Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Very pleasing to hear this news; fans that loved GB2016 will be very happy to hear this. ^_^
Alphagaia liked this
Well I am very interested in how these characters will develop post 101. There is still the question weather there will be any long term effects in the ATC world after their 101 adventure. I really love the fact that this mini series is being handled by a different team so that Eric, Dan and Tom don't have to diviate from the Prime Universe in favor of the ATC universe. This means that both worlds can coexist and keep things pretty grounded in both worlds until they work up to the next big Ghostbusters Event. I mean with the Prime Ghostbusters interdimentional portal still at play anything is possible in the future. Even if the Prime Ghostbusters put away the portal for a bit I seriousy doubt they would destroy it. Theres still too much for Ray and Egon to learn about other dimensions. :):):)
I hope this wasn't a premature spoiling of the big announcement at the SDCC panel later this week.

It would be cool to see two series a month, but a. I think Erik, Dan, and Luis deserve some R&R and b. that work load would quickly murder me at the wiki, and c. Diamond delays would never let that happen :P
philmorgan81, Alphagaia liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:I hope this wasn't a premature spoiling of the big announcement at the SDCC panel later this week.
I know right? I am hoping that this announcement is just a small taste of what will be talked about at the Panal. You are right. The 5 Issue ATC series may be a way for Erik, Dan and Luis to get some R&R. ATC will cover October to Febuary, but we have no idea if that is all we have to look forward to. I am real excited for the next big announcement. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on July 19th, 2017, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
mrmichaelt liked this
I'm just really happy to see the new team still get support from Ghost Corps, even if only indirectly via IDW. Plus 101 has been fantastic, so I'm psyched to see where new writers will take them!

As you all say, though, it would be awfully deflating if this has just spoiled the Comic Con announcment. Seems an odd one to have Erik and Dan on a panel for, though - "And the big news is: we're having a holiday!"
When asked how long she kept it a secret, Thompson said it was way longer than October 2016.
https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/stat ... 1788893184

Man, they must have decided on it between the theatrical and home release...

October solicits are out. AndIssue #1 is set for October 11 and just 4 covers so far. The other 2 is a 1:10 photo and the other a 1:25 but Previews World doesn't have them posted. Synopsis:
"What Dreams May Come, Part 1!" On a routine house call to dispose of a simple Class III spook, Abby, Patty, Erin, and Holtzmann encounter a truly terrifying Class VII that appears to be feeding on fear. Able to create illusions that prey on their greatest fears, and with designs on turning the world into its own nightmare dimension ('natch!) our ladies may have finally met their match!
Bullet points:
* This is it! Don't miss the ladies from the 2016 film in their very own series!
* All-new hi-jinks and ghostly mayhem begins here!
* A perfect jumping on point for Ghostbuster fans both old and new!
Is it just me or does that sound like the Boogieman?
Last edited by mrmichaelt on July 19th, 2017, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:That is an awesome cover.
Apart from the backwards no-ghost logos.
Maybe they're visiting us over here!
Lee FW liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
"What Dreams May Come, Part 1!" On a routine house call to dispose of a simple Class III spook, Abby, Patty, Erin, and Holtzmann encounter a truly terrifying Class VII that appears to be feeding on fear. Able to create illusions that prey on their greatest fears, and with designs on turning the world into its own nightmare dimension ('natch!) our ladies may have finally met their match!
Is it just me or does that sound like the Boogieman?
With some RGB Sandman and Extreme Ghostbusters thrown in for good measure.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_Itself

Of course, all of those examples are likely paying homage to material external to the Ghostbusters universe in the first place.
robbritton, mrmichaelt liked this
The sad reality is that 101 isn't selling very well. I've said this before that I could've bought all 4 issues a day after issue 4 came out in triplicate with variant covers. What sales it is making is on the backs of the exceptional creative team (not part of this series) and the classic IDW GB universe that the story inhabits. If the story and (unbiased reviews) are decent I may go the route of Sayscalled and pick up the collected edition. The only reason I bought 101 is because of my love of the original team and the IDW creative team, not because of the reboot.
Sayscalled, deadderek liked this
Although the numbers are dropping, it's still doing better than the last few issues of International and the annual. Plus it seems to have levelled off between issues three and four.

