Ectoboy16 wrote:I contacted Spirit Halloween via web chat recently. I asked if the packs would be available online only or through stores too. They said that stores would have a limited supply. Now I think we may actually be able to get them quicker at a store instead of online ordering. Leaving time for mods
Which would totally suck if that were the case. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and buy a store's whole supply.
Seems people have started getting them for review:

(also posted in Proton Pack section)
DarkSpectre wrote:I've been running a tally in my head of how much it would cost to upgrade the Rubies pack, given you already have a Matty thrower and hook. Judging by the videos Ghost Corp posted, The lights only light up when the gun fires. you'll have to open it up and replace the lighting anyway if you're using a Matty thrower because the thrower of the rubies pack activates it. So you're looking at another 70 dollars to get a light kit and the Matty electronics adapter to be able to activate the pack lights from the thrower plus adding an alice frame will run you between 30-40 dollars with straps and swapping out fittings wires and cables could run another 25-50 bucks. So that actually puts it at

Pack: $70
GBfans pack lights: $50 shipped (roughly)
Matty thrower electroincs adapter: $25
Ribbon Cables, fittings: $25-30
Alice frame : $40
(Optional) Matty Gun Hook (Alan Hawkins) $25
So for about $215 bucks ($240 if you have to buy a gun hook) you could make a decent replica pack if 80% scale works for you size wise

where do you get a matty electronics thrower adapter???????
Yeah, just got that email too. Ironically ill be out of town on 9/15 probably visiting the firehouse in NY.
ROBOrob77 wrote:
delta88 wrote:I pre-ordered when it first went up. Just got a email saying it was pushed to 9/15.
Me 4. Hopefully it's not pushed back again...I might try to hunt 'em down from one of their stores and cancel my order.
And thats if the stores even get them at a reasonable time/at all. Im going to be on the lookout but there is no telling when the stores would have stock. I was hoping to get two more but I cant have them pulling out and redepositing $210 from my account over and over again until they finally ship.
J10kmn wrote:Seems people have started getting them for review:

(also posted in Proton Pack section)
I watched this the other day. The ghostheads who have reviewed these say they received his packs early for reviews. Not sure anyone has actually received shipped packs. I chatted with customer service on Tuesday and was told she would check with the warehouse. Then today's email about 9.15 delay.
Grrrr...
If I recall this is a common issue with Rubies. Last year the foam packs were somewhat scarce, the reboot versions even more so. I wouldn't be surprised if the run is extremely limited and the stores get stock priority over internet orders. For those who ordered, good luck. I hope rubies doesn't screw you guys over.
DarkSpectre wrote:If I recall this is a common issue with Rubies. Last year the foam packs were somewhat scarce, the reboot versions even more so. I wouldn't be surprised if the run is extremely limited and the stores get stock priority over internet orders. For those who ordered, good luck. I hope rubies doesn't screw you guys over.
I could be totally wrong but I believe the Pack is made my Spirit itself and not Rubies. Very similar situation though it seems.
J10kmn wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:If I recall this is a common issue with Rubies. Last year the foam packs were somewhat scarce, the reboot versions even more so. I wouldn't be surprised if the run is extremely limited and the stores get stock priority over internet orders. For those who ordered, good luck. I hope rubies doesn't screw you guys over.
I could be totally wrong but I believe the Pack is made my Spirit itself and not Rubies. Very similar situation though it seems.
Well, the title of the thread is Spirit, not Rubies lol.
Last edited by 80sguy on August 19th, 2017, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm really excited to see everyone to start modifying them. I saw the review from "grownassnerds" and he said the packs are built like a shell so it should be easy to modify the electronics... i just hope the pack is big enough. I'm willing to drop a lot of money modifying it, including adding gbfans light kit and matty wand sound board, i just hope it isn't too small!!
80sguy wrote:
J10kmn wrote:
Well, the title of the thread is Spirit, not Rubies lol.
To be fair Spirit stores do carry Rubies products but the point still stands, lol.
DarkSpectre wrote:Rep, it's about 80% scale about the same size as the reboot packs and the thrower is about 60% scale
yeah that's what I read, I'm big guy, I'm 6' 1" 230 lbs.... I'm willing to make this a "permanent pack" until I save up and get one commissioned, as long as it doesn't look like a little midget on my back. I want to add gbfans lights and spongface matty adapter to the pack I made last year, but I basically made a budget pack that I glued a bunch of stuff to a mother board....it looks great but I have no way of adding a speaker to my pack, and too add the lights I basically have to rip my pack apart.... I thought this would be an opportunity with it being a shell to add the speaker and lights easily and replace the wand with my matty....
Reppert7 wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Rep, it's about 80% scale about the same size as the reboot packs and the thrower is about 60% scale
yeah that's what I read, I'm big guy, I'm 6' 1" 230 lbs.... I'm willing to make this a "permanent pack" until I save up and get one commissioned, as long as it doesn't look like a little midget on my back. I want to add gbfans lights and spongface matty adapter to the pack I made last year, but I basically made a budget pack that I glued a bunch of stuff to a mother board....it looks great but I have no way of adding a speaker to my pack, and too add the lights I basically have to rip my pack apart.... I thought this would be an opportunity with it being a shell to add the speaker and lights easily and replace the wand with my matty....
Yeah it may look small on you especially when you're standing next to those with full scale packs.
DarkSpectre wrote:
Reppert7 wrote: yeah that's what I read, I'm big guy, I'm 6' 1" 230 lbs.... I'm willing to make this a "permanent pack" until I save up and get one commissioned, as long as it doesn't look like a little midget on my back. I want to add gbfans lights and spongface matty adapter to the pack I made last year, but I basically made a budget pack that I glued a bunch of stuff to a mother board....it looks great but I have no way of adding a speaker to my pack, and too add the lights I basically have to rip my pack apart.... I thought this would be an opportunity with it being a shell to add the speaker and lights easily and replace the wand with my matty....
Yeah it may look small on you especially when you're standing next to those with full scale packs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftCRXcZx5Y&t=0s

