Discuss the new Ghostbusters movie to be released in 2016, directed by Paul Feig.
User avatar
By Alphagaia
#4892752
Nothing really new, actually.

They mention the guys and the girls, Ivan gets asked a few details from the old movie, but he does not remember most of them. Dan thinks humor evolves, but Ivan thinks humor is timeless. Both get to push their latest thing, e.a. crystal skull is mentioned and Ivans newest movie, which is a biopic.
Still fun to listen to, though!

Edit: Also, why does it say new topic from Alphagaia when I click on notifications?
Troy liked this
User avatar
By Alphagaia
#4892755
Apart from writers doing their thing: nothing.
User avatar
By JurorNo.2
#4892757
Peter33vr wrote:Whoooot! Writers writing what?


They asked about the animated film, Dan said they have writers in the process now and the studio is very enthusiastic about it.
Alphagaia liked this
User avatar
By timeware
#4892762
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Peter33vr wrote:Dan said they have writers in the process now and the studio is very enthusiastic about it.


Oh, no. It's Ghostbusters 3 all over again. Fortunately I don't think it will take 27 years to get the next project off the ground.


Might be another 15. Hopefully the children of the 80's wont be in our 50's when it comes out.
pferreira1983 liked this
User avatar
By mrmichaelt
#4892776
It was fun hearing Reitman school Troy and Chris on comedy and the podcast is proof there are GB questions that stump him. I was hoping he would have known what was playing when Egon was scanning the halls.

timeware wrote:Hopefully the children of the 80's wont be in our 50's when it comes out.
Ha ha ha... some already act like they are.
Lee FW liked this
User avatar
By Sav C
#4892778
mrmichaelt wrote:I was hoping he would have known what was playing when Egon was scanning the halls.

That's one I don't know, but if I recall correctly it was a radio broadcast of some sorts, right?
User avatar
By mrmichaelt
#4892781
Sav C wrote:That's one I don't know, but if I recall correctly it was a radio broadcast of some sorts, right?
It could. I honestly don't know. Without ever looking hard into it, I always had a shot in the dark guess it was an episode of "Dallas" because I'm 90% sure I hear the name "Barnes" like Troy asked in the podcast. It was the evening, prime time TV, someone was probably settling in for the night.
Sav C liked this
By Troy
#4892792
mrmichaelt wrote:It was fun hearing Reitman school Troy and Chris on comedy and the podcast is proof there are GB questions that stump him. I was hoping he would have known what was playing when Egon was scanning the halls.


In his defense, it was over thirty years ago and if it wasn't a conscious decision of his, it could have been something free or in the public domain that the sound mixer/designer just threw in there.
User avatar
By mrmichaelt
#4892795
Troy wrote:In his defense, it was over thirty years ago and if it wasn't a conscious decision of his, it could have been something free or in the public domain that the sound mixer/designer just threw in there.
Agreed. I just meant that's the first time I heard him reply he didn't know. Hmm, sound mixer should be in the credits...
User avatar
By Sav C
#4892799
The further we get from the release of the reboot, my feelings about the reboot become more and more like Ernie's feelings about the reboot.
User avatar
By Alphagaia
#4892802
Peter33vr wrote:Maybe their NDA have expired?

Even Reitman said something less enthusiastic a little while ago (that he had other ideas about the direction of the movie).


Hmm, maybe it's trouble with English interpretation, but I see him talk about wanting to do a proper sequel (something we all want?) being disappointed by the BO of GB:ATC, and disliking the decision by the makers of the cartoon that he never got to do the voice work for the RGB. How is that less enthusiastic about the movie?
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Peter33vr
#4892804
I mean, when they were promoting the movie all they said was positive things (great movie, funny story, great idea). Only now we hear some critical aspects.

Reitman: had different ideas, the movie was too expensive.

Hudson: prefer a passing of the torch movie over a reboot, feel sorry for the girls who had to "rethread" an old story VS. Doing their own thing in an hypotetical true sequel.
User avatar
By Alphagaia
#4892805
Yeah, I can agree with those sentiments. But I don't think it has anything to do with NDA's. It's not uncommon to critisize and analise a movie after the fact. Especially a movie that was so divisive.
JurorNo.2 liked this
User avatar
By JurorNo.2
#4892811
Peter33vr wrote:I mean, when they were promoting the movie all they said was positive things (great movie, funny story, great idea).


And he's still saying that. There's no dramatic reveal that he hated the movie or anything: "I think it was an entertaining movie. Certainly I don’t think anybody could say that it wasn’t a good movie."

Guys...people can say positive things about ATC without it being some evil conspiracy, lol. Yeesh...

prefer a passing of the torch movie over a reboot, feel sorry for the girls who had to "rethread" an old story VS. Doing their own thing in an hypotetical true sequel.


ATC fans have been saying from the very beginning that we would have preferred a sequel. But somehow that was always ignored because we weren't also spitting with rage over a reboot.
Alphagaia liked this
By Peter33vr
#4892815
Hey, calm down Gringo.

I didn't said that Ernie is saying negative things about the reboot. He's still talking nicely about it only adding a BUT at the end. Back in July there weren't no BUT.
User avatar
By JurorNo.2
#4892823
Of course people are going to be mostly positive when the movie is coming out. And of course they're going to point to possible reasons why the BO wasn't higher. It's not a big conspiracy.
User avatar
By JurorNo.2
#4892833
Nothing has changed. People are capable of holding more than one idea in their head about a movie. You are nitpicking basic human and marketing psychology, because we can't have ATC getting praise for more than two seconds at a time.
By Peter33vr
#4892835
To tell the truth I liked the reboot. It was a little nice parallel dimension chapter of the saga. Nothing Oscar worthy, nothing so nightmarish.

So, if I make an observation about the movie reception or about its stars statement it's purely out of curiosity.
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
User avatar
By JurorNo.2
#4892836
I recalled you saying you were greatly disappointed, among other things. But hey, like I said, we can hold more than one thought in our heads. ;)
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By pferreira1983
#4892877
Alphagaia wrote:and disliking the decision by the makers of the cartoon that he never got to do the voice work for the RGB.
I think not hiring Hudson for RGB was for the best. Having one but not all the cast voicing their characters would have felt too uneven. Arsenio Hall did a great job so that worked out fine in the end.

JurorNo.2 wrote:Of course people are going to be mostly positive when the movie is coming out. And of course they're going to point to possible reasons why the BO wasn't higher. It's not a big conspiracy.


Peter33vr wrote:I never mentioned the word conspiracy.

I was only wondering at how Ernie`s words has changed trough the time.

From: bad idea to wonderful movie to bad idea again :)
As Juror mentions here the key to this is 'positive publicity'. Hudson obviously isn't going to say anything bad about a film that's coming out he has ties to right? Yeah it's fake to see actors sometimes pretend to show enthusiasm for a film but that's how publicity works.

JurorNo.2 wrote:I recalled you saying you were greatly disappointed, among other things.
Juror you're not keeping a list of who likes and dislikes Answer The Call are you? I ask because that's not a very helpful thing to do, grouping people like that. I'm sure you don't but curious by what you've said :)

Did anyone have a similar issue to me on Interdim[…]

Erik Burnham revealed he completed writing Crossin[…]

Yep. #3 moved to January 31 (so right now #3 and 4[…]

it would seem the slime label pdf is broken