Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Braz
pferreira1983 wrote:I've asked the British Ghostbusters Fans in the past what the price of a pack would cost and they said about £2000.
Ben of Kent Props do some nice ones and they charge £1000 for a GB1 pack and £1200 for a GB2 pack, if I'm not mistaken. The only problem is that they have a waiting list that goes all the way to 2019 and aren't currently accepting anyone else on the list. Believe me, I've tried.
By pferreira1983
Braz wrote:Ben of Kent Props do some nice ones and they charge £1000 for a GB1 pack and £1200 for a GB2 pack, if I'm not mistaken. The only problem is that they have a waiting list that goes all the way to 2019 and aren't currently accepting anyone else on the list. Believe me, I've tried.
Can I ask what's the difference between the GB1 pack and GB2 pack? I thought they were the same?
By Braz
pferreira1983 wrote:Can I ask what's the difference between the GB1 pack and GB2 pack? I thought they were the same?
Sorry, buddy, but I didn't ask. You can check out their page on Facebook. If you ask Benarie Smith about the difference, I'm pretty sure he will answer you quickly. He's really good in customer relations.
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:Can I ask what's the difference between the GB1 pack and GB2 pack? I thought they were the same?
Customising the straps to make them more padded maybe?
By Braz
Kingpin wrote:
So I just sent a message to Ben. Here's what he said about the differences: "...it's mainly the Alice frame is a different colour, the ribbon cable is different, the angle of the V-Hook, the shock mount, the heat sync it's just little different on the parts."

I had prices wrong. It's £1100 for a GB1 pack and £1000 for a GB2 pack.
Braz wrote: Here's what he said about the differences: "...it's mainly the Alice frame is a different colour, the ribbon cable is different, the angle of the V-Hook, the shock mount, the heat sync it's just little different on the parts."
The ALICE frames should always be the same color (black), regardless of which version; GB1 Hero packs had black anodized LC-1 frames, while most of the semi-hero packs had olive drab LC-2 frames painted black.
By Kingpin
A few more of the differences (though I didn't know it was the parts that specifically dictated the difference in price): the black crank knob rather than the GB1 grey one, the updated pneumatic elbows, the brass fitting not being on the Ion Arm cap but on the arm itself, and it being hex rather than square.
By abaka
Braz wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
So I just sent a message to Ben. Here's what he said about the differences: "...it's mainly the Alice frame is a different colour, the ribbon cable is different, the angle of the V-Hook, the shock mount, the heat sync it's just little different on the parts."

Nice to see someone who is selling packs as his main income has an eye to note the most obvious differences, but fail to spot the less obvious differences. A quick google search would reveal those details...I'd expect a prop builder who makes his living through this have a better eye.
By Braz
Starting to think they will really ship in the spring. They added "Shipping in Spring 2017" on the Proton Pack page. Plus, they updated their shipping calendar and it's still labeled as SPRING 2017.
By Kingpin
Although the information will be useful for some, I feel it should be remembered that this thread is for discussing Anovos's Proton Pack kit, rather than advertising products from other manufacturers. You're welcome to post topics for the other makers/Facebook groups in the Proton Pack section.
Braz, zeta otaku, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:Although the information will be useful for some, I feel it should be remembered that this thread is for discussing Anovos's Proton Pack kit, rather than advertising products from other manufacturers. You're welcome to post topics for the other makers/Facebook groups in the Proton Pack section.
Ok sorry. :)
By jconover82
abaka wrote:
Braz wrote:

Nice to see someone who is selling packs as his main income has an eye to note the most obvious differences, but fail to spot the less obvious differences. A quick google search would reveal those details...I'd expect a prop builder who makes his living through this have a better eye.
Ben knows his stuff. He's was most likely giving a brief synopsis. He's an awesome guy that I've talked to several times and one of the better prop builders. Check out his work and you'll see his "eyes" are just fine.
Braz liked this
By abaka
I have seen his work, and I'm not impressed. His ignorance was plain to see when he said his shell was a better shell than a Bosh shell because he had corrected "known faults from older plans".

Very nice when you're a paying customer when I pointed out a flaw in his "corrected" shell, he blocked me from his site.
By ccv66
Kingpin wrote:Although the information will be useful for some, I feel it should be remembered that this thread is for discussing Anovos's Proton Pack kit, rather than advertising products from other manufacturers. You're welcome to post topics for the other makers/Facebook groups in the Proton Pack section.
By ccv66
I wonder if that's a ploy to spike sales. People buying right before shipping dates, then post pone and repeat.. I still think they'll have an almost ship ready display pack for Comic-Con and ships in August/September. Joe's review video said the end if this year, but I would imagine October is there deadline. Halloween would probably drive a bunch of new sales or people already bought demanding refunds if they cant deliver.

Ill bet a beer it doesn't ship in a June
By rgamble84
Still have until the end of the month... Not happening, I wonder if they're not getting enough orders or just can't get their stuff together. You can make your own for the same price anyways. They're going to have a year of delays.
By ccv66
It's the go fund me proton pack....I'd guess theyre using the sales( not their anovos $$) for R &D, then probably waiting for the magic number to mass produce. With the combination of several other projects and the lack of man power. We were warned from the beginning that they take forever on everything

You could do better/expensive or you could do cheaper, but the thought the anovos will be best pack for the dollar and probably the easiest to assemble. Not to many people get to laser scan scan real packs. But a big assumption, who knows what the final pack will look like. I would like to think they have a final pack for San Diego comic con and ship late July to August
By ccv66
I figured they would have a finalized pack for comicon, but for some reason I thought it was in June, not July. September is probably a safe bet. If it's the exact same pack from wondercon , we probably won't get a pack till Xmas
By deadderek
The Anovos page has been updated with what looks to be actual pics of their proton pack assembled.

ccv66, Kingpin, MasterOod liked this
By ccv66
Looks like they frosted the tip, which I don't think they had at wondercon.. Also looks like metal knobs and real clippard valve. Hopefully that will make the final cut.. Also got an email about all 4 name tags will be including with the jumpsuit.. Not sure how I feel about that.. Is it coming with Velcro? allowing us more freedom to choose, but also making us sew on our own name tags.. Probably better for people who are indecisive or wanted to sew on custom name tags

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]