed to hint we may see the ATC team again in the future like with The Real Ghostbuster's Egon in Ghostbusters International.
*He also confirmed the ATC team will recognize the prime team as some people they met in the events of the 2016 movie and in fact just wrote that scene.
HauntedWallflower wrote:These issues feel too short to me. If only they could get any longer! I need more! This has been a great March for me, fandom-wise.
On second thought, at least they compromise every so often and give a few extra pages like Vol. 2 #20 and also we got the annuals on seems like once a year give or take.
Found three of the covers, will look for more today! I was really impressed at how accurately the writers captured the new Ghostbusters' personalities. I could easily hear all their voices, which is awesome. And this will sound weird but I love Erin's hair, lol. I don't know, I can just identify with Erin the most, most of the fellow women I know remind me of her. And it's just cool to see someone like that being a Ghostbuster. :)

And the guy at the comic book shop I went to really liked the Kevin broccoli moment, lol.

OK, forgive me for being a comic noob, but what is Peck's history, why is working for a paranormal group now? I did love that reversal of him being annoyed at the EPA, lol.

As far as future issues, here is something that really intrigues me:
Will the “Answer the Call” Ghostbusters ever notice that these guys they're teamed with really look a lot like people they encountered during their big-screen adventure?

Schoening: Indeed they will!

Burnham: HA! I just wrote that scene this week! In all honesty, I thought about bypassing it just because it’s been so heavily anticipated that I’d be competing with thousands of different reactions to that very idea, but no one (not my editor and not Ghost Corps) was going to let me off this particular hook. And I’m glad they didn’t -- it provided a couple of my favorite lines of the issue! http://comicbook.com/2017/03/22/burnham ... e-ghostbu/
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on March 24th, 2017, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Fritz
OK, forgive me for being a comic noob, but what is Peck's history, why is working for a paranormal group now? I did love that reversal of him being annoyed at the EPA, lol.
It started with the Video Game having Peck become head of PCOC, as a sort of city government "overseer" of the Ghostbusters. He's been a supporting character as a sort of pseudo "asshole boss" all through the Burnham/Schoening runs.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Found three of the covers, will look for more today! I was really impressed at how accurately the writers captured the new new Ghostbusters' personalities. I could easily hear all their voices, which is awesome. And this will sound weird but I love Erin's hair, lol. I don't know, I can just identify with Erin the most, most of the fellow women I know remind me of her. And it's just cool to see someone like that being a Ghostbuster. :)
@ *referring to bold*

Yeah, Erin is very well drawn here; the team really did her well here with their artstyle. ^_^
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The pre-order page for the next trade paperback has shown up on Amazon. "Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers The Call" releases on December 19 so the regular release date is December 6 tentatively.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/168405026X
By Lee FW
Mine finally arrived today. The artwork really stands out for me, absolutely spot on, the colours are perfect and capture the difference in worlds brilliantly. I'm really fed up of drab looking comics so GB is a breath of fresh air. 10 out of 10 in that respect.

Story wise I can't judge yet but initial thoughts are I'm a little disappointed in the portal machine coming into play, it seems a bit too easy if that makes sense. Would of rather a more supernatural event to kick it off the merging of dimensions but again I have no idea how it'll play out in the coming issues + it would've been weird to leave it out altogether so I'll reserve criticism for the mo.

Just happy we're getting more GB comics!

So just a quick question, it mentions Peter has seen his team win twice in an alternate NYC, I've read very little of the IDW series recently (last comic I managed to read were the first 2 issues of Get Real) but does this mean they've been actively exploring/exploiting + keeping tabs on the alternate dimensions?

Just trying to piece together a theory on how the cameos in ATC will come into play taking into account the comments made in interview on how the worlds are drifting together and how they're experiencing memories which aren't their own.
Last edited by Lee FW on March 27th, 2017, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3/27: 101 #1 Convention Edition variant to be on sale at Wonder Con March 31 to April 2 at IDW's booth, #1109, for $10.
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=579 ... a97e7ae645
Lee FW wrote:So just a quick question, it mentions Peter has seen his team win twice in an alternate NYC, I've read very little of the IDW series recently (last comic I managed to read were the first 2 issues of Get Real) but does this mean they've been actively exploring/exploiting + keeping tabs on the alternate dimensions?
Between story arcs, I would guess between Ghostbusters International #11 and 101 #1 (which skips from May to Fall more or less I think). I doubt they would have done any exploration during the Firehouse rebuilding phase post-Get Real
fearless-freak wrote:is it me or did the ghost lk like one of the ones from RGB?
It was a version of the ghost Ralph from the back up story in Volume 2 #1-4 "In The Box"

