There have been numerous Ghostbusters items auctioned by Prop Store over the years, and their current offering is yet another high-interest item: one of jumpsuits from the original Ghostbusters, an item which was previously listed in 2008 by Profiles in History.

The jumpsuit is estimated to reach between £6,000.00 – £8,000.00 ($7,728.86 - $10,305.14), with the auction taking place on the 26th of September.
You know what would be hilarious? If Bill Murray himself was the high bidder on this and bought it.

(Okay, I totally stole this from the Rock Auction episode of the Steven Banks Show, where the winning bid on a piece of Monkees memorabilia was a surprise cameo by Peter Tork.)

Alex
Demon Vice Commander wrote:This seems to be the same jumpsuit that is prominently featured on the reference page for the uniform; it's nice to have some higher-resolution shots of it.
Good eye, the stray threads on the shoulder patch are a match:

Honestly I'm kind of surprised these suits are only expected to fetch 10 thousand. I'd think it would be a lot more.
Alex Newborn wrote:(Okay, I totally stole this from the Rock Auction episode of the Steven Banks Show, where the winning bid on a piece of Monkees memorabilia was a surprise cameo by Peter Tork.)
There was a Wings episode where Peter Tork bid on the Monkee Mobile. Helen keep raising her bid, claiming how much she loved the Monkees and had to have it, but she had no clue who he even was!
Alex Newborn liked this
GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) - Dr. Peter Venkman's (Bill Murray) Jumpsuit
Winning bid: £35,000 ($47,062) + Buyer's Premium (plus VAT & Credit Card fees if applicable)
[If bought by a buyer in the EEC using a credit card £47,014.80 ($63,213.50)]

GHOSTBUSTERS 2 (1989) - Dr. Peter Venkman's (Bill Murray) Jumpsuit and Autographed Cast Photograph
Winning bid: £25,000 ($33,613) + Buyer's Premium (plus VAT & Credit Card fees if applicable)
___

Buyer's Premium of 22% (plus VAT if applicable) will be added to all winning bids. An additional 2% (plus VAT if applicable) of the aggregate amount of the Hammer Price and Buyer's Premium will be charged for any lots settled via Credit Card.

These lots have been temporarily imported from outside the EEC for sale at auction in London. For buyers within the EEC (private individuals or registered businesses), 5% VAT will be due on the hammer price; 20% VAT will also be due on the Buyer’s premium (as well as Credit Card Fee if applicable). When lots are exported outside the EEC (proof of export required or shipped by Prop Store or through Prop Store’s authorised shipper), no VAT will be due.
Got to oogle this while it was on display, pretty damn awesome and had a feeling it'd go way above estimate. What I was surprised at was the crazy price of the Star Lord helmet. I mean, I loved Guardians but can't imagine it's gonna hold the same kinda value both financially and emotionally in 30 years...but then again if you got the money who am I to argue how ya spend it
Sav C, Noremon liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]