The truth of this is that Ghostbusters just isn't that big deal a franchise to the wider comics world. It has nothing to do with the ATC team at all, they've never been big sellers.

honestly, it's a miracle IDW continues with the license, but I'm incredibly glad that they do. Maybe if more of us stopped waiting for the trades, the number'd be higher, eh?
robbritton wrote:Although the numbers are dropping, it's still doing better than the last few issues of International and the annual. Plus it seems to have levelled off between issues three and four.

The truth of this is that Ghostbusters just isn't that big deal a franchise to the wider comics world. It has nothing to do with the ATC team at all, they've never been big sellers.

honestly, it's a miracle IDW continues with the license, but I'm incredibly glad that they do. Maybe if more of us stopped waiting for the trades, the number'd be higher, eh?
@ *referring to bold*

Indeed so; at least they're dedicated to keeping the GB lore alive, that's for sure.
I for one am glad to see this, but I guess like some here have expressed, the lack of sales and the scale of popularity Ghostbusters has in the comic world is a factor that makes me worried for the IDW line because the team doing it are pretty much the people thus far presented an excellent representation of the world and characters. I think the people involved with the ATC crew will do them justice and beyond, but personally I don't want it to replace the prime team. I rather both co-exist like how DC and Marvel has several types of comic lines for one character or group. I mean, didn't the New 52 have like 4 story lines on the Batman? However, I think a reason IDW hasn't given up on the Ghostbusters licence so far is that for a time being, it's back in the public eye thanks to the new movie and its quality content that makes decent enough. Would we like it to be #1? Sure, but then again, not every good thing needs to be a top-seller to be good. This October, I'm happy to jump into the new film's universe a little more.

Although, I am bummed because last August, I did start to make my own stories and only recently made friends with a talented artist/ghosthead who is helping me make the stories into fan comics. They're free and fun, but well, maybe I can do a story based thing with Sony/Ghost Corps someday.
philmorgan81 liked this
Sayscalled wrote:I really want to like this.... But in the absence of Burnham's writing or Dapper Dan's artwork, I'm going to have to read reviews and peep digital copies, before I commit to buying a TPB.

Oh, and I hope this wasn't tomorrow's big SDCC panel announcement.

I hope not either as it is the ATC comic announcement was kind of "MEH" to me. I am not very fond of the ATC crew and even with Erik's great writing in 101 the ATC group to me are still not very likable. They had a hard time carrying a movie and I am worried that they will have a hard time carrying a comic title of their own. One thing that I thought of with the new ATC title that is pretty positive is that the ATC crew will have learned a few tricks from the Seniors of Spook Busting in their 101 adventure. Maybe they can take what they learn from this adventure and bring it to their world. :):):)

DarkSpectre wrote:Id love to see them move to a new version of RGB using Dans art and Erik's
writing if things go belly up at IDW
Oh that is one of many things that I am rooting for if ATC does well enough. Again I don't know how well these characters can carry their book, but I support it 100% if it is the beginning of more spin off titles with the Ghostbusters. I mean IDW has so many comics with the TMNT universe. They have the regular ongoing series, The Micro Series, The ongoing series that is based on the New Nick Series and the TMNT Universe comic. I can see them doing that with Ghostbusters. Granted Ghostbusters is probably not as big a property as TMNT. I only say this because TMNT got it's start in comics in the first place. I mean with Ghostbusters you could have the Regular Ongoing Series, The ATC series, A new ongoing series based in the world of RGB, A Spin off of the Ongoing series that shifts focus to other franchises in the Prime Universe like The Rookie and Ron or Melanie Ortiz having some misadventures with some Rookies creating new characters and expanding the world even more. Heck they can even do a comic series tie in on whatever world they are building for Ecto Force. I personally would have done a mini series spin off of RGB before ATC, but the Reboot crew are probably more familiar to younger readers. If this is the Gambit that IDW is playing I really hope it pays off because I wouldn't mind being over saturated with Ghostbusters Comics. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
groschopf wrote:With some RGB Sandman and Extreme Ghostbusters thrown in for good measure.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_Itself.
Ha. Nice catch.
DarkSpectre wrote:That I don't know, Lee since the ongoing series stopped being ongoing a few years ago.
Ghostbusters International was Volume 3 of the ongoing series. They managed to keep the moniker for the whole run unlike Volume 2's New Ghostbusters.
Lee FW wrote:pretty comparable figures to the ongoing series no?
Just as a head's up reminder, I keep a sales chart in my signature, it will take you to a blog on the wiki (because Photobucket decided to alienate all of their users) and I will keep the chart there perpetually and will update when new figures come out.

