Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:I was curious about how they get a message to the Ghostbusters too. The only thing I can think is Casey and April witness the Collectors capture the Turtles and they're the ones that enlist the Ghostbusters help. ;).
Good call.

philmorgan81 wrote:I have been trying to catch up with the events of the Turtles comics in preparation for this crossover so I have no idea what Ally they may be referring too. By hey have made a lot of friends in these 70 plus issues. I am happy to find out that the events of the first crossover have been referenced a few times. In the Turtles comic The Immortals were having a banquet that they have every 500 years. They mention the absence of Chi Yu. I can't wait for that Ghost Trap with him in it to possibly make it's way back to the Turtles universe. :) :) :)
I'm glad someone's doing that. heh. Please feel free to list the issues the first crossover is referenced.

As for the long lost ally - I couldn't but wonder if something happens to Jenny in 101 #6. Or maybe Ray's Spirit Guide turns on them. He certainly would like what's happened with the multiverse after the warnings he gave as far back as Volume 1 of the ongoing series.

Hey you're right they don't specify who's ally it is. Great call. ;).

Of the issues that I have managed to get my hands on the first reference to the first crossover was in TMNT # 41 Donatello is working on the Transdimensional portal and he tells Harold something like. "Make sure the portal is calebrated properly this time Harold, don't forget what happened with those Ghost Guys."

The other reference was in issue TMNT # 72. That is when the immortals mention Chi Yu a few times. First they mention his abscense for the past 500 years. The Rat King mentions that Kensu was the last one to see him before he disappeared. The immortals do a role call and Chi Yu is mentioned again. I am paraphrasing again here and I am sorry, but they describe Chi YU as a fearce warrior and unstoppable. The Rat King makes a snide comment that since Chi Yu has been gone for 500 years the "unstoppable" part may be debatable. :) :) :). Those are the ones that I have personally found, but I am sure there could be many more references to the event because there is not just the 72 issues but the Spin Off Titles as well. Here is a chronology chart, but I don't think I am going to be able to catch up completely to see if the event was referenced in those titles. :) :) :)

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_Chronology
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
philmorgan81 wrote:Of the issues that I have managed to get my hands on the first reference to the first crossover was in TMNT # 41 Donatello is working on the Transdimensional portal and he tells Harold something like. "Make sure the portal is calebrated properly this time Harold, don't forget what happened with those Ghost Guys."

The other reference was in issue TMNT # 72. That is when the immortals mention Chi Yu a few times. First they mention his abscense for the past 500 years. The Rat King mentions that Kensu was the last one to see him before he disappeared. The immortals do a role call and Chi Yu is mentioned again. I am paraphrasing again here and I am sorry, but they describe Chi YU as a fearce warrior and unstoppable. The Rat King makes a snide comment that since Chi Yu has been gone for 500 years the "unstoppable" part may be debatable. :) :) :).
Thanks. Okay. 41, 71, and 72. Funny in #71, Kitsune lied about her encounter with him in TMNT/GB #1 and one panel depicts said encounter in the issue. I also discovered Chi-You comes up in TMNT Universe #13 - which happened to be written by Erik Burnham. Karai is told a legend that reveals Chi-You talked to Kublai Khan for 3 days and influenced him to invade Japan in 1274.
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:Of the issues that I have managed to get my hands on the first reference to the first crossover was in TMNT # 41 Donatello is working on the Transdimensional portal and he tells Harold something like. "Make sure the portal is calebrated properly this time Harold, don't forget what happened with those Ghost Guys."

The other reference was in issue TMNT # 72. That is when the immortals mention Chi Yu a few times. First they mention his abscense for the past 500 years. The Rat King mentions that Kensu was the last one to see him before he disappeared. The immortals do a role call and Chi Yu is mentioned again. I am paraphrasing again here and I am sorry, but they describe Chi YU as a fearce warrior and unstoppable. The Rat King makes a snide comment that since Chi Yu has been gone for 500 years the "unstoppable" part may be debatable. :) :) :).
Thanks. Okay. 41, 71, and 72. Funny in #71, Kitsune lied about her encounter with him in TMNT/GB #1 and one panel depicts said encounter in the issue. I also discovered Chi-You comes up in TMNT Universe #13 - which happened to be written by Erik Burnham. Karai is told a legend that reveals Chi-You talked to Kublai Khan for 3 days and influenced him to invade Japan in 1274.

