Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
All throughout the shows and movies I couldn't help but notice that the ghosts/etc seem to be more more about trouble making rather than outright evil and violent.

While getting scared or spooked did they ever actually fear for their lives? (not just being terrified beyond belief)

Is this ever addressed in the books or comics or cartoon or etc?

Has Egon ever had a broken nose? Winston wind up in the hospital?

While I'm not for arm ripping ghosts and bloodshed, it seems to me within the GB universe the boys in grey don't have to worry about getting injured or killed on the job. (Excluding crossing the streams of course).

I'm genuinely curious.
Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote:All throughout the shows and movies I couldn't help but notice that the ghosts/etc seem to be more more about trouble making rather than outright evil and violent.
The shows aren't really a good example, you're not going to have a lot of material showing your heroes getting hurt in a cartoon. The movies are a little different, but you don't really have the time to show your main characters going through a lengthy period of recovery for something like a broken arm, or some other significant injury.
deadderek wrote:While getting scared or spooked did they ever actually fear for their lives? (not just being terrified beyond belief)
Fearing for their lives? Well, on the whole, no, again with it being a cartoon, you're not likely to see them depicted as being fearful for their lives because you're not going to want to show your show's heroes as cowardly in some way...

However, one of the few big exceptions was Egon's fear attack which helped to bring the Boogieman back to our world, then there was Peter's sudden attack of anxiety when he'd climbed the girders in the Generous Motors warehouse to battle the Gremlins. Other instances are when Ray got sucked through the hole in the Limburger house, and when he encountered the disembodied hand in Cry Uncle.

In the IDW comics, there have been more examples of injury, the most prominent is from one of the early arcs involving the possessed theme park, where at the end Peter is briefly hospitalised after being dropped from a height while wearing his Proton Pack. Another was early into the Ghostbusters International arc, where Egon was forced to walk with a stick, and wear lighter equipment due to the burn he'd sustained on his leg.
Fearing for their lives? Well, on the whole, no, again with it being a cartoon, you're not likely to see them depicted as being fearful for their lives because you're not going to want to show your show's heroes as cowardly in some way...
there are plenty of other instances in the RGB series where they come close to biting the big one.
Captain steel saves the day to name another example with the GB's dropping into the water forcing them to cross streams to save themselves.
The elemental ghost that kept showing them the future with a few close calls, and the Mr. Sandman episode where Ray almost gets crushed by a gigantic pizza.
There had been the 88 mph comic where they GB's drop on top of the moving subway train mentioning hazard pay.
Pretty sure there were in danger and in fear for their lives plenty.

When Gozer nearly knocks them off the roof, and they're dangling?

The entire point of the final battle with Gozer is them basically accepting their deaths as a means of defeating Gozer and saving the world. They're brave, but they're definitely in danger.

Like others have said, Vigo had won.

Off the top of my head, episodes like "Ragnarok and Roll" and "Knock, Knock" definitely had them in situations of real danger.
I am glad someone mentioned the RGB episode Knock Knock. Another RGB episode that comes to mind is you can't take it with you where both Egon and Peter have to hang on for dear life on the side of a helicopter as they are flying away from an exploding building.
Heck, if they'd been a couple of steps back, that bookcase could've concussed them in the library!
JurorNo.2, deadderek, Sav C liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]