For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Midcoast Ghostbuster
Watching Citizen Ghost again, I noticed the following mistakes.

When Egon is speaking to Peter, Ray, and Winston saying that the tan jumpsuits will need to be destroyed, Janine makes an interjection and Egon's response of "Huh" is heard, yet his mouth does not move.

The Proton packs disapear briefly as the Ghostbusters walk pass Janine's desk to go upstairs.

After were the commercial break would be, the no ghost logo on the clone of Peter's uniform is not colored in.

When Egon saves Janine from being blasted by the clones, Ecto 1's right side fin is colored white instead of red.

After the clones retreat and the Ghostbusters are discussing the problem, Egon's proton gun is colored brown instead of black.

Two Ray's come into frame as Peter's voice over about having note seen the clones in a few weeks is heard.

During the encounter with Peter's clone, Peter's proton gun changes from being held in his hands, to being holstered on the pack in a few shots.

Both the clones of Egon and Winston are missing the black lines on the ghost trap doors when intimidating the real Egon and Winston.

The red buckle on the waist strap of the spare proton pack changes to gray when Peter says "You zapped my little buddy".
By The Joker
There a mistake I recently spotted in "The Bogeyman is Back". At the beginning, during the establishing long shot of Ray, Peter, and Egon blasting the one-eyed ghost, you can see the conical light vortex from the ghost trap, even though the trap hasn't been opened yet. (Note that they haven't animated in the squiggly energy lines yet).
By sydmorrison
look homeward ray has 2 mistakes when the 3 ghostbusters are running to help ray in the mansion winstion looks like ray and peter is dressed as winston and then toward the end winston turns into a white guy
By sydmorrison
in the episode crimebusters when the change the logo from the no ghosts one to a no crime one at one point toward the end maybe u see on peters arm he has the nocrimelog then the no ghostlogo for a second the back to the no crime logo
By Razorgeist
I read this over on another forum and it may very well answer the drop in animation quality.

http://thisweekingeek.net/episodes/twig ... ng-version
Two very nefarious things happened in the late 80s that would bring an end to the classic age of American-produced/Japanese-animated cartoons.
1. The market which made it possible for American studios to farm animation to Japanese studios, such as Tatsunoko and Toei, suddenly shifted, and it became very difficult and expensive to use these studios past 1986. At that time, there was a gradual shift to Korean studios, which were cheaper.
2. Nelson Shin, producer of the Transformers animated series, opened a Korean studio called AKOM which took much of the load at that time. AKOM is one of the worst overseas studios of all time, and shoddiness of their animation can be seen in such Transfomers episodes as “The Autobot Run”", The Five Faces of Darkness”, “City Of Steel”, “Carnage In C-Minor”, and “The Rebirth”.
And unfortunately, AKOM began to leave their stink on other beloved cartoons. The result was a noticeable drop in the quality of animation in shows such as Transformers, Real Ghostbusters, Captain N The Game Master, and Muppet Babies. The third seasons of both Transformers and Captain N are perhaps the most infamous among these. Other shows like GI Joe and Thundercats simply ceased to exist. (Thank god)
Additionally, the first five episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had been animated by Toei, but every episode afterward was animated by AKOM. And now you know why the opening theme has such good animation over the rest of the show.
Robotech, despite being stitched together from three pre-existing Japanese shows, had a planned second season which was to be written in America and animated in Japan by Tatsunoko Studios. Only three episodes of Robotech 2: The Sentinels were ever produced before the market for Japanese animation bottomed out.
This is actually a very simplified version of what happened. I’m leaving a lot of stuff out. But basically, if you’ve ever noticed that all of the awesome Japanese animated cartoons suddenly disappeared during the latter half of the 80s, now you have a general idea of why.
Makes sense and I do remember the horrible animation from those TF episodes.
By sydmorrison
in ghost r us egon's logo on the side is just a red dot in the begining
By joe-o-lantern
In the season 5 episode Live from Al Capone's Tomb Egon reads the words wrong off the cue card. Then in the shot right after Al Capone makes his first threat the on screen clock says five til midnight then the very next shot jumps to exactly 12 midnight, then on the very next shot is it 11:59 ( or so ) then peter states they had trouble with their transmitter and the shot goes to a close up of peter and the clock now says 11:00. The bell tower begans to chime 12 midnight but the onscreen clock continues to read 11:00.
Just before the showdown with Al Capone when Egon and Peter catch and trap the red suited goon ghost the proton streams and sound effects are missing from the entire sequence. The car just disintegrates, the ghost hovers up then egon throws out the trap. Looks rather silly.
By movieman1966
It took me 25 years but I found out this flaw in "Take Two", when the studio prop men bring in the prop proton packs, sees the real packs and says that there should be only four there, then picks up the real packs to put them into storage, as their doing do, says that the real packs are heavier than the props.