Thank you very much now I need to check out TMNT Universe # 13. It is funny I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I was aware of the IDW comic, but never picked it up. When it was announced that the Turtles and Ghostbusters were going to crossover I just had to catch up with the Turtles world. I was lucky by that time there were only 40 issues and a couple of issues of Micro Series. So I grabbed as many of the Trades as I could and got caught up. I am so glad that they crossed over because it was my gateway into the Turtles comics. I love how both the Ghostbusters and the Ninja Turtles keep referencing the first event. It just makes the whole multiverse feel that much bigger. It is like one big playground and I can't wait to see what other events IDW may have up their sleeves. :) :) :)
By Razorgeist
Oh wow great callback cant wait to read more. Do Shredder and Krang play a part in the IDW turtles series? I only ask because it would be interesting to see Venkman snark at them.
By mrmichaelt
Went through Galusha's twitter and blog and found some stuff:

He worked on his cover for #3 as far back as June 29
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/880578683781562368
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/880578154103844864

Teased his cover again on July 7
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/883287354252828672

Posted a Leonardo concept sketch on August 8
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/895170096049664001

Posted a robot bad guy concept sketch on August 10. Foot Clan symbols? Also a Winston concept.
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/895715854213496832
http://www.taddgalusha.com/?p=1635

Posted Leo slashing a robot bad guy on August 20
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/899456800285523968

Posted another teaser on August 26. Some TMNT easter egg?
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/901544796434518016

Posted his process on his cover on August 30
http://www.taddgalusha.com/?p=1663

Posted teaser of Winston and Leo running on September 4
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/904689762342100994

Posted layouts of a dystopian city on September 13
https://twitter.com/TaddGalusha/status/908097076814213121

On September 19, posted he was wrapping up work on his issue. Posted concepts of The Frogs.
http://www.taddgalusha.com/?p=1682
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham saw the PDF for #3 tonight. (the comic is done - just has to be printed)
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/912855131401670656

Kingpin wrote:It's Mad Max's Interceptor.
Oh. Thanks. I got confused and thought it was an easter egg from within TMNT like the Neutrinos' car or something.
By mrmichaelt
^^You're not wrong to think some of those A covers don't match the logline. And wow, lot's of TMNT nods in #4's.

But guess what, another variant cover has surfaced! #1 will have a Retailer Exclusive cover from Heroes & Fantasies in Texas done by Tim Lim. Only 1000 printed and is $10 plus shipping.
https://twitter.com/NinjainkArt/status/915964806284431365
https://www.heroesandfantasies.com/product/tmnt-ghostbusters/
*NormalGamer*, Kingpin liked this
By timeware
I just made the cover with the Ecto and Turtle Van my desktop image. The one thing the vortex cover seems to be missing is Ash from the Evil Dead. That would be an epic cross over with all three series.
By mrmichaelt
rcaudill82 wrote:Can anyone make a list of all the exclusive covers besides the main covers already known and posted.
The information on exclusive covers is not fully released or known for that matter. The master list of all known covers for #1 to 5 are as follows:

ISSUE #1
*Cover A by Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado
*Cover B by Dave Watcher
*Cover RI (1:10) by Karl Moline
*Cover RI (1:50 [unverified]) by Kevin Eastman
*Cover RE (Retailer Exclusive) Heroes & Fantasies by Tim Lim
*Cover RE (Retailer Exclusive) Rhode Island Comic Con by Chris Campana and Ian Nichols

ISSUE #2
*Cover B by Pablo Tunica
*Cover RI by Donny Tran

ISSUE #3
*Cover B by Tadd Galusha
*Cover RI by Chris Johnson

ISSUE #4
*Cover B by Mark Torres
*Cover RI by Ben Bishop

ISSUE #5
*Cover B by Charles Paul Wilson III
*Cover RI by Adam Gorham
Last edited by mrmichaelt on October 24th, 2017, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sayscalled
Just preordered the TPB, and can't wait!

I know some people don't understand us trade-waiters, seeing as sales of the issues are what keep things going. Fair point. However, even when I was a kid, month by month issues seem like a huge tease to me. You're engrossed in what you're reading... Thirty pages later... See you next month!

I'd rather read a huge chunk of a story at once, or a complete mini series. Plus, with online shopping, if I preorder, I have it to look forward to.

