Straight from Ghost Corps post on Facebook.

Just to get an idea this the pack on a 6 foot tall person:

Cost is gonna be $70 and it's going to be released for this season's Halloween!!! Has lights and sounds! You can watch the video on Ghost Corps Facebook page if you're interested!
machina28, GBDRE760 liked this
Skyknight wrote:Why is this not available for europe?
While I can't speak for the pack, I recall the PKE couldn't officially be shipped over due to some European labeling restrictions ...
I suspect the above photo is of the production version, as Ghost Corps were talking about giving some away last night. It's even more likely that's the final product given that it's already expected to be out in time for Halloween.
deadderek, machina28 liked this
Seems people have started getting them:

Spirit cancelled my order. I didn't realise that they had been transferring the funds in and out of my account like 5 times over the last couple weeks and they tried taking payment right when my account had no money in it. As I thought they'd already take it.

f***. Just...f***. Who knows if they'll be available this friday and when the hell i'll even be able to get one now.
AlexC wrote:Spirit cancelled my order. I didn't realise that they had been transferring the funds in and out of my account like 5 times over the last couple weeks and they tried taking payment right when my account had no money in it. As I thought they'd already take it.

f***. Just...f***. Who knows if they'll be available this friday and when the hell i'll even be able to get one now.
I'm sorry dude. I've noticed them try to charge me several times as well but it never gets past pending. I'm starting to get worried. I'll probably just head over to my local Spirit Halloween and see what I can work out. I wouldn't mind having more than one if possible anyway.
In my case, they actually took the funds out several times. I made a very large payment from the account I used for the pack which temporarily left it empty. For like a day. Then out of the blue...CANCELLED.

I've never known any other company to do things this way. Had I known, i'd have used another account. It's a pita.
My preorder is sitting in my credit card as pending and has been since the day I preordered. Nothing out of the ordinary that I have seen. It's not been going in and out. What kind of payment did you make? The preorders are still available so you can reorder it.
AlexC wrote:In my case, they actually took the funds out several times. I made a very large payment from the account I used for the pack which temporarily left it empty. For like a day. Then out of the blue...CANCELLED.

I've never known any other company to do things this way. Had I known, i'd have used another account. It's a pita.
They fully charged you multiple times?
CountDeMonet wrote:My preorder is sitting in my credit card as pending and has been since the day I preordered. Nothing out of the ordinary that I have seen. It's not been going in and out. What kind of payment did you make? The preorders are still available so you can reorder it.
Yesterday it showed a pending transaction for my pre-order and today it is no where to be found. Money hasn't been taken out at all. This has happened at least 3 times that I've noticed since I pre-ordered on 7/22. I'm using my chase total checking account that I share with my wife. Never had an issue with it before.

I just sent Spirit Halloween an email asking about the status of my payment. I'll let you know what they say.
So yea, Spirit Halloween's Customer Service department is absolute CRAP!

Had the same thing happen as others. I had an order cancelled, never received any notification, and they literally offered no help whatsoever to fix the problem. Just basically said, "oh well, reorder it and go to the back of the line."

Same situation as others, and they even admitted, they place a "retail hold" every 7-9 business days. So they'll keep taking the money out and putting it back in. This caused an issue with my credit card company, which cancelled the one order.
Yeah, they took the money out fully and redeposited it SIX times since the 22nd of July. I used an account which is mostly just empty most of the time. The only thing that ever really goes out of it is rent and utilities. Once I saw the payment go out I hadn't bothered checking the account since then. And then I find out it was cancelled.

However, I don't see anyone else getting packs in the last few days outside of advance copies for reviewers. So it could be that being sent to the back of the line won't have any impact anyway since it looks like that 10/15 shipping date is the one they're going with for all the orders.
I just got an email back saying the preorder got delayed to 9/15. Ill be right in the middle of my vacation to NY ironically.
AlexC wrote:Hmmm. I wonder why their site still says 10/15 on the order page. Maybe early pre-orders are out 9/15 and the rest are 10/15.
Yeah, pre-orders were likely done in batches. Anyone who orders now will get it later (10/15 or later).
So I'm working on getting my uniform put together but my skills to build an actual pack from start to finish are ...... well let's just say I have a better chance of winning the lottery. That being said I don't have the available funds to buy a replica pack. So my thought is to buy this pack and mount it on an Alice pack, while not an exact replica it's pretty close. This would give me a complete uniform short of a few things here and there. Would this be sufficient for joint a franchise and showing up for events
Firefighterguy wrote:So I'm working on getting my uniform put together but my skills to build an actual pack from start to finish are [...] Would this be sufficient for joint a franchise and showing up for events
Based on what I believe to be true about this community, nobody really cares what kind of pack you have. Being a fan of the franchise is good enough for most people. Everybody's economic situation is different so it's unrealistic to expect 1:1 replicas.
deadderek liked this
Firefighterguy wrote:Would this be sufficient for joint a franchise and showing up for events
It'll depend on what gear the franchise is happy to accept.

A lot are pretty open when it comes to custom gear, however I do know that some of the toy replicas (the Matty wand) for instance have divided opinions. Some events may be fine for folks to attend with the Matty Proton Gun and the Spirit Halloween Pack (some folks are even considering getting the Pack as an inexpensive option that other convention-goers can wear in place of borrowing somebody's expensive prop replica), other events may clearly state that the toy replicas aren't acceptable to wear if the costumed appearance is a big PR thing, and the people asking the Ghostbusters group to attend requests a particular standard (the group I'm with frequently attends an annual New Year's Day parade, and one year we got a snotty criticism from someone in the parade organisers that they wanted our gear to be on-spec, and this was before the Matty and Spirit replicas had become available).

It never hurts to ask if things are welcomed (and if there isn't some sort of FAQ for the group).
deadderek liked this
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I received an email on Friday stating that my pack had shipped. USPS says it's due to be here today.

I ordered the day they were announced (Originally, I had an expected shipping date of 8-15) and I payed for expedited shipping.

As for the payment complaints: I used PayPal for my order which did a pre-auth (never took the money out, just verified it was there). Every couple of days, PayPal would run the pre-auth on my account again, so I never really had the "yo-yo" of the payment in and out of my account.

I can't wait to get my hands on this later today. I plan on doing some mods to it as others have mentioned (mount to ALICE frame, replacing the ribbon cable, a good repaint, etc.). I know it's small and all but I bought this for my 9 year old daughter and I figure it might be nice to have as a spare to loan out for large events as our group never seems to have enough packs to go around.
I have three total orders.

Two orders were placed on the day they came out (one of which has now been cancelled). Another order was placed the following day. (And I now have a replacement order for the cancelled one as well).

So basically, my existing order from Day One and my existing order from Day Two have shipped and are arriving today or tomorrow. The third order, which was placed only about a week ago to replace the wrongfully cancelled order, is obviously delayed.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]