In that context, should the Ghostbusters, after they pick up the fake proton packs, notice that the packs they just picked up are lighter.

If the prop men noticed the weight difference, shouldn't the Ghostbusters also notice a weight difference?
By Megalomaniac
In "Mr. Sandman......" , Peter gets pulled into the apartment and the door slams shut. But you see four proton beams fire through the door instead of three.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
movieman1966 wrote:It took me 25 years but I found out this flaw in "Take Two", when the studio prop men bring in the prop proton packs, sees the real packs and says that there should be only four there, then picks up the real packs to put them into storage, as their doing do, says that the real packs are heavier than the props.

In that context, should the Ghostbusters, after they pick up the fake proton packs, notice that the packs they just picked up are lighter.

If the prop men noticed the weight difference, shouldn't the Ghostbusters also notice a weight difference?
I've thought about that one myself. What I've come up with - at least a "good enough" explanation - is that the GBs are so accustomed to just throwing the packs on their back that they didn't even think about the weight. Add that to the fact that they were being chased by a large monster and in the heat of battle were just ready to blast something, and I can see how it would just go unnoticed to them at the time.

That to say - it probably was a continuity error, but I'll let it slide. :)
In "A Fright at the Opera", during the sequence of the diva's performance when the Ghostbusters fight and capture the Valkyries, the gold armband on the diva's arms change position, disappear, sometimes there's one on each arm, all through that sequence.

And this answer goes out to The Joker and joeghostbuster, the member who asked this question:
the other thing that is obvious is that in the early episodes of volume 1, for the GB-logo ghost that says "the real ghostbusters will return in a moment" and "we now return to the real ghostbusters" they used arsenio halls voice, which is strange - then they switched to a high-pitched voice, maybe voiced by the guy who did slimer? but every so often they had the arsenio voice back in there
This same question was asked on the Real Ghostbusters board at IMDb.com and I answered that the Arsenio Hall "bumper" was created for the ABC Saturday morning episodes, and the Frank Welker (the voice of Slimer) "bumper" was created for the weekday syndicated episodes.

I'm still going through the season 2 episodes and Frank Welker's "bumper" has been in every one of those episodes except for one.
By Alex Newborn
For any cartoon detail that contradicts the movies, such as the color of psychomagnetheric slime or practically any visual difference, it always goes back to the episode Take Two for me.

It's the RGB equivalent of "repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I should really just relax'. "

The movies are Hollywood adaptations of the life stories of the REAL guys we see in the cartoon. (See how that dovetails nicely with the title of the show?) I mean, they weren't even happy with the casting of the films.

Since Hollywood always changes whatever it adapts, the inconsistencies are explained away as just artistic choices by the movie studio.

Alex
Lee FW liked this
By CPU64
Krenzy wrote:While I was watching (I believe) disc 2 of the first series with Dustin, Winston pulls a Michael Jackson as turns white outta nowhere, then he's back to black in the next scene. Not sure which epsiode.

Winston explains that in the first movie..
By Winston1986
What the TC said about noticing Ray s voice saying a line meant for Peter reminds me that happened also in Ghostbuster of the year and Bird of Kildarby. Also I want to make a correction to someone who responded to the guy who mentioned the ghostbusters crossing the streams in Mr. Sand Man. The person who responded to that poster mentioned something that happened in a different episode Citizen Ghost. So therefore it is a pretty big glitch in Mr. Sand Man if the Ghostbusters crossed streams and had nothing happen. Either that or the Network wouldn't allow that rule from the movie be allowed in the cartoon for parental reasons. I can't really think of any episode where they say not to cross the streams or even reference it.
By Sayscalled
In "Cry Uncle", after Cyrus accidently frees Stay-Puft, the guys are trying to chase it down in Ecto 1. Egon says to Winston (who is driving): "But he's too big for any of our traps!" to which Winston replies - "By themselves, yes." This leads to them hatching the capture.

I think the dialogue got switched. It seems Winston would be questioning trap size, whereas Egon would know they'd need to use multiple traps.

Also, when Egon calls out Stay-Puft, it's him from a wide shot, but it cuts to Peter's body, up close.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]