Sorry for the tangent. I'm just jazzed for more TMNT/GB.
By timeware
The only thing that could top that cover would be to have Winston holding a light saber generated from the proton pack he's wearing. I really want to see these covers as posters!

(And to illustrate what I mean)

By groschopf
I was on the fence about another GB/TMNT mashup. but I have to say... fun book. I especially enjoyed just seeing a good 'ole fashioned bust at the outset.

I've been trying to identify this since last night:

I mistook it for a Sonic Screwdriver from the Doctor Who universe, but thus far have been unable to match it up. Thoughts?
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
TMNT/GHOSTBUSTERS VOL. 2 ISSUE #1
Part 1
Not bad of a start, right into the thick of things. Didn't have to worry about set-up. Though boy did Ray and Egon talk. :P

Pretty neat Winston's honorary doctorate is not history like The Video Game but parapsychology. Makes better sense, imo. I'm right there with Winston feeling dead and burnt out. Almost the end of the year.

Always nice to see another Kenner ghost make an appearance. Great attention to detail the H2 Ghost started as the seperate forms then when Peter blasts it, it's in the combined form. Sounds like this is right after Ghostbusters 101 and Ray's already bored with mop up duty. Heh heh. Typical jinx. :D But cool to see both franchises are drawing on their canon - this is post GB 101 and post Trial of Krang from what I gather. Not familiar with Darius Dun but I skimmed it. Doesn't seem that special a character and kinda two-dimensional revenge lust. But eh, I guess I had to read the TMNT comics to get the character. Real jerk move, Bronson, telling him about the Collectors...

In terms of interpersonal dynamics -- I love it when it's Egon and Ray tinkering but it appears the mini will revisit the Egon-Donatello dynamic from the first mini. Interesting move that Egon needed Donatello's expertise rather than Ray's. Or Raph and Don. One minute, Raph is flipping out on Don for not getting any help. Then after the Ghostbuster show up, he crosses his arms and calmly tells Don nice work. lol. Cute attention of detail but when they arrive in the Collectors' limbo and most are talking and off to the side, Mike is high fiving Peter hello.

The Collectors. Once I saw that hive mind mention in their bio -- the reveal about the mini taking place in several dimensions started to make perfect sense. Divide and conqu--stall. I wonder if the strain of them tracking the Ghostbusters and Turtles across the multiverse, being separated across dimensions for sustained periods, teleporting after them dimension to dimension -- will weaken them enough for Egon and Donatello's pending invention. Looking back at Get Real, Proteus was weakened in the last issue as Ananke pointed out from the strain of the dimension hopping, the Proton Grenades, and being wrangled temporarily. Egon needs Donatello's transdimensional expertise. Hm, so implicitly a Boson Pack Megatrap combo might not be enough. They are a hive mind. Maybe a mod that scrambles their shared mind with spectral dissonance? Keeping all 4 out of phase with each other while the special trap keeps them in rigid stasis?

The new toys. The helmets Don and Winston used was a neat play. It's almost like what they did with Kate in the Headless Motorcyclist episode of RGB with the psychogram helmets. The gauntlets that let them remotely jump dimensions -- hoo boy -- that's got to be a step even closer to Aykroyd's original Ghost Smashers script. Let's hope those things don't break easy.