3/29: Dan Schoening tweeted he's 92% done with art on 101 #3.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 8015404033
Lee FW liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mrmichaelt wrote:The pre-order page for the next trade paperback has shown up on Amazon. "Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers The Call" releases on December 19 so the regular release date is December 6 tentatively.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/168405026X
Thanks for posting, as I've been waiting for this to show up on Amazon. Officially pre-ordered!
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:101 Issue #1 has sold out and is going to second printing! Release date: TBA
http://www.burnhamania.com/2017/03/ghos ... nting.html

101 Issue #2 release date moved a week to May 3. Usual semantics have begun.
@ *referring to bold*

That's excellent to hear; the miniseries is off to a good start. The addition of the ATC GB's has really paid off; can't wait to see what happens next in the later issues. ^_^
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on March 29th, 2017, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee FW liked this
By Lee FW
Boo at the release date shift, hopefully it pays off and gives more people a chance to read and thus boosts sales of further issues (nothing puts me off a series more than when I've missed the first few issues...on the other hand with my short attention span you could say the same about shifting future dates)
By Fritz
Ironically, IDW's Disney Comics are often early. At the moment Diamond is saying that three of the four Disneys this month will be out April 5th; one of them was scheduled for that day, but the other two were scheduled for April 12th and 19th. I wish I could explain why their schedules are so squirelly. :whatever:
I like how (dimensional spoiler)
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia wrote:I like how (dimensional spoiler)
This Post Contains Spoilers
I believe Erik stated or in the least we've seen Class 7 entities have the power to travel from one universe to another of their own ability. Might have been one of my interviews. Like Tiamat in Volume 2 or Ananke and Proteus in Get Real. I think the Cerberus manifestation was an exception because Proteus created it solely to track across dimensions. Gozer can but as expanded on in Volume 2, it's rigid and follows the protocol of its ritual -- Zuul and Vinz takes hosts, copulate, open the doorway.

I'm not sure about Rowan. I'm not sure if that last scene was talked about by Feig. Did Rowan fall into another portal or is he stuck in the Netherworld, a limbo, or sub-pocket universe? I don't think he was given a classification, but it could be argued he's a Class 6 or 7 in that ghost form. I was pondering if he might be the surprise Big Bad of this 101 mini or if there even is one at all.

If a doorway is open like the Interspatial Teleportation Unit, then mid-tier ghosts can cross over as demonstrated in GBI #8 with Granny Gross and almost with Ralph in 101 #1. I believe Slimer would need help like the teleportation unit to go across dimensions. I don't think he can of his own power.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Interesting conversation going on at Reddit...
User 1: Yea but they're getting shoehorned into the comics now anyway and the new animated movie has to be a "crossover" thanks to that horrible, cynical reboot. I hope a giant ghost shoehorn sucks up the "Answer the Call" team and just plops them down in the OG universe like "here, learn to catch ghosts. You caught one in your movie and let him out so he could kill Peter Venkman. C****." (Note: I censored that last word. User #1 didn't.)

I was hoping this sub would be more active after the reboot and the news of Ivan Reitman returning to the creative helm. If the OG fanbase is louder right now, it makes no financial sense to appease the feminist shills that probably never saw the movie int he first place. But the front page has posts over a month old and if you rail against the crossovers and shit no one cares. So, enjoy an eternity of shitty, "Answer the Call" crossovers.

User 2: ATC killed interest in the franchise in general. People here don't trust what will happen next, so we aren't going to rally support around Reitman. The only groups still active are the forums that traded support for free shit from Sony.

User 3: Certainly not "in general". The Void [VR experience] opened in Utah and it's selling out.
So yeah, basically they're starting to notice that all the time they spent complaining about the reboot was time they were NOT using to talk about the movies they did like. And I saw this happening months ago, the sub wasn't just anti-reboot, they had become anti-Ghostbusters, period. Anyone from the original movies who supported the reboot was a "traitor" and any fan was a "shill who wanted free shit."

Thankfully, as User 3 demonstrated, that sentiment is actually not shared by the majority of the fanbase. r/Ghostbusters destroyed itself and good riddance.
Alphagaia, Christof, *NormalGamer* and 4 others liked this
Where are these forums that Sony give fans free shit for support? #askingforafriend :P

On a serious note, Tom Waltz reported 101 #3 has been sent off to the printers.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/850384297961934852

Erik on a semi-serious (?) noted 101 #4 is a dance party and/or blended team bust.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 5929154562
zeta otaku, JurorNo.2, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]