So I have finally finished my pack, now its time to work on a trap. Bishops plans look the best and have the most detail, so on my breaks at work I made them into programs and had another company waterjet them for me because i wasnt too happy with how my plasma cutter cut them.

The only thing i really changed on it was the cartridge length and i just added 1/4 of an inch to it. For this build im going to try to make it entirely out of aluminum. Im also going to try to do the 15 pin connector with a track and the doors to be operational (any help on that would be very appreciated). Just waiting for a few more parts to arrive and i can really get into this build.
If you want to go by the actual prop, the back of the cartridge, (the square plate with the two tabs in the top center of the image) is made out of sheet like the sides, and the tabs were welded on top.
Also the top of the cartridge doesn't use a plate frame, it had a two step bend, which goes around the top edge.
Oh when I was looking at reference pictures it looked like the back of the cartridge was thicker than sheet. Also didn't know that the lip going into the cartridge was a bend and I wouldn't have been able to bend it anyways because the bender I have at work can't bend something that small. Because of that I also well need to make the cartridge have 3 plates on its sides instead of having one piece bent going around it.
This looks like the start of something awesome...I'll be watching this one for sure! Subscribed. I'm doing an aluminium/resin kit combo build myself, with the working doors as well, but no where near that stage yet. Will be using the Hyperdyne Labs electronics kit and 2 small servo motors for the doors.
Ive finally been able to get some progress done on my trap! Life has been being life and ive been busy but got the track system all taken care of. Accidentally countersunk one of the holes too far on the top rails and had to start over but im happy with it now.

Got the sides of the main body all drilled and tapped too (despite breaking a tap in a hole).

Also got all the side plates and vector plate drilled out and fitted. The resistor i got for the vector plate is the wrong size and fits in it crooked but i think ill just sand it a bit and make it fit.

So now all im waiting for is the material im going to use as the back of the body where the battery box connects. Once i get that im going to drill and use a scroll saw to cut out a hole for the connector that goes from the body to the cartridge. Then it will be time to weld all the pieces together!
Looking good! Like CPU says you've got the correct resistor I'm sure, you just need to flatten the round ends
Ahh ok I guess I hadnt noticed that in the reference pictures but that's good to know. The only thing I'm waiting on now for the outside body is the knobs and round bars. I ordered some from nickotron but they are taking their time. I might end up using the resin ones as molds and casting them in aluminum.
Do any of you guys know what the names of the pins or where I could get them. They are used just above the track and are spring loaded to push the cartridge out. I've seen them used other traps but don't know what they are called.
Thanks for any help!
So update time!
I've slotted out the hole for the 15 pin connector (i feel like an office worker with all the filing i had to do). I also have the knobs mounted on the sides and just need to get the rods on there too ( I got the rods and knobs from nickotron).
I also bought the push pins and the handle from throwingchickens new kit as well.
Now for the fun part! I have all the holes i need in the trap body so now its time to weld it all together!
I really liked this part because i haven't done any tig welding in years so it was nice to dust off those skills.
It cleaned up very nicely and most importantly all the sides were square and lined up with each other.
Excuse the writing, its just there so i didn't set up anything the wrong way.
Now to do some work on the battery box and the axles and wheels!
Kingpin, GBDRE760 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]