Yeah it looks small, lol! I wish they would've made an adult size too....
Reppert7 wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftCRXcZx5Y&t=0s

Yeah it looks small, lol! I wish they would've made an adult size too....
This would still be adult size, just not full scale. If it was a kids size, it's be half of what it is now. The proton pack toys are about 10 inches. This is 22. Length wise, it's about 5 inches smaller. Granted the gun is the smallest and it's not as thick, but overall the pack would be still be for adults.

If they made this thing the exact size, the price would probably be bumped up significantly.
It's just a little bit bigger than my 8 year old's 3/4 scale build I did for him so this pack would be excellent for older kids/teens, women who may not want a full size pack and smaller framed dudes. I'm hoping to snag one for our events so we'd have something for people to wear for pictures (plus I wouldn't have to build it lol)
More than grateful we're getting these affordable packs (would have KILLED for one as a kid*) but I'm just confused as to the reasoning WHY they're not to scale?

I'd rather pay $100 than $70 for such a thing. Looks like it'll be cool though for kids in photo ops or women though. :)

*had the RGB one as a kid, I meant movie inspired.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote:More than grateful we're getting these affordable packs (would have KILLED for one as a kid*) but I'm just confused as to the reasoning WHY they're not to scale?

I'd rather pay $100 than $70 for such a thing. Looks like it'll be cool though for kids in photo ops or women though. :)

*had the RGB one as a kid, I meant movie inspired.
I imagine it might have something to do with marketing to everyone. A full scale pack might be harder to sell to smaller dudes, women, and kids. While being around 70-80% makes it a tad small for bigger dudes, it does make it suitable for everyone. It says replica but at the end of the day it is just a mass produced costume piece for Halloween.

I'm 5'6" so it won't look so wonky on me. I don't mind the inaccuracy either, in my mind it adds a little something to it. Both movies have different ribbon cables, IDW comics have an extra HGA, mine will be a little smaller with a vent (speaker) on the cyclotron.
J10kmn wrote:I imagine it might have something to do with marketing to everyone. A full scale pack might be harder to sell to smaller dudes, women, and kids. While being around 70-80% makes it a tad small for bigger dudes, it does make it suitable for everyone. It says replica but at the end of the day it is just a mass produced costume piece for Halloween.
It's still a replica. Even if it's a mass produced costume piece, it's something that's made to look like another prop.

As I said though, doing it full scale will probably increase the price too. They compensate by making it smaller so the price is as low as possible. It would probably be more than $100 at full scale.
80sguy wrote:
J10kmn wrote:I imagine it might have something to do with marketing to everyone. A full scale pack might be harder to sell to smaller dudes, women, and kids. While being around 70-80% makes it a tad small for bigger dudes, it does make it suitable for everyone. It says replica but at the end of the day it is just a mass produced costume piece for Halloween.
It's still a replica. Even if it's a mass produced costume piece, it's something that's made to look like another prop.
Sorry, let me rephrase. Its a mass produced costume piece first and a replica second. Accuracy and scale are less important than making sure they get sold to as many people as possible.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]