Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By timeware
The Kennedy's were very successful with prohibition.
As for getting rid of guns claiming it solves the problem why would you want people defenseless? If hunters aren't allowed to hunt i'm sure you'd be screaming for a rifle when you have an over abundance population of mountain lion roaming the street you live on.

People who are forced to live in those projects buildings by law in some cities cant own a fire arm to protect themselves from the gang's and drug dealers that take them over.

it's probably cliche to bring up Chicago but Ive been there quite a few times. Not trying to make a joke here but it's a bit unnerving when you stop at a gas station and cant tell the difference between gun shots and a station wagon's engine back firing.
By RichardLess
timeware wrote:The Kennedy's were very successful with prohibition.
As for getting rid of guns claiming it solves the problem why would you want people defenseless? If hunters aren't allowed to hunt i'm sure you'd be screaming for a rifle when you have an over abundance population of mountain lion roaming the street you live on.

People who are forced to live in those projects buildings by law in some cities cant own a fire arm to protect themselves from the gang's and drug dealers that take them over.

it's probably cliche to bring up Chicago but Ive been there quite a few times. Not trying to make a joke here but it's a bit unnerving when you stop at a gas station and cant tell the difference between gun shots and a station wagon's engine back firing.
This stopped becoming a debate over facts and more of an ideology debate quite awhile ago. You claim to hate the disease but aren't open to a cure. One we know would work because we have ample examples of it working all over the world.

As for leaving people defenceless, it's better than having everyone be armed. What are you so afraid of?

Ah well. Neither of us agree so probably should stop and move back on topic. Shall we?
Lee FW liked this
By JurorNo.2
RichardLess wrote:You claim to hate the disease but aren't open to a cure. One we know would work because we have ample examples of it working all over the world.
Ehhh....you grew up with Fraggle Rock also in the UK, right? "It's not easy to understand other people's problems. But it's easy to think that you do."
What are you so afraid of?
He just gave you an example, gang violence. Everyone agrees that's a reality in the US.

As far as understanding what people are afraid of, I mean, historically, the UK has not been the oppressed very often. Ireland will certainly tell you that. ;)
By timeware
Sorry Richardless i'm not letting you get away with claiming facts as ideology. You want to talk about a certain issue while leaving facts out to get your point of view across. These are real situation's in the united States.
It's your typical mo when you cant or don't want to debate you try to abandon the topic or switch gears. A gun can only be evil as the person who operates it. There are millions of American's that own fire arms who would never use them for other then a firing range or hunting.
Yeah bad things will happen. Bad things will happen to good people when they are left high and dry so politicians can feel good.
JurorNo.2, deadderek liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:
Gasp...can you mention "Chicago" in a disparaging way without being labeled a racist?
Let me put it this way. I don't think it's especially...appreciated when white people disparage Chicago. It doesn't come across like we care, it comes across like we're judging. I mean, and there are black people who are trying to lift up their communities in the inner cities. We don't hear about them because "if it bleeds, it leads."
I lived in Chicago for about 5 years.
Sorry, not sorry...they get what they vote for, time and time again.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By JurorNo.2
featofstrength wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Let me put it this way. I don't think it's especially...appreciated when white people disparage Chicago. It doesn't come across like we care, it comes across like we're judging. I mean, and there are black people who are trying to lift up their communities in the inner cities. We don't hear about them because "if it bleeds, it leads."
I lived in Chicago for about 5 years.
Sorry, not sorry...they get what they vote for, time and time again.
I can't defend either party, they both abandoned the inner cities.

Oh drat, after Trump's foolishness it's all awkward to say "both sides" now. Thanks, Trump...:-?
By Alphagaia
Guys. While you are all trying to fix America, why don't ya solve world hunger. World Peace would be nice as well. Can't wait to read all those great ideas and debates.

Oh wait. I can.
This forum really, really, really needs an thread in the offtopic part for this in hopes of you all getting it out of your system.

/salt.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
RichardLess wrote:You claim to hate the disease but aren't open to a cure. One we know would work because we have ample examples of it working all over the world.
Ehhh....you grew up with Fraggle Rock also in the UK, right? "It's not easy to understand other people's problems. But it's easy to think that you do."
What are you so afraid of?
He just gave you an example, gang violence. Everyone agrees that's a reality in the US.

As far as understanding what people are afraid of, I mean, historically, the UK has not been the oppressed very often. Ireland will certainly tell you that. ;)
I am not from the UK. I'm Canadian
timeware wrote:Sorry Richardless i'm not letting you get away with claiming facts as ideology. You want to talk about a certain issue while leaving facts out to get your point of view across. These are real situation's in the united States.
It's your typical mo when you cant or don't want to debate you try to abandon the topic or switch gears. A gun can only be evil as the person who operates it. There are millions of American's that own fire arms who would never use them for other then a firing range or hunting.
Yeah bad things will happen. Bad things will happen to good people when they are left high and dry so politicians can feel good.
If you want to inbox me I'll be more than glad to continue the debate. It's my typical MO to realize once we are far away from the topic of the thread to mention it.

What I meant by the facts and ideals statement is that the conversation has left the realm of being anything more than spouting our opinions and it isn't a right vs wrong debate but more my opinion vs yours. I'm as unlikely to convince you you are wrong as you are me. Once that happens then it's time to switch gears, no? I didn't mean to imply you weren't stating facts or were wrong. What I said was poorly worded.
Alphagaia wrote:Guys. While you are all trying to fix America, why don't ya solve world hunger. World Peace would be nice as well. Can't wait to read all those great ideas and debates.

Oh wait. I can.
This forum really, really, really needs an thread in the offtopic part for this in hopes of you all getting it out of your system.

/salt.
By Sav C
RichardLess wrote:I am not from the UK. I'm Canadian
Same, not that anyone asked. Actually I'm dual (Canada and US).

Whether people are allowed to carry guns or not, the 2nd amendment was written 241 years ago in the days of muskets. It should be amended so that automatic weapons become illegal. Hunters don't hunt with automatic weapons. If you need a gun to protect your home, and you need an automatic weapon to do so, well, how exactly would you manage to get yourself in a position like that??

...So those monuments would've been put up by the last people in positions of power to support segregation? ...They have little to no historical value. Why the hell are they on display? They do not represent the current values of Americans.

That's the last I'll say on politics. I'm out.
Lee FW liked this
By deadderek
Holy Hell guys. Can we move this to a thread of it's own? This thread passed the topic a long time ago.
By JurorNo.2
RichardLess wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote: I am not from the UK. I'm Canadian
Ohh, ok sorry, I assumed you were UK when you asked if I was the other day. And when you referred to Canada as "America Jr."
JurorNo.2 wrote:
RichardLess wrote:
Ohh, ok sorry, I assumed you were UK when you asked if I was the other day. And when you referred to Canada as "America Jr."
No m'am. As you correctly picked up, I was just quoting a one, "Homer J. Simpson".

Plus, it's kind of true. Take hockey and Tim Hortons out of the equation, we're America Jr lol.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]