By Toddbobbentley
I have two flight suits I picked up and I'm trying to decide on which ones color seems more accurate... The one on the left is a heavier material and seems like a better color the one on the right is a very light fabric and has no labels other than made in China the left seems more legit to me but any help/input would be appreciated!

free upload pictures
Last edited by Toddbobbentley on April 11th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Naptime
To the left, to the left...
The left is more palatable in my opinion. I do believe the right one is a Rothco - more of a yellowish tone to it. Hope this helps!
By Higgs1
Definitely the one on the left. Can you show us the labels? Looks to be a nomex flight suit, heavier material, that's what several people use, looks nicer in my opinion.
By Naptime
Great choice. Looks like you got a nice nomex flightsuit. The other one is mos def a rothco knock off of a nomex.
A few updates, Its about 90% there! I'm waiting on GB fans elbow pads I'm not satisfied with the color of these, and the first belt gizmo I scratched and started another with a more accurate build plan, it's getting there I'm taking my time on it!
Imageimage sharingcertificity.com
Imagefree image hostcertificity.com
Imagephoto hosting sitescertificity.com
Imagehow to print screen on pccertificity.com
Okay guys, I'm not 100% sold on the gizmo and will likely opt for a pcb kit sooner or later, the boots came it and fit and feel great! I picked up a pack off eBay for a decent price... so the uniform is basically done, I got a few pics today!
Last edited by Toddbobbentley on April 30th, 2017, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cool::nicejobyoudid::crunch: Excellent progress and I wish you the best on building your props!
What type of suit were you wearing in the pic from 2 years ago?
So quick question guys, would it be frowned upon to wear let's say a GB2 belt gizmo with this GB1 inspired uniform? Has anyone done this before? I guess it's really not a big deal maybe I'm just being crazy lol
By Naptime
Toddbobbentley wrote:So quick question guys, would it be frowned upon to wear let's say a GB2 belt gizmo with this GB1 inspired uniform? Has anyone done this before? I guess it's really not a big deal maybe I'm just being crazy lol
Do what makes you happy! It's not like we're as strict as the 501st. Great job on the uniform!
Naptime wrote:
Toddbobbentley wrote:So quick question guys, would it be frowned upon to wear let's say a GB2 belt gizmo with this GB1 inspired uniform? Has anyone done this before? I guess it's really not a big deal maybe I'm just being crazy lol
Do what makes you happy! It's not like we're as strict as the 501st. Great job on the uniform!
The nomex suit really makes all the difference! I highly recommend them! And thanks for the help early on in the build! This site is full of great information that helped me build a great uniform!
I almost always wear my custom GB2 belt/fobs and gizmo with my GB1 suit, trap, and pack.
Toddbobbentley liked this
By djsparky
I'll be honest, I used to wear it all, loved the life guard. But at a certain point I wanted to just be just the guys I saw in the first movie. And slimmed down on the weight of it all too.

I found perfectly fitting vintage boots ok eBay and a real vintage Flightsuit LTD suit on eBay also (the color is the best match). And I decided to just go GB1. You can do what you want. But it's nice to be streamlined and accurate too.

What was that quote for women going out, look in a mirror and take one thing off before you go out. Lol.
I picked up a new GBII belt gizmo, it's one of spongeface's kits, I just got a holster for it. I'm sourcing out a new leather mt500 holster and fobs as well... this is such a fun and addictive hobby lol I'll get some pics in suit with the new gizmo very soon!
So I've been searching eBay up and down and also the boards here, I'm
Coming up empty on a nice leather MT500 Holster anyone know what part number holster will accommodate the radio or have any links/info?????
By Naptime
There's a guy on Facebook who runs Firehouse Props - he sells leather Motorola cases from time to time.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]