And less than day to figure out an ace against Collectors. So it appears Issue 2 to 4 take place all at the same time - relatively. But considering the 3 week time jump, makes you wonder how much time will pass when they reunite in #5. Or even the consequences of the Turtles being gone from their dimension for so long - will probably factor into what starts with #46.
Easter eggs so far
*Cover A
**The Ninja Turtles look into the Trap, a nod to Egon's warning in the first movie not to.
**The silhouettes of the Collectors appear to be visually based on the Dark Turtles from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward animated series.
**The cover is a nod to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze movie poster:
***The posing of the Ninja Turtles.
***The ordering of the Ninja Turtles from Donatello to Raphael to Leonardo to Michelangelo.
***The Ninja Turtles look into a Trap instead of a TGRI canister.
***The new villains' silhouettes look sideways at the top of page.
**Egon looks in Tobin's Spirit Guide.
**Ray has his Ecto Goggles on.
**Ray also has the Giga Meter.
*Cover B
**The cover features Darius Dun.
*Cover RI
**The cover features Ecto-1 and the Turtle Van.
*Cover RE Heroes & Fantasies
**The cover is a nod to the end of Ghostbusters II. The Ninja Turtles are in the painting instead of the guys.
**Peter is in his charcoal flightsuit from the second movie.
**Peter quotes his Fettucini line from the end of the second movie.
*Dramatis Personae
**Peter's bio now mentions he reads people well.
**Winston's bio now mentions
***His honorary doctorate was in parapsychology. Whereas in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, it was a doctorate in history.
***He's almost done with his law studies in night school that began in the first Ghostbusters ongoing series.
***The "soft spot of kids" came up in the first issue of the ongoing series when Alan Crendall's apartment was terrorized by Slimer.
**The Collectors' bio has an image of the entity resembling Leonardo.
**Darius' bio refers to his death at the hands of Splinter and the Foot Clan in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #64.
*What Came Before
**The image is taken from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1 Regular Cover
**The events of the first crossover are summarized.
***Chi-You and the Pantheon are mentioned.
***The Interspatial Teleportation Unit is alluded to.
**The Ghostbusters' ongoing experiments with the teleportation unit continued into the Get Real mini-series, International run, and 101 mini-series.
*Page 1
**In panel 1, obscured by the Lexington Avenue text box, the name of the restaurant on the awning is Bobo's, a nod to Bobo's Restaurant in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Station Identification"
**The businesswoman appears to be visually based on Marla Bloodstone from Gremlins 2: The New Batch.
**The bust takes place on Lexington Avenue on the East Side.
**The story opens before a Thursday, based on the woman's conversation.
**The woman mentions "scooper laws." In 1978, a law for dog-waste violations went into effect. Violators are fined $250.
**The entity that grabs her leg is visually based on Kenner's H2 Ghost.
**In panel 5, on the storefront ? Weird Pizza from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) "Pizza by the Shred"?
*Page 2
**In panel 3, the H2 Ghost is now in its combined form.
*Page 3
**Ray's mention of making sure the ghost didn't attempt a forced possession was brought up in Ghostbusters 101 #2 and #4's 101 Class Notes.
**In panel 3, Ecto-1 is parked by a Meanie Wienie hot dog cart like the one used by Mitch in Volume 1 Issue #14.
**The Meanie Wienie mascot is based on the Meanie Wienie Ghost that comes with the Kenner Super Fright Feature Winston figure.
**In panel 4, the Ghostbusters II logo sticker appears to be based on the one offered by Red Bubble?
**Ray alludes to Loftur Porsteinson and the globetrotting they did in Ghostbusters International.
**Peter recently offered his professional services to Erin Gilbert in Ghostbusters 101 #4.
*Page 4
**In panel 1, on the paging device is 28 E 35th Street. This is the address for John H Holmes Community House.
**Ray once again brings up the insulation between dimensions that started in Volume 1 Issue #14. Likewise, Peter makes a meta-comment about how it's routinely mentioned.
**Ray alludes to the finale of Ghostbusters 101 when the two teams separated the Prime and ATC dimensions by crossing the streams.
**Ray mentions Murray Hill, an upscale neighborhood in Midtown Manhattan.
**Peter inquires about Ray's mother, who had a cameo in Ghostbusters: Past, Present, and Future.
**Winston mentions Purgatory. The Ghostbusters went to one version in Ghostbusters: The Other Side.
*Page 5
**In panel 1, some of the ghosts appear to be visually based on unused designs of Ghosts, Terror Dogs and Gozer forms in the first movie.
***On the left, on the second column, an unused Bernie Wrightson concept of a later Gozer form seen in Making Ghostbusters page 155.
***On the left middle, a four legged hairy ghost possibly based on one of Bernie Wrightson's Terror Dog concepts seen in Making Ghostbusters page 116
***On the right, atop the column, a skeleton ghost possibly based on a ghost concept seen in Making Ghostbusters page 39
**In panel 1, on the right, the ghost with the blue suit jacket on is one of the ghosts in the Garment District in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Cry Uncle". Peter critiques his style choice.
**In panel 1, on the right, one of the entities appears to be based on Mr. Toad from The Wind in the Willows.
**In panel 3, in the 'magic window' is Splinter, a Foot Clan ninja, and an elite ninja.
**Darius brings up his death in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #64.
*Page 6
**The awful cost that Bronson alludes to is a human's sanity. In Volume 2 Issue #4, Idulnas was forcibly pulled out of Janosz Poha's body by the Collectors and taken to their limbo dimension.
*Page 7