101 #4 performed about the same as International #9-11 -- which is standard for sales to drop to towards the end of the run. Obviously, #1 issues will always be the highest because it's the first issue, a lot try it out, there's comic collectors that are going after the #1, and the GB fans. But oddly, the Annual 2017 did the all time worst in sales of IDW GB comics.

If you want to look at it comparatively with the other 2 crossovers -- yeah, the TMNT/GB mini demolished Get Real and 101. The only comics that came close to their numbers were I think Volume 1 and 2's #1 issues from the ongoing. So you can argue they should have done a sequel mini instead if sales are the only driver you're looking at. For instance, we don't know the projections IDW has and Erik has told me that the sales figures we've seen over the years satisfy the bean counters so there's no emergency to declare.

EDIT: I agree, this mini could be IDW dipping their toes and seeing if spin-offs for GB can be as lucrative and successful as the TMNT titles. I've longed for a Chicago GB and that core 4 idea spin offs.
philmorgan81 wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:I really want to like this.... But in the absence of Burnham's writing or Dapper Dan's artwork, I'm going to have to read reviews and peep digital copies, before I commit to buying a TPB.

Oh, and I hope this wasn't tomorrow's big SDCC panel announcement.

I hope not either as it is the ATC comic announcement was kind of "MEH" to me. I am not very fond of the ATC crew and even with Erik's great writing in 101 the ATC group to me are still not very likable. They had a hard time carrying a movie and I am worried that they will have a hard time carrying a comic title of their own. One thing that I thought of with the new ATC title that is pretty positive is that the ATC crew will have learned a few tricks from the Seniors of Spook Busting in their 101 adventure. Maybe they can take what they learn from this adventure and bring it to their world. :):):)

DarkSpectre wrote:Id love to see them move to a new version of RGB using Dans art and Erik's
writing if things go belly up at IDW
Oh that is one of many things that I am rooting for if ATC does well enough. Again I don't know how well these characters can carry their book, but I support it 100% if it is the beginning of more spin off titles with the Ghostbusters. I mean IDW has so many comics with the TMNT universe. They have the regular ongoing series, The Micro Series, The ongoing series that is based on the New Nick Series and the TMNT Universe comic. I can see them doing that with Ghostbusters. Granted Ghostbusters is probably not as big a property as TMNT. I only say this because TMNT got it's start in comics in the first place. I mean with Ghostbusters you could have the Regular Ongoing Series, The ATC series, A new ongoing series based in the world of RGB, A Spin off of the Ongoing series that shifts focus to other franchises in the Prime Universe like The Rookie and Ron or Melanie Ortiz having some misadventures with some Rookies creating new characters and expanding the world even more. Heck they can even do a comic series tie in on whatever world they are building for Ecto Force. I personally would have done a mini series spin off of RGB before ATC, but the Reboot crew are probably more familiar to younger readers. If this is the Gambit that IDW is playing I really hope it pays off because I wouldn't mind being over saturated with Ghostbusters Comics. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

This is pretty much I would love to see regarding the comics future; this will expand on the GB lore in many ways without ruining the GB legacy and it will pretty much achieve that goal in making Akyroyd's original idea since the 80's finally come to life. Even Ivan knows this after reading his latest interview last month in June.

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/ivan-r ... ure-films/

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]