So I've been hard at work building my pack. Got a shell from etsy, clean up went great fiberglass on the inside drilled and tapped, mounted things and glued/bolted some stuff down. Next step is mounting it to the motherboard. But for the life of me I can't get the sync generator to sit flush. I've checked the level over and over, sanded and dremel-ed away as much as a can. It's entirely possible my shell warped when glassing is there a method for warping it back or should I stick with sanding it slowly back to level. When mounting will the motherboard bend to accommodate? Thanks in advance. I'm using Knowone Designs awesome shell by the way.
Knowone251 liked this
Pictures would help. Don't think you'll have a lot of success warping it back. If there is a gap, you can fill and sculpt with black Milliput.
I didn't think warping it back was a viable option. Actually after taking pictures it's the closest it's been to sitting right. The left side with the cosmetic plating is the furthest and at it's thin already. I may have shaved too much off.
I see what you mean. Some have used the "driveway method" to even out the shell. Basically, you set the shell on the concrete surface and scrape. The driveway acts like a giant sandpaper pad. But this can also chip the thin areas of the shell.

Not familiar with this shell but I think Milliput (or Apoxie Sculpt or...) would be a good fix to fill in the gap. Might take a few sessions to get it just right.

Apply from the back, thick enough to ensure a good bond. Extend the epoxy far enough fill the gap. On a surface with wax paper, turn the shell over and press down until the epoxy is flush with the surface. Let cure. Sand edges down with Dremel until you have a smooth outer surface.
ccv66 liked this
I used a mouse sander with 80 grit pads and carefully sanded down the back of the shell that was hitting the motherboard first, bit by bit until my shell was sitting as flush against the motherboard as I could get it. It came out very well, especially considering I started with a 1/2" gap at the top right corner behind the HGA...
Nixxthapunk liked this
Nixxthapunk wrote:So I've been hard at work building my pack. Got a shell from etsy, clean up went great fiberglass on the inside drilled and tapped, mounted things and glued/bolted some stuff down. Next step is mounting it to the motherboard. But for the life of me I can't get the sync generator to sit flush. I've checked the level over and over, sanded and dremel-ed away as much as a can. It's entirely possible my shell warped when glassing is there a method for warping it back or should I stick with sanding it slowly back to level. When mounting will the motherboard bend to accommodate? Thanks in advance. I'm using Knowone Designs awesome shell by the way.
Hey Nixxthapunk! Glad you like our shell. I've used thin craft foam or black window insulation strips to make a gasket around the shell. that helps even out any areas and allows for the possible flexing of the motherboard or shell. Just another idea.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]