**The Dimensional Inverter last appeared in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #1. It warned of the arrival of the Turtles, April O'Neil, and Casey Jones.
**The vacuum cleaner from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions is on the floor.
**Ray makes light of the difficulty in finding a working security measure for the Interspatial Teleportation Unit. This was previously brought up in Ghostbusters 101 Issue #5 on page 4.
**Ray refers to the unit as the Trans-Dimensional Portal, the name of the animated version in The Real Ghostbusters "The Copycat".
**Ray's civies are inspired by an outfit worn by Louis Winthrope III, a character portrayed by Dan Aykroyd in the movie "Trading Places", notably during a mug shot.
**In panel 3, on the shelf in the sleeping quarters is ?
**In panel 4, on the kitchen counter is a can of Blody. Next to it is the Summoner's Bell and microwave from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions.
*Page 8
**In panel 1, on top of the refrigerator is the Singing Slime from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions.
**In panel 1, on the refrigerator is a drawing of Slimer from ?
**In panel 1, to the right of the refrigerator is a box from Dick's Pizza, a pizzeria introduced in Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #13.
*Page 9
**The reason the Turtles were in Dimension X was for the "Trial of Krang" story arc that just concluded in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #75.
***This crossover mini-series takes place immediately after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #75 and during the gap between Issue #75 and #76.
**The Collectors first appear in their true forms. It was only seen previously once at the start of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #4.
*Page 10
**In panel 1, to the left of Donatello is the The Real Ghostbusters Data East arcade.
**In panel 2, on the brown bag is ?
*Page 11
**In panel 1, on the cork board are (from left to right):
***The New York News newspaper from the end of New Ghostbusters II
***The Amstrad/Schneider "Richochet" EU cover for Ghostbusters Activision (1984)
***A 1985 "Now Making Housecalls!" ad for the VHS release of the 1st Ghostbusters movie reusing the poster of Peter, Ray, and Egon looking up, Slimer added to the top right corner, and the VHS cover on the left of the guys.
***The black and white photo of 1984 Official Ghostbusters Fan Club's Swissvale, Pennsylvania founders Mark Lister and Jim Garvey with merchandise.
***Yellow Post It ?
**In panel 1, in the lower left corner is part of the Hohman's Low Black-Ruse cursed artifact from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions.
**Egon reminds Ray they never defeated the Collectors. This took place in Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #4. Janosz Poha altered the summoning spell and the Collectors left with Idulnas instead of the Ghostbusters.
**In panel 5, behind Ray is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figure from ?
**In panel 5, the box left of Ray's word balloon is ?
*Page 12
**In panel 1, left of Winston is the Star Gazer arcade from the first Ghostbusters movie.
**Winston is wearing a two tone striped T-shirt commonly worn by the animated Winston on The Real Ghostbusters.
**In panel 3, behind Peter is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II arcade.
**Peter alludes to Chi-You, the principal adversary of the first crossover between the Ghostbusters and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
*Page 15
**Leonardo alludes to when the Turtles cut ties with Splinter and walked out on him after he had Darius Dun executed in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issue #64.
*Page 16
**In panel 4, on the left is a structure from a Gozerian dimension design concept made for the first Ghostbusters movie from which the Collectors' limbo is loosely based on.
*Page 17
**In panel 2, by Egon is the Mobile X-Ray Machine set on Slimer's scan from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Future Tense".
**In panel 2, left of Donatello is the Mass Containment Field from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Dairy Farm"
**In panel 3, on the left is Egon's Quonset Hut from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Camping It Up".
*Page 18
**In panel 1, on the table are equipment from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game:
***A Slime Mine
***A Proton Pack with Boson Dart
***A Stasis Stream
**In panel 1, Egon appears to be holding the Shock Blast from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
**In panel 1, on the right is a box from Hasty Pastry Bakery seen in The Real Ghostbusters "The Joke's on Ray".
**In panel 2, Donatello is holding the Globuscope from Ghostbusters II.
**In panel 3, to the right of Egon is a still, from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game, of Ray with the Aura Video Analyzer colander on in the cinematic after the player finds the team on the second floor at the beginning of gameplay.
*Page 19
**In panel 1 and 2, the landscapes and art styles are based on?
***In panel 1, Franken Castle in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts"?
**In panel 4, also seen on the table are more equipment from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game:
***Paragoggles
***Trap
***P.K.E. Meter
**Egon tells Donatello about how time works differently in the Collectors' limbo. In Ghostbusters Volume 2, the Ghostbusters thought they were imprisoned there for several hours. Upon returning home, they learned three months had passed.
*Page 20
**In panel 1, Egon works at the console from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
**In panel 1, on top of the console is a 2016 Ecto Cooler can.
**In panel 1, to the right of Donatello on the window sill is Luis Delgado's 15 eater egg as an "XV"
**In panel 3, the ghost sprites on the screen are from the city map in Ghostbusters Activision (1984).
**In panel 3, the sprites of Peter, Winston, and Ray are from New Ghostbusters II.
**In panel 4, on the right, the arcades are
***Left: Ghost Capture from the Panic in Times Square level from stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game
***Middle: Moonstrosity X arcade from the Firehouse second floor in realistic versions.
***Right: Star Castle from middle arcade on Firehouse second floor in first movie.
**In panel 5, the object Donatello holds is?

