Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Matt Campbell
By MagicMan666
Vigo and Louise look great!!

Ray looks great too but there was no leg hose on the gey/charcoal unform and he should have a lifeguard. Hopefully these are just production samples and those errors will be corrected.

I'm hoping we get Slime Blower versions of Ray and Winston, and Courtroom Busters as well, but that would mean 9 figures taken with variants of the crew.
shanedalton liked this
By 910dohead
I agree with MagicMan666. Ditch the tubing and bring back the lifegard for the belt. I also hope that Santa hat is removable or Ray at least comes with an additional head sans the hat. Other than that, I think these look great!
By gboy6
The Louis head looks great, but they should've modified the body to make him shorter than the rest of the guys.
By DSTZach
Santa hat is removable, yes.

Not sure on final height on Louis, but these relative heights are not correct, Vigo is much taller.

I'll look into hose and lifeguard. Production samples would mean they came off of the assembly line, but I believe these are painted prototypes, not injection-molded figures. There is most likely some some parts re-use, but I'm not sure how final they are.
By DSTZach
I've passed along the notes about the belt needing to be black and Louis needing the GB2 logo (both of which are actually on our control artwork), plus the lifeguard and the leg hose. Not sure the width of the belt is changing, but we'll see. Also not sure I'd call it "lazy," but hey.
By MagicMan666
I agree, a couple of pretty minor errors in the grand scheme of things isn't really 'extremely lazy'. Errors happen, and I think it is great that diamond actually seem to listen to the fans. Matty did on some occasions, but that was like pulling teeth. The red wire on the Neutrona (NOT NEUTRINO!!) was originally green on the prototype, and when it was pointed out we were told we were just wrong many times!

Zach, do you know when the other figures in the GB2 line will be announced? And do you have a released date for Series 5?
By Doctor Venkman
grantofkings wrote:People on a toy forum I'm on are reporting finding the TRU versions of wave 5 this weekend.
Was just coming here to post that. We got them here in Buffalo this weekend. I plan on grabbing the set with the diorama pieces whenever they hit (hopefully soon), but I grabbed a Terror Dog as soon as I saw it, knowing that I'll need a second one without the diorama piece. I'm just guessing that those are eventually going to go for big money on the secondary market as people won't want to get a second with the diorama piece.
By DSTZach
Getting your second dog at TRU is definitely a good way to go, you'll save a few bucks. Note that the only diorama piece the Select version of the dog comes with is the lenticular vinyl portal background and mounting loops. So if you HAVE to buy two Select dogs, you'll at least have a spare of the only piece of the diorama that could potentially get damaged if stored incorrectly.
By J2Metal
Found the new wave in NJ this weekend at TRU. Grabbed 2 terror dogs since i don't have room for the diorama anyways, so i'm going for the cheaper TRU versions wherever possible.
By toby88
Doctor Venkman wrote:
grantofkings wrote:People on a toy forum I'm on are reporting finding the TRU versions of wave 5 this weekend.
Was just coming here to post that. We got them here in Buffalo this weekend. I plan on grabbing the set with the diorama pieces whenever they hit (hopefully soon), but I grabbed a Terror Dog as soon as I saw it, knowing that I'll need a second one without the diorama piece. I'm just guessing that those are eventually going to go for big money on the secondary market as people won't want to get a second with the diorama piece.
You're absolutely right about that. Ebay was a bunch of the Terror dogs without the diorama piece going from anyway from $30-40$. I already went on a scavenger hunt to find a Terror Dog from TRU, boy did I get lucky, found one in Orlando, after hitting Daytona and Tampa. I have a feeling scalpers have been hitting TRU, or even the TRU employees. I checked out my local TRU in Tampa and they didnt have any Terror Dogs, they had the Gray Lady, and the Zombie Taxi Driver. So I asked one of the workers if an item that was on the shelve is not there, does that mean its out of stock, or do you have extras in the back and haven't stocked them yet? Before I could finish my question he immediately said "out of stock!" and gave me a weird look. Oh, he knew I was talking about the Terror Dog, he knew!
By DSTZach
Please do NOT pay $30-40 for a Terror Dog from TRU, unless you are a TRU completist and just can't find it. I'm sure they will eventually go up on toysrus.com, but the Select versions (SRP: $24.99) will hit comic shops and specialty stores on Wednesday. Find a store at comicshoplocator.com, or check online retailers. Even with shipping, it would likely be less than $40.

First review of Series 5 and the full diorama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZj0UXKp8YY
By toby88
DSTZach wrote:Please do NOT pay $30-40 for a Terror Dog from TRU, unless you are a TRU completist and just can't find it. I'm sure they will eventually go up on toysrus.com, but the Select versions (SRP: $24.99) will hit comic shops and specialty stores on Wednesday. Find a store at comicshoplocator.com, or check online retailers. Even with shipping, it would likely be less than $40.

First review of Series 5 and the full diorama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZj0UXKp8YY
Zach, the $30-40 Terror Dogs were found on Ebay only, not TRU. Never the less, yes, please, nobody pay that much. Might I recommend Amazon, they have a few figs from past series below $20, with diorama piece.
By Doctor Venkman
Ended up ordering the Select Series 5 from BBTS after striking out at all of my local stores. Most of them said they didn't carry them because previous lines didn't sell as well. Here's hoping that BBTS gets them in stock soon. I had no other options and I want to finish this amazing diorama!
By Dr.D
Saw something this week about DST again suggesting that based on sales and interest they might tackle RGB. If they were to do an RGB diorama, anyone wanna throw out ideas? I keep thinking about the Containment Unit. If made to scale would be pretty big. Big enough for a dio maybe?
By BigTime72
I would think containment unit as well. More exciting to me is that we could finally get RGB villains in figure form. Grundel, Boogeyman, Samhain, and so on...Here's hoping!
Croker liked this
By Kingpin
The Containment would be a solid choice, unique enough from the movie dioramas to not be re-treading the same or similar ground. I hope Diamond are able to do figures, as I'd like to have some more show-accurate ones to put on display in place of my Kenner figures, and to make up for Mattel's lousy effort.
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:The Containment would be a solid choice, unique enough from the movie dioramas to not be re-treading the same or similar ground. I hope Diamond are able to do figures, as I'd like to have some more show-accurate ones to put on display in place of my Kenner figures, and to make up for Mattel's lousy effort.
I was one of the few people who liked the Retro Action figures...but the thought of some RGB figures along the lines of the movie-based ones Diamond Select's done...I'd buy the hell out of those things.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]