To Be Identified/Confirmed/Verified

1. Page 1: Businesswoman is based on Marla Bloodstone from Gremlins 2: The New Batch ?

2. Page 1, Panel 5: On the store fronts are? Weird Pizza from TMNT '87?

3. Page 3, Panel 4: The Ghostbusters II sticker is from Red Bubble?

4. Page 5 Panel 1: The ghosts are based on unused designs of Terror Dog and Gozer?
a. On the left, on the second column, an unused Bernie Wrightson concept of a later Gozer form seen in Making Ghostbusters page 155.
b. On left middle, a four legged hairy ghost possibly based on one of Bernie Wrightson's Terror Dog concepts seen in Making Ghostbusters page 116
c. On the right, atop the column, a skeleton ghost possibly based on a ghost concept seen in Making Ghostbusters page 39
d. On the right, Mr. Toad?

5. Page 5: Bronson is based on ?

6. Page 6 Panel 6: The ghosts are based on?

7. Page 7 Panel 3: On the shelf is ?

8. Page 8 Panel 1: On the refrigerator is a drawing of Slimer from ?

9. Page 10 Panel 2: On the brown bag is ?

10. Page 11 Panel 1: on the cork board on the white paper and Yellow Post It ?

11. Page 11 Panel 5: Behind Ray is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figure from ?

12. Page 11 Panel 5: The box left of Ray's word balloon is ?

13. Page 19 Panel 1 and 2: The landscapes and art styles are based on? Franken Castle in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts"?

14. Page 20 Panel 5, the object Donatello holds is?

EDIT: An interview with Tadd Galusha. He reveals:

*The guest artists aren't just doing one issue each. They're in #2-4 but their page counts aren't all the same. Some do a little in one issue, a lot in another

*His issue deals with Winston and Leonardo in a post-apocalyptic battleworld with robots and crazy mutants. A few panels from his issue are also previewed.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/artist-tadd-galusha-on-idws-new-tmntghostbusters-2-miniseries
Last edited by mrmichaelt on November 9th, 2017, 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote:*Page 19

Panel 1 appears to be based on the Scooby Doo episode "Dracula's Castle".
Definitely Scooby, but I think it looks like the
Franken Castle in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts"

EDIT: Tom Waltz posted a few panels from #2
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/926263839259324417
*NormalGamer* liked this
By robbritton
mrmichaelt wrote:
groschopf wrote:*Page 19

Panel 1 appears to be based on the Scooby Doo episode "Dracula's Castle".
Definitely Scooby, but I think it looks like the
Franken Castle in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts"

EDIT: Tom Waltz posted a few panels from #2
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/926263839259324417

I took the art style in panel 2 to just be
realistic depictions of the characters from their respective first live action movies!
I can't speak for the background, though.
By mrmichaelt
robbritton wrote:I took the art style in panel 2 to just be
realistic depictions of the characters from their respective first live action movies!
I can't speak for the background, though.
Perhaps.

After what I saw chasing Ray and Raph in #2 in the same dimension/b.g., I think it's maybe
a Mugato from Star Trek and thus the planet Neural. But after a cursory search, I've yet to find an orange colored region of Neural.

OK lets see some REAL progress for a change! I s[…]

Yeah I did....but that was last week......I have t[…]

That is awesome! Where did you happen to find thes[…]

The 2mb would work if you get rid of